You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter QUERY

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
I have just played a hand in a bounty hunter;. The hand was opened for a flat 80chips. The small stack had 230, I raised to 160 with pocket Js, hoping for the all in. the small stack shoves and gets 3 callers; When it comes back to me I am not given the option of reraise or all in, just fold or call. Why is this. Of course a Q hits the flop.

Personally I think this stinks.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Because the 230 is not a full raise and there does not re-open the action for raising. It's the same rule applied everywhere.
  • edited June 2014
    what you have expirienced is a thing called an under raise.

this is not something confined to sky poker, it is an actual rule that if the person who went all in had done a shorter reraise that the minimum needed the rest have to now just call.

in this occasion you raised it by 80 chips (1BB) now when he does the jam he has only raised it by 70 chips. the minimum a player would need if he were to reraise in poker is 80chips so therefore this is just classed as a call.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter QUERY:
    what you have expirienced is a thing called an under raise. this is not something confined to sky poker, it is an actual rule that if the person who went all in had done a shorter reraise that the minimum needed the rest have to now just call. in this occasion you raised it by 80 chips (1BB) now when he does the jam he has only raised it by 70 chips. the minimum a player would need if he were to reraise in poker is 80chips so therefore this is just classed as a call.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Thanks guys. Hadn't come across that before.