You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500k semi final

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Being a relatively inexperienced player still trying to improve I entered the freeroll to get into the semi I surprised myself by coming second out of nearly 200 players. onto the semi only 23 players in with the top 5 going through was getting rather excited lol. picture the scene get dealt 66 and call flop goes 10 10 6 rubbing my hands one guy bets quite big I just call river is a q guy bets bigger I think its xmas lol and go all in he calls on the reveal he has A10 please don't be an ace on the river I shouldn't have worried it was a 10 ******* god how gutted was I lol. I wonder if I should have done anything different don't think he would have folded anyway?

Comments

• edited May 2014

Ouch!

Very unlucky Mr Parkhead.

You can play the hand any number of different ways, but you were always going to lose because, as you note, he was NEVER folding A-10 on a flop of 10-10-6, nor should he.

Just one of those things, I'm afraid, just because we lose a hand does not mean we have played it wrongly, or badly.

We should always be wary when we have the "under-house" (& much more so in Omaha), & I suppose, in a really well-structuted, big buy-in event (say, the WSOP Main) we can, with difficulty, find a fold, but in a regular online Tourney, it's just one of those things, & we have to go with it.

Anyway, welcome to the Sky Poker Community, hope you stick around.

Any questions, fire away.  

• edited May 2014

Incidentally, the odds were.....

Pre-Flop you were 54% to win

On the flop you were 77% to win.

On the turn you were 84%.

(All percentages approx).

These sound huge percentages, but 77% (on the flop) means, roughly, you win 3 times in 4 - or lose 1 time in 4. So not THAT huge.

Look at it an easier way - pre-flop you were only a very small favourite, effectively a coin flip.