You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 22ND MAY *****

edited May 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

The Poker Clinic is returning to Sky Poker TV on Thursday night at 9pm..... If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited May 2014
    For the Clinic: #778037965 Hand from the Rebuy open (last wednesday). 9 players remaining at the time. 

Pre flop - Think my call is OK - i had been playing quite tight up to this point and 4 5 suited is one i would like to see a flop with.

Flop - Great flop and happy to see a turn card, happy to shutdown on some but i was hoping for a spade turn to give more outs. Think Divs is likely to have overcards on a flop like this. Don't want to raise and fold out worse just yet.

Turn - Great turn card, now my original plan here was to Check / Jam. When he checks behind, I'm fairly certain he has a big ace that does not hit the king. I think AK/KQ/KJ bets here 100% as the board is quite draw heavy, so i felt he was shutting down as we went to see a river card.

River - Small brick but a card which could certainly hit his hand. How much are we betting to get him off the hand? Had i got there on the river, i'm setting him in. So i decided to play the same way, to apply maximum pressure, as he is calling for his life. I know a small bit about his game and i think he calls a smaller bet. When he turned over i was a little embarrassed.

Question for after the hand - Is this play going to work over time? I've discussed this with a few people over skype and they believe alot of people are folding that river. His hand fails to beat some other bluffs in my range which i can call the flop with which is why i felt a bit unlucky this did not get through. I suppose that is why he is one of the best MTTers on the site.