You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A bit about me,

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all. I was reading a post from Matt237 last night, giving a few bits of info about himself so thought I'd share a bit about myself with people. Most of you probably don't know me. If you do it's most likely cause you've taken a lot of chips off me in MTT's lol. Well I'm a 40 year old bus driver from Alcester ( near Stratford-upon-Avon). I have a Wife, 5 kids and a mortgage ( listed in order of expense lol). I played poker once in a while with some friends in a pub a few years ago but never took it seriously but around 12 months ago decided to give online ago and tried another site but wasn't too keen. Probably something to do with losing all the time. Around October I started playing on Sky poker and had an e-mail read out on Sky poker tv on the 30th of December and was given free entry to the next nights 5k Turbo Open. To my surprise I finished 3rd and that's when I was hooked. Since then I've had a few min cash finishes and a 3rd place in the 2k mini b.h. I also finished 8th in the 30k UKOPS main event but was moved up to 7th because apparently somebody did something naughty. Still got a lot of improving to do and any advice would be appreciated. I do go on cash tables occasionally but prefer MTT's. I felt my game was improving and started reading some books my wife had bought for me. I thought I could improve some parts of my game but it seems to have knocked me back and I'm a bit worried I've changed my game for the worse. I was close to giving up before I really started but love the game too much. Hopefully I might see some of you at a live event sometime and if your reading this Mr Pokerada, I will get my revenge for you knocking me out the ukpc final with your AK lol. That's all from me, but please be gentle with me at the tables.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi sumner

Welcome to the forum, nice post.
    If you get involved with the community there's plenty of advice to be had. Maybe post some hands in the clinic.
    With regard to poker books, they do age pretty quickly. There is a lot of online stuff that is more up to date. Might be worth having a look at some of those.
    Good luck. Run good
  • edited May 2014
    Nice one

Welcome and like Jac says go and take advantage of anything that is on offer, free advice and resources
  • edited May 2014

You and Matt are more or less neighbours then. Small world I used to live in Studley and went to Alcester Grammar in the 80's.
     Get involved on here and you will enjoy and benefit from it.
     Good Luck and welcome aboard.
  • edited May 2014
    Good sir Trebor i have just finished Alcester Grammar, 7 fantastic years!

Nice post sumner, been great talking at the tables
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: A bit about me,:
    Good sir Trebor i have just finished Alcester Grammar, 7 fantastic years! Nice post sumner, been great talking at the tables
    Posted by Matt237
    Probably changed a fair bit since I was there. Enjoyed my time there, good teachers and a nice atmosphere. Used to get a fair bit of grief from the lads at Studley High. Whereabouts do you live in Studley.
  • edited May 2014
    Warwick close - Behind the Railway pub 5 doors down from darts player Andy Smith
  • edited May 2014
    My sister lives just round the corner on Stapleton Road. Used to deliver newspapers round there. It really is a small world. 
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks for the welcome all and the advice. Forgot to say my name is Mark. See you at the tables