You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope Question

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
I had checked my Sharkscope yesterday during the day and it stated my total (ahem) profit was -£26. I played a deepie last night and cashed for a £2.09 profit but SS now shows my (ahem) profit as -£27.

Am I missing something here? Is there a formulaic reason I cant fathom why it would go down despite cashing?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Sharkscope Question:
    I had checked my Sharkscope yesterday during the day and it stated my total (ahem) profit was -£26. I played a deepie last night and cashed for a £2.09 profit but SS now shows my (ahem) profit as -£27. Am I missing something here? Is there a formulaic reason I cant fathom why it would go down despite cashing?
    Posted by dabossman
    Hi Boss,

You have to be careful with the Filters & Options when using Sharkscope.

Your results on Sky Poker are shown by Sharkscope in three separate ways, & the filter does not always default to the same one.

In your case, it shows.....

SCHEDULED (these are regular MTT's), loss of £57.41. The £2.09 profit you made in that Deepie yesterday is shown, & included in that. 

SNG's, profit of £30.29

ALL (which is MTT's & SNG's COMBINED) shows a loss of £27.12. This £27.12 loss is an aggregate of your MTT & SNG figures. 

Hope that helps explain it.

I can't explain the maths dicrepancy from the previous day, you'd need to ask Sharkscope about that.

Please note that Sky Poker do NOT give these results to Sharkscope, Sharkscope just take them. As such, Sky Poker hold no responsibility for any errors in info published by Sharkscope.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question:
    In Response to Sharkscope Question : Hi Boss, You have to be careful with the Filters & Options when using Sharkscope. Your results on Sky Poker are shown by Sharkscope in three separate ways, & the filter does not always default to the same one. In your case, it shows..... SCHEDULED (these are regular MTT's), loss of £57.41. The £2.09 profit you made in that Deepie yesterday is shown, & included in that.  SNG's , profit of £30.29 ALL (which is MTT's & SNG's COMBINED) shows a loss of £27.12. This £27.12 loss is an aggregate of your MTT & SNG figures.    Hope that helps explain it. I can't explain the maths dicrepancy from the previous day, you'd need to ask Sharkscope about that. Please note that Sky Poker do NOT give these results to Sharkscope, Sharkscope just take them. As such, Sky Poker hold no responsibility for any errors in info published by Sharkscope.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you very much Mr Kendall, it is a strange one....almost as strange as me being in profit with SnGs lol.

Good luck in vegas and bring one of those shiny bracelet things back with you
  • edited June 2014

Ha! Thank Boss, not much chance of that, but I'll do my very best to play well, & whatever happens, I'll cherish & enjoy every single moment.

I've hit the crossbar twice & the post once so far this trip. Which is code for "spent, $2,200, returns so far $384, send more money". 

;) 
  • edited June 2014
    Sharkscope has always been weird for me - my losses were (wrongly) getting huge so I opted out. Granted, previously I was a losing player on Sky Poker, but since I set up my diary on the community, I have been a winning player (started on £10, now up to £93.60). However for the period when my diary began, according to Sharkscope, I am still a losing player - I really don't understand how that's possible.

@Tikay How do you change between scheduled, SNG and ALL on Sharkscope - I've never seen this option.
  • edited June 2014
    Sharkscope has always been weird for me - my losses were (wrongly) getting huge so I opted out. Granted, previously I was a losing player on Sky Poker, but since I set up my diary on the community, I have been a winning player (started on £10, now up to £93.60). However for the period when my diary began, according to Sharkscope, I am still a losing player - I really don't understand how that's possible. @Tikay How do you change between scheduled, SNG and ALL on Sharkscope - I've never seen this option.
    Posted by peter27
    Hi Peter,

There are 4 "boxes" in a line, left to right....

"SEARCH"

(Enter alias)

Then the Site, in this case Sky Poker. It's a drop down Menu, but will defult to Sky Poker if you usually search that.

And lastly, the 4th box, it probably says "ALL GAMES". That is a "drop down", click that & it gives 2 further options, "SCHEDULED" & "SNG". These report ONLY on those formats. So you can search your Sky Poker Results 3 ways, 2 being specific formats, the third (which you are probably seeing) is combined.

• edited June 2014
    Ha! Thank Boss, not much chance of that, but I'll do my very best to play well, & whatever happens, I'll cherish & enjoy every single moment. I've hit the crossbar twice & the post once so far this trip. Which is code for "spent, $2,200, returns so far $384, send more money".  ;) 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Do you have any other events you are scheduled to play?

If so, a chip, a chair, a chance........and the ultimate brag :)

You might have a hard time convincing Rainman that the bracelet is more prestigious than the £2.20 @ 2.20!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Do you have any other events you are scheduled to play? If so, a chip, a chair, a chance........and the ultimate brag :) You might have a hard time convincing Rainman that the bracelet is more prestigious than the £2.20 @ 2.20!!
    Posted by dabossman
    Yes, loads more yet, including 3 more WSOP Events.

I'll upload my schedule if I can find it.

I'm having a couple of days sightseeing today & tomorrow, & next play on Wednesday, in the $600 PLO @ Venetian.

Tonight, I'm off to watch the local Baseball Team, the 51-ers, play Reno, @ Cashman Field.

