You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT/cash grinders on sky, cash for points?

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
First of all I would like to say Im not 100% sure if this post is in the correct column.

Any of the semi/pro cash and MTT grinders on sky may be able to help me here. 

any idea's if I was to play 6-8 tournies at stakes £11-20 with the odd £55 4 days a week how much rakeback roughly you'd be able to expect back per month?

Cash.. not a cash player by nature but i see skys reward scheme is generous, I'd be playing 5/10p avg 5/6 hours 4 days a week, if that goes well later moving onto 10/20p.

A little background..
Was running at 30-40% ROI on 888 at avg buyin of $11 over 750 games untill I binked 100k sunday challenge for $10,150, then the next week £1500 return from 2nd in Skys £8k Primo. MTT player however think there may be value in cash games for me.

Im sure there's someone with the math out there who knows better than me, help would be greatly appreciated!
Thankyou for your time
mat93

Comments

• edited May 2014

Sky's a bit different to most other sites in as much there isnt many rake back grinders. Rake back is quite low at 6%/12% on a lowish volume, unless of course you signed up through an affiliate site.
  • edited May 2014
    Well done on the binks, very nice going.

If i was you, i'd play to make money and not worry 2 much about "rake back".
  • edited May 2014
    "rakeback is generous on Sky"

looool, nah mate its by a mile the worst on the net.

From your mtt schedule you'd get about £12/week in bonuses. Promos are worth keeping an eye out for though.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to MTT/cash grinders on sky, cash for points?:
    First of all I would like to say Im not 100% sure if this post is in the correct column. Any of the semi/pro cash and MTT grinders on sky may be able to help me here.  any idea's if I was to play 6-8 tournies at stakes £11-20 with the odd £55 4 days a week how much rakeback roughly you'd be able to expect back per month ? Cash.. not a cash player by nature but i see skys reward scheme is generous, I'd be playing 5/10p avg 5/6 hours 4 days a week, if that goes well later moving onto 10/20p. A little background.. Was running at 30-40% ROI on 888 at avg buyin of $11 over 750 games untill I binked 100k sunday challenge for $10,150, then the next week £1500 return from 2nd in Skys £8k Primo. MTT player however think there may be value in cash games for me. Im sure there's someone with the math out there who knows better than me, help would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou for your time mat93
    Posted by mat93

ur drunk, go home
  • edited May 2014
    ^ irrelevant comment
  • edited May 2014
    Mat, don't worry about a snide comment.

Fwiw, Sky, the commuity, is generally really good/ helpful