You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread ***

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey poker friends!

Blimey it's been ages since I've seen all of your faces, I've nearly forgotten what you all look like! And it's been even longer since I've seen Tikay's face, I've definitely forgotten what he looks like too. So I've just refreshed my memory and come across this beauty... 

So for a bit of fun, your best photo captions please!!! 

As for the live show tonight, you can expect some exciting Super Roller action & some UKPC Final action as well. Here's the line up:

7pm- 8pm: Thursdays Sky Sports Bounty Hunter final table
8pm-10pm: Live coverage of the £15,000 Super Roller
10pm-Midnight: Live coverage from the UKPC Final

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Aaaaaand, with the excitement of the UKPC final tonight with 5 seats guaranteed into the main event in August, it wouldn't be a show without a prize to give away! So, we are going to give away 1 free seat worth £48 into Monday night's UKPC semi final to the best contribution to the question below:

With the brand new Sky Poker App available to download now, we'd like you to get in touch and tell us:

WHERE YOU ARE NOW MOST EXCITED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO PLAY SKY POKER ON THE GO?

Email: skyopen@bskyb.com
    Twitter: @skypoker #skypokertv

See you all at 7pm!
    Jules xx
  • edited May 2014
    So apparently my photo didn't work! Here you go! 

• edited May 2014
    Good luck with show. Re Caption competition:

As Tikay exits another tournament early he paraphrases Max Bygraves 'You need hands... to win at poker'

• edited May 2014
    Afternoon all.  Have a great show.

Where am I most looking forward to playing Sky Poker on the go?  Well I'm off to Alton Towers in a couple of weeks and I have made a bet with one of my mates that I can play while I'm on all of the roller coasters.  If I win I get a packet of doughnuts from him :)

Caption contest.

Behind me is where they are building the worlds largest concrete museum but they are using cement to build it!  Well I never!  

Run well all and have fun :)
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Jules and Mr Tikay.
    Would it be possible to mention the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK ON THE 4TH JUNE.
    Mr Julian Thew is playing and a top class field has already registered.
    Thank you Mr Tikay for all your help in making this tournament popular.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
    p.s I would consider it an honour Jules if you could find the time to participate on the 4th June.
  • edited May 2014
    Caption

What's the difference between this building site, and Orford's poker prowess?

One is work in progress with a positive outcome in sight, whereas, Orford is just hard work!
  • edited May 2014
    Ah yes the beautiful and the smart ...........and Tikay as well :).

Havent tuned in for a while but I will tonight, good luck you two.

Ger
  • edited May 2014
    Great Show So Far Guys!!!

Caption: Let's Do the Time Warp Again!!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Caption:

"I was playing Omaha with some fish last night. You should have seem them, one of them was this big"

Good luck Tikay on your forthcoming trip to you-know-where
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Tikay an update on my hi lo progress.....550 games played now and average roi of 20% so your prediction was right :D

We are all missing you on the hi lo tables.

Any update on a hi lo promo?

Ger 
  • edited May 2014
    No, I meant what are the advantages of playing on the Ipad through the "app" than playing on the Ipad through a browser, nothing to do with playing on any other hardware? I can't see anything you can do through the app rather than through the a web browser
  • edited May 2014
    Evening both, nice to see you back Jules :-).

Nice to see Mashed final table, he knocked me out that night. My exit hand as it happened was himself limping AK and i jammed a slightly weaker Ace. He was at it all night, but i won't knock his strategy cause it worked for him. Good on him.

How about this weekend for a weekend of sport Tikay? Lots of great moments, but Johnny Wilkinson farewell game topped it for me. 

