You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV Live on Thursday night with Rich, Ross and special guest Jamie Sykes

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat
We're still alive and we're back for Round 2. Time for some more R & R this Thursday night...

It's Rich and Ross!

With a special guest!

Making his Sky Poker debut is a Sunday Million winner and one of the biggest players in Britain at the midstakes online cash games...

Jamie Sykes! 

And here's what we're doing this time...

7pm- Live Mastercash table coverage 8pm- A countdown of the Top 10 biggest Mastercash hands of the week
 9pm– The Poker Clinic (following my play in this week's Wednesday night rebuy main event and the cash tables) 10pm - Live Mastercash table coverage
11pm-  Live action  from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter main event
And...we're live on Sky Sports 3 from 10 till midnight!

Fire in your questions for our guest Jamie...plus all your usual banter/questions/hand requests either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

-----------------------------------------------------

And here's Ross' question for the show...

With the WSOP just starting over in Vegas every poker player in the land is dreaming of winning a WSOP bracelet. 

But...if you could make it all the way to heads-up in the WSOP Main Event....

Who would be your dream opponent to beat heads-up and why? 

Looking forward to your input and hope you can join us Thursday night from 7!

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Good afternoon Mr Orford(CURRENT £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK  CHAMPION)
    Good afternoon Mr Jarvis(NEXT £2.20 @2.20 CHAMPION)
    Good afternoon Mr Sykes(POTENTIAL £2.20 @2.20 CHAMPION.)
    First of all a big thank you to Mr Jarvis for taking time to play in the £2.20 @2.0 DEEPSTACK.
    I would consider it a great honour if Mr sykes could find the time to participate in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK ON 4TH JUNE.
    Mr Orford use your magic persuasion  skills.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S ITS ALSO GOING TO BE SHOWN ON TV.     
  • edited May 2014
    Great show as always.......

No overpriced sit n gos for thursday... ah well mastercash instead for me, will try and sat the main will not be buying direct for that, but will sit in on the mastercash hours..... wont be sitting at 100nl though ric think ill stick too 20nl for the show.

heads up WSOP.
    Dan negraneu for me, love his attitude at the table, would be fum amd an awsome experience too play against..... plus I think I could take him :)

• edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers guys. 

Looking forward to it!
  • edited May 2014
    Afternoon gentleman, and you too Richard.  

There are so many people who are worthy going heads up with me for the WSOP main.  Channing, Ivey, Razavi and Maxally spring to mind but if I had to choose one person it would have to be Rainman397.  It would be an honour and a privilage to pit my wits against the master of the £2.20 at 2.20.  The rail for that would be amazing too!  If Dustin can't make it then it would have to be my girlfriend, Ineke.  That way we can take home first and second place prize money!   

Run well and have fun everyone
  • edited May 2014
    Have a great show guys! 

I would also love to play HU v Danny Negranu. It's refreshing to see a professional poker player look to have fun, that's why we all love the game after all! And I'm sure he would still give me an autograph once I'd luck boxed my way to victory!

A question for Ross. I'm an MTT player that has this year moved over to cash and is looking to move up levels. I stard at 4nl and I'm now at 10nl and I've managed to make good progress so far. I play about 15 or so hours a week. What would you consider a good buyin profit to be per month? Obviously building my BR to move up is necessary but I want to make sure I'm doing well enough at one level to then move up. Thanks. 
  • edited May 2014
    Good afternoon/evening to the R&R dream team (i started it, don't listen to that lot who jumped on the suck up bandwagon) Also welcome to Jamie

My heads up opponent would be you Rich. As a player who has many min cashes in Mains/Minis and a fellow player who has taken down the £2.20 @ 2.20pm deepstack, I feel we would have an awful lot of experiences to share with each other. Completely ignoring the fact we are playing for big money. Good to rail you last night and i went on to ft the mini. :-)

Have a Mastercash hand request again if it isn't a problem ...  #765720610

Q - Is this the correct way to play against these kind of players? Never really managed these situations in the past very well. Obviously the river was unkind but given 17:1 odds i don't think i can fold
  • edited May 2014
    Great input guys.

Keep it coming!

Jamie will be in from 7 till 10 tonight.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey Rich

If i could play anyone Heads Up in the wsop, it would be you of course!

Naturally you would most likely win, but i would be able to say i lost to the great Rich Orford.

It would be epic and legendary, and i'm sure everyone would here the epic tail main hundreds of times in the forthcoming months.

If you did win, also, you might have to change your name to Richer Orford:)

Edit ; i think this post deserves a prize

Edit 2, nothing 2 big like, WSOP seat would be fine
  • edited May 2014
    Back again like a renegade master! 

Tuesdays show was great fun, hoping we can go even better tonight with the addition of Mr Sykes. I think you'll all like him and he's a top, top player so fire your questions over. 

Good luck online everyone! 
  • edited May 2014
    Hi guys, really oo8king forward to tonights show, as Jamie is a BOSS!
    Looking forward to hearing his analysis.
    I wont be playing tonight as im busto but defo  tuning in for the show

Ps Jamie - Whonis a better player? Jake cody or matt perrins?

