You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

usa poker ban

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all currently in USA at the moment but I seem to be able to play on sky poker. Isn't online poker banned here ? Havin said that my willaim acc is banned from over here.

Comments

• edited May 2014
     random guess but possibly cos its in british pounds on sky.
  • edited May 2014
    is it still everywhere though? Ive just watched UFC and there was a poker site on the sponsors which was mentioned at every break.
  • edited May 2014
    Can play online in a couple of states I think. Though believe you have to be a resident of that state.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to usa poker ban:
    Hi all currently in USA at the momentbut I seem to be able to play on sky poker. Isn't online poker banned here ? Havin said that my willaim acc is banned from over here.
    Posted by D_Legend
    Nothing wrong with that as long as you are not a US citizen
  • edited May 2014
    All online poker is illegal in the USA apart from on some state regulated sites in Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware. As mentioned by hh you must actually be in that state at the time to play.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: usa poker ban:
    All online poker is illegal in the USA apart from on some state regulated sites in Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware. As mentioned by hh you must actually be in that state at the time to play.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

gulp I'm in new York at the moment. But I was really weird the will site had a big message telling me site is banned. But sky say nothing was only checking my acc bal on sky but I was able to play.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: usa poker ban:
    is it still everywhere though? Ive just watched UFC and there was a poker site on the sponsors which was mentioned at every break.
    Posted by ShaunyT
     no where to be seen. they do have poker after dark on the cable channels. Funny thing is I was watching the champion league final then watched the news not a mention lool like it never happened.
  • edited May 2014

when this was discussed before i was told you can play online in the states in any state but cannot load cash anywhere.  so it means you can only play with your current balance.