You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Genuine question.

Seriously.. Is this site rigged? I cannot count the number of times that I've been rivered when I'm short stacked. It's almost like at any opportunity, this site tries to knock people out of tournaments to get them over and done with quicker.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    It's not rigged. You play on any of the competing sites and the same thing can occur. It's poker. 

My advice and this is real. It used to bug me out when I was ahead until the river card came then my hand has lost. Best thing you can do is suck it up, blame variance and move on or else it will ruin you for the tourney your in or cash game/dym your playing 

Whilst being on the back of some brutal river cards, I've dished em out to so works hand in hand

Gl
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Genuine question.:
    Seriously.. Is this site rigged? I cannot count the number of times that I've been rivered when I'm short stacked. It's almost like at any opportunity, this site tries to knock people out of tournaments to get them over and done with quicker.
    Posted by Shrewster
    Me neither - it happens in almost every tournament that I play in, regardless of that being this site, another site, or live. Want to know the secret of why this happens - it's called probability!! (and selective memory)

When you are short stacked and get it in ahead you mostly will win. But... if you get it in 3 seperate times in a tournament as a short stack even as a 70% favourite on all 3 occasions then you are going to exit the tournament 34% of the time. And if you get it in another 2 times as a 70% favourite you are still going to exit the tournament 17.5% of the time. The trick is to try and not always be a short stack because it allows you to lose more hands without being knocked out. Whereas if you're a short stack and lose a hand, that's it!

edit: Forgot to mention the selective memory part - you see, you don't tend to remember the times you are short stacked and double up. It might happen twice in a tournament where you were lucky and then the hand that knocked you out was unlucky and you only remember that hand.

• edited May 2014
    I know.. I just had to have a rant because I lost 3 on the trot to the same thing lol! Thanks for the replies, Good luck to you guys.

:)