You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky is getting irrational bad publicity.

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
  Do a search on Google for "Sky Poker Reviews".
 The 1st result I get is from Poker Scout . Sky gets a rating of 1.8/10. The top comments are ridiculous, mainly about bad beats, but they have lots of likes. The last pages have good new comments but too many dislikes too be seen, i'v just been through and liked the ones I agree with, and made my review. I'd love to see Sky booming, so hopefully we can help out here..
 Cheers..

Comments

• edited May 2014

You'll find that the majority of reviews on poker scout for all sites are not good.
    Not so much reviews as more a place for people to moan about bad beats.
  • edited May 2014
    'virtually every other hand played on this site is won by a flush or full house'
    'Tournaments: poor choice and very much focused on turbo blind structures '
    'Forum: it is a community of Donks'

As the great man Robert Heinlein said - "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."  

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky is getting irrational bad publicity.:
     You'll find that the majority of reviews on poker scout for all sites are not good. Not so much reviews as more a place for people to moan about bad beats.
    Posted by 68Trebor
     haha, just had a look, I didn't think of looking at other sites on there. It's all the same, 1.8/10 isn't actualy that bad compared to some of them on there. 

I cant believe that is the 1st site that comes up on google tho, it's such bad publicity. I bet the majority of new players would come through google normally.
  • edited May 2014
    lol some cracking reviews, that must be where people go once they get banned from the forum.
  • edited May 2014
    Every single site is the same on there.  Same total nutters posting the same nonsense about every site.

Bad losers who have no idea about poker at all.  You will often see them claim 'I'm a good player, have won $100k on XYZ and now I've played 10 MTTs on this site and I can't win a flip it must be rigged'.

Just hilarious.  Fun for the entertainment value sometimes.  Those kind of people and their thought processes are what are gonna keep the games good for years to come.
  • edited May 2014

On Page One alone, the following comments were made.....

The biggest scams pokersite!!!

I am 100 % certain ********** is corrupt. Corrupted by hackers to create a result for the hackers to win. Can you imagine , our hard earned money is going into the pockets of some insidious criminals who sit back and smile about how easy it is to take the fools money.

This site is rigged for bad beats

********** DESTROYED MY FATHER LIFE

********** is a FCKN JOKE!

**********, as most people call it now is such a scam, it's scary

Guys, take my advice, this site is purly rigged, they keep on ripping u off all the time, they give u a little to drag u like a dog to the bone, then they grab on ur money whol the time.

this RNG is the most rigged programm on earth,

What site were those comments about? PokerStars. So I don't think too many rational thinking individuals will be troubled too much by these "Reviews".  

• edited May 2014
    The best ones are when the logic is:

Bad beats>>>More Rake>>>Funding the state of Israel

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))
  • edited May 2014

One chap wrote that he can prove it is rigged, as his Q-Q got beat by 9-9......

Good job he does not play Omaha.
  • edited May 2014
    This was Sky's fault obviously! How dare they find the only King left in the pack!! :))))))
    SolarCarro Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £4.96
    radjygad04 Big blind  £0.05 £0.10 £5.25
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

kevn8309 Fold     
    izaak1992 Raise  £0.15 £0.25 £6.72
    R3D Raise  £0.25 £0.50 £5.16
    SolarCarro Raise  £0.90 £1.40 £4.06
    radjygad04 Call  £0.90 £2.30 £4.35
    izaak1992 Call  £0.80 £3.10 £5.92
    R3D All-in  £5.16 £8.26 £0.00
    SolarCarro All-in  £4.06 £12.32 £0.00
    radjygad04 Fold     
    izaak1992 Call  £4.46 £16.78 £1.46
    SolarCarro Show
    • A
    • A

izaak1992 Show
    • J
    • K

R3D Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

• K

River

R3D Win Full House, Kings and 8s £15.52  £15.52
  • edited May 2014
    Haha, this thread is cracking me up :D

What doesn't make sense is; let's assume that a poker site is in fact rigged by hackers for their own accounts to make money. If that was possible on one site then it would be the case on all sites, so why does the person complaining bother playing online poker at all?

The thing that really gets me is when someone in the chatbox complains with "OMG, why did you call a re-raise with 72off, idiot player". At that point I always pipe up and say "it's their money, they can do what they like". Then they respond telling me how bad I am at poker .. even if that was true, it's a completely separate argument, I did not once state I was any good ..

I'm a very argumentative person by nature, I enjoy the whole psychology aspect, and enjoy the way others get increasingly angry in response to valid points. You know you've won an argument when the person you're debating with starts to attack you personally rather than arguing the actual point - it's very satisfying :-)
  • edited May 2014
     I just had another look at the site, it let me vote on the comments again today, thats probably why all the negative comments are voted on so much.
  • edited May 2014
    Funny post about another site

"
     RNG MY AS!!! CHECK OUT THIS HANDS I GOT TODAY!!
    I RAISE KK A GUY GOES ALL IN AJ I CALL. FLOP 3 K 9 WOW PERFECT FLOP!!! TURN Q RIVER 10 HE MAKSE A STRAIGHT!!
    I GET AA AND GO ALL IN A GUY CALLS ME WITH 10 J. FLOP 2 7 3!! TURN J RIVER J!
    AQ AND THE FLOP COMES A 7 J TURN Q I GO ALL IN HE CALLS ME WITH A 7!! RIVER CARD:7
    AK AND THE FLOP COMES Q 10 5 TURN J GIVING ME THE NUTS. HE BETS I RAISE HE GOES ALL IN I CALL HE HAD A SET 55 AND THE RIVER CARD J!! HE MAKES FULL HOUSE!
  • edited May 2014
    id like to get them all in a locked room, tie them up and iron them out with a baseball bat, they boil my blood.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky is getting irrational bad publicity.:
    id like to get them all in a locked room, tie them up and iron them out with a baseball bat, they boil my blood.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    The enforcer!   Make sure the bat has the sky logo on it :)