You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Disappointing turnout for £500 Deep Stack Satellites

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

First let me start by saying i think the £500 DS is a great idea, i love the DS structure and play them regularly. You can normally find me in the £300 DS at 20:15 since £5 entry fee is about the limit i can reasonably afford.

So i was very happy to see that sky had put on satellites to help support this new tournament.
i of course entered the satellite at 17:45 this evening, its only 1 place in every 10 gets a seat, but i thought i was well worth a shot to get into what i see as the best tournament sky has.

So can you imagine my disappointment when game time comes round and there are a grand total of 7 ppl entered, not even enough for 1 seat into tonight's game.. heartbreaking.......

I hope more ppl will see this topic and become aware that there are ways into this great game even if, like me you don't have the bankroll to buy straight in...

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I agree mike, i dont get home for the 5 o clock satelites, So when i saw this satelite i thought great a chance for me 2 get in.
    Hopefully more people will see these and the numbers will grow and this tourny can really take off
    Gl at the tbs mike, Ozzie
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Disappointing turnout for £500 DS Satellites:
    I agree mike, i dont get home for the 5 o clock satelites, So when i saw this satelite i thought great a chance for me 2 get in. Hopefully more people will see these and the numbers will grow and this tourny can really take off Gl at the tbs mike, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08
    I think a lot of players agree with what you are saying.
    The 22pound Deep stack will become popular i am sure.
    I do however feel that if the buyin was £15 pound it would encourage more players.
    There is a lot of comments on this regarding the number of places paid but i think sky have to stick to their current rules on this. I go out on the bubble a lots of times usually with the little fella's.

Pamxx