Look forward to the rest of the show
  • edited May 2014
    I salute TK leaving to  Vegas at 6am, and still coming on for the show until midnight despite not packing or more importantly IRONING !! #dedication
  • edited May 2014
    First out the roller tonight - enjoy slating me!  See you both soon I hope - hvae a good show.
  • edited May 2014
    ENJOYING THE SHOW AS ALWAYS
    CAPTION...TIKAY BLINDED BY ORFORDS SUPRISE TRIP TO THE CONCRETE CONVENTION
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread ***:
    Good afternoon Jules and Mr Tikay. Would it be possible to mention the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK ON THE 4TH JUNE. Mr Julian Thew is playing and a top class field has already registered. Thank you Mr Tikay for all your help in making this tournament popular. All the best. Rainman397 p.s I would consider it an honour Jules if you could find the time to participate on the 4th June.
    Posted by rainman397
    I'd love to but I fly to Jamaica for my wedding on June 4th! I'll have to play once I'm back! Thanks for asking me :)
  • edited May 2014
    Have a good show both nice to see you back Jules ;o)

Caption:

You put your left arm in, your left arm out, and shake it all about, you do the hokey cokey and you turn around that's what its all about.

Ray.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread ***:
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread *** : I'd love to but I fly to Jamaica for my wedding on June 4th! I'll have to play once I'm back! Thanks for asking me :)
    Posted by Jules_Sowa
    You call that an excuse?!

You need to get your priorities straight, Jules... ;-)

Best wishes and all that.
    (You're not supposed to congratulate the bride, apparently.)
  • edited May 2014
    hi jules and tk good show so far photo cap reason tk is smiling like the cat has got the milk there bulding a new railway station and there are naming it after him
  • edited May 2014
    Caption

Tikay is exasperated as he explains to camera that he is considering sacking his manservant Orford. His ironing skills leave much to be desired it would appear.
  • edited May 2014
    Evening TK. You got my post mixed up with Alex's. Reason i mentioned Wilkinson, his drop goal in world cup one of my favourite sporting moments ever and one of the earliest moments i remember watching. Pleasure to watch growing up, after all I'm only a kid :-)
  • edited May 2014
    Caption:

At the construction site of his new mansion, Sky Poker's Tony Kendall is forced to deny that he's paid more than his colleagues.

I don't have an iPad but, if I did, I'd look forward to playing Sky Poker...

...from the other room. I'm not very adventurous, I'm afraid. :)

Have a great (remainder of the) show.
  • edited May 2014
    Hello love the show as always if I win the caption competition hope I last longer than the last time I won second out what a DISASTER. Well here goes.
    After being kidnapped by Richard Orford and being put in a secure compound Tikay is given a chance by Richard to beg for help so he can be released. But Tikay spent the whole time talking about the concrete being used in the buildings around him.
    Cheers Chris aka Doylebrun.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread *** : You call that an excuse?! You need to get your priorities straight, Jules... ;-) Best wishes and all that. (You're not supposed to congratulate the bride, apparently.)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Haha that made me laugh!! I mean, obviously I'd rather be playing poker but I suppose as I was forced to I'm just gonna HAVE to take 5 weeks off work and lie in the sunshine and get hitched ;) 
  • edited May 2014
    CAPTION:-

Tikay shows off his build a bankroll site
  • edited May 2014
    Caption Competition:

They make concrete in the factory over there
    It's not cement but it's only me that cares
    Love trains & bridges cos I have flair
    Hey Macarana
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: *** Sunday Night Live with Jules & Tikay! *** Show Thread *** : Haha that made me laugh!! I mean, obviously I'd rather be playing poker but I suppose as I was forced to I'm just gonna HAVE to take 5 weeks off work and lie in the sunshine and get hitched ;) 
    Posted by Jules_Sowa
    Unlucky Jules. Every silver lining has a cloud. Try to be brave and make the best of it.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Guys
    "They call me mellow yellow"  

Im guessing Teeks, when he was in construction, is saying   " Jeez Guys I asked for the Sydney Opera house and you give me Sidney James's house"  ;-)  
  • edited May 2014
    Cruel cruel man
    I'm playing through the tears tonight
  • edited May 2014
    evening all

enjoying the show as always...

caption comp......tk does his tommy cooper (crush omaha) just like that 

see u at ukpc (fingers crossed)