I suppose its tricky and like picking whomis better on sky poker, mattbates or tommyd?
  • edited May 2014
    Ok on Tuesday master cash 3 782395078
    I play several tables at once usually, and when he bet out on the river auto called the bet, and felt dirty, is this just too weak? do I lose value here in the long run, obvipusly occasionaly I could be behind. It's the long term what matters. Being wrong this time does not make it wrong, just as being right does not make it right.
  • edited May 2014
    Forgot to answer the question.
    Heads up for the WSOP title
    Well obviously Rich as I would like to win.
    But as the chances of Rich getting there is so remote this is a real dream.
     So more realistically lets go for Doyle Brunson who else.
  • edited May 2014
    Evening guys, looking forward to playing and watching the show later.

Q's for Jamie:- what are the most common mistakes/missteps that are repeatedly made by the weaker regs in the midstakes cash games he plays?

Is table selection still key even when you are one of the better regs or does he happily play anyone?

Is there more money in cash or MTT poker nowadays  or is it best to combine the two??

Cheers, have a great show!!
  • edited May 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford(£2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion)
                        Mr Jarvis(£2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion to be)
                        Mr Sykes(potential £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion).
    Would it be possible to ask Mr Bill Maynard If he is available to play in the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack on the 4th June.
    It would be an honour to have such a famous celebrity take part.
    I remember him as Selwyn Froggit.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    p.s Did you know Mr Maynard got his Surname from Maynards wine gums
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rich and guests.

Would have to play someone i could beat. Maybe my daughter who decided in a house game when her boyfriend, Tom, was TRYING to teach her how to play poker to throw away a pair of aces as they were 'low'...mmmm..Tom has his work cut out!

Think it would be someone who would be happy to chat afterwards so Negreanau fits the bill but ithink hed be most eoples no 1. How about the likes of The Shak who always seems a personable guy.

Q for Ross:

I read articles in Poker Player mag when you were trying to hold your own in MTT's and receiving some 'tuition'. what would you say was the defining piece of the puzzle poker-wise that enabed you to start holding your own? For instance, realising the range of plays you are able to make for various stack sizes....that sort of stuff.
  • edited May 2014
    The dream team returns... how's it going gents. I hope everyone playing the bounty brings their shades... Cause I'm gonna shine and take it down in style. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live on Thursday night with Rich, Ross and special guest Jamie Sykes:
    The dream team returns... Posted by Achille1

Loving the comment - Yes these guys are brilliant entertainment when they r on - and am watching ALREADY! 

• edited May 2014
    Good evening again.
    I have just won an all in sat for the 12k bh, so i have sent the wife out to get me some coconut milk.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK 4TH JUNE
  • edited May 2014
    The dream team?  More like the chuckle brothers.  Mind you, Richard is like one of the chuckle brothers when he plays poker.  It's always too you, too you with his chips :)
  • edited May 2014
    Guys, being very genuine...Really DO enjoy the show when ur on! :)
  • edited May 2014
    I think my ideal opponent to beat heads up would be the Devilfish, that way I could ensure that virtually 100% of the rail would be on my side.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi all

A q for Jamie

I read an article of yours in which you said that at uni you decided to spend your last $200 on a plo tournament which you HARDLY ever played. You managed to win $4000 more through luck than judgement. This seems bordering on the ridiculous and something you would advise people not to do. How are you managing your BR these days and do you still allow yourself to take a pop at something? 
    How long do you see yourself playing poker before doing something else?
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rich
    hope to tune in if I can
    HU WSOP - Doyle Brunson - would like to hear the stories
    other wise Liv Boeree for lots of reasons (relating to poker of course).
    both would make the HU fun I think and whether I'd beat them or not wouldn't be the end of the world.
    actually given how I'm playing at the moment, I wouldn't stand a chance!!

have a good show
  • edited May 2014
    Hi

Have a good show guys - for me it would be Heads up v Teddy the russian, id do just about anything for an orio.

• edited May 2014

Question for Jamie and Ross.

When you started out how quickly did it take you to move up through the stakes and what was the big turning point in your poker career.
  • edited May 2014

great show, so far,

serious question for Jamie,

how long do u play each session? do u have a target to make money wise each game and then stop if u reach that amount? or do u just continue no matter how your session is going up or down, do u allow yourself a certain amount of re-buys if going wrong?

not so serious question for ross.

do u get a sore neck after live shows.. because u nod a lot :) and do u think you will be able too cope with the high standard of play on the £2.20 and live up to high standard of ric?

• edited May 2014

mc 25
    Hand History #782983986was I right too check at the end???? was it the right play????
    card blockers aswell miby?
  • edited May 2014
    Speaking of awful, Jamie did you watch the sky poker cash game and see Ross' set fold?
  • edited May 2014
    Still in the main... Can my prediction of taking it down come true... They don't call me S O G for nothing. I'm more of a live player to be honest. Win live and lose online haha