Tomorrow, I've hired a car (a convertible, oooh), & am off to Mount Charlston, Creech Air Force Base, Indian Springs, & Furnace Creek, reputedly the hottest place on earth.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Hi Peter, There are 4 "boxes" in a line, left to right.... "SEARCH" (Enter alias) Then the Site, in this case Sky Poker. It's a drop down Menu, but will defult to Sky Poker if you usually search that. And lastly, the 4th box, it probably says "ALL GAMES". That is a "drop down", click that & it gives 2 further options, "SCHEDULED" & "SNG". These report ONLY on those formats. So you can search your Sky Poker Results 3 ways, 2 being specific formats, the third (which you are probably seeing) is combined.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks a lot, very helpful!

Still doesn't really clear up for me why I'm showing a loss for the period during my diary though. I think I'm just going to reset my statistics to be honest.

Good luck in Vegas! :-)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Thanks a lot, very helpful! Still doesn't really clear up for me why I'm showing a loss for the period during my diary though. I think I'm just going to reset my statistics to be honest. Good luck in Vegas! :-)
    Posted by peter27

Hi Peter

Do you play cash?  Sharky does not to my knowedge keep track of that format in the general section - is only as TK said - S&G and MTT

Also - Sharky does not compute your cash reward points and also any freebies you win from the generous Sky team

Also also - if you play a free role - (I never ever rebuy) it always shows as a 3 or 4p loss if do not win / cash?

Finally - my advise if want to look at overall loss / gain is go to "my account" on sky and simply look at total deposits / withdraw's made - that is the most accurate figure

Sharky great to see what games you are cashing more often in and which are your bleeds - also (Use that word a lot) good to give you a general feel for how you are doing in the longer term / designated time frame, but nothing is better in my opinion than keeping a diary.  I personally have a simple spread sheet that display game type, buy in, profit then most importantly - comments on how I feel I played / mistakes I made / sucks out where I got it in bad and should have been eliminated. (Never a bad beat!!)  Doing this recently has completly changed my outlook on poker and absolutly love the game again now!!

anyway - thats enough about my life story haha!!

Hope about a line of that helps :-)

PS - Look forward to the bloggs TK and a massive good luck in Vagas this year!!!!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Hi Peter Do you play cash?  Sharky does not to my knowedge keep track of that format in the general section - is only as TK said - S&G and MTT Also - Sharky does not compute your cash reward points and also any freebies you win from the generous Sky team Also also - if you play a free role - (I never ever rebuy) it always shows as a 3 or 4p loss if do not win / cash? Finally - my advise if want to look at overall loss / gain is go to "my account" on sky and simply look at total deposits / withdraw's made - that is the most accurate figure Sharky great to see what games you are cashing more often in and which are your bleeds - also (Use that word a lot) good to give you a general feel for how you are doing in the longer term / designated time frame, but nothing is better in my opinion than keeping a diary.  I personally have a simple spread sheet that display game type, buy in, profit then most importantly - comments on how I feel I played / mistakes I made / sucks out where I got it in bad and should have been eliminated. (Never a bad beat!!)  Doing this recently has completly changed my outlook on poker and absolutly love the game again now!! anyway - thats enough about my life story haha!! Hope about a line of that helps :-) PS - Look forward to the bloggs TK and a massive good luck in Vagas this year!!!!
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Nope, I do not play cash. I am aware that Sharkscope does not take Sky Poker Rewards or bonuses into consideration, but I still should not be showing a loss - it's very strange. One thing I did realise though is that if I win a seat into a £55 tournament for say £2.20, it counts as a £52.80 net loss when I (inevitably) don't cash :/

I tried to reset my statistics yesterday, however you need to be a subscriber to do that apparently - so I'm just going to keep them hidden.

As for your idea about looking at net deposits, that is also skewed because I'm a regular on SkyBet which interferes with the figure.

I have a spreadsheet myself, but I haven't updated it for a good 100 days haha - purely down to laziness! Thanks for your help though :-)
  • edited June 2014
    1 reason why it sometimes looks worse than it does is because it counts your investment in rebuys on a calculation
    of Total prize pool / Entrants

If you didn't rebuy or add on it can make your result seem worse.
    If you bought in 20 times it might make you look like less of an idiot.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Nope, I do not play cash. I am aware that Sharkscope does not take Sky Poker Rewards or bonuses into consideration, but I still should not be showing a loss - it's very strange. One thing I did realise though is that if I win a seat into a £55 tournament for say £2.20, it counts as a £52.80 net loss when I (inevitably) don't cash :/ I tried to reset my statistics yesterday, however you need to be a subscriber to do that apparently - so I'm just going to keep them hidden. As for your idea about looking at net deposits, that is also skewed because I'm a regular on SkyBet which interferes with the figure. I have a spreadsheet myself, but I haven't updated it for a good 100 days haha - purely down to laziness! Thanks for your help though :-)
    Posted by peter27
    Don't think this is correct. If you won a Roller seat from an all in sat, you'll be plus £107. Should you bust before the money, then it knocks off £110, leaving you a £3 deficit made up from the all in sat.

Not sure if/how they calculate winning free seats etc. I got entry into the UKPC semi worth £48 for winning a last longer recently, didn't qualify for the final so assume it shows as a £48 loss on scope.

Can't imagine Sharkscope will ever be fully accurate.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Peter/Mr H

Sharkscope can be inaccurate e.g.

I played a £6 sat for the roller a couple of weeks ago and won, but I regged for the roller and took the money.
    This did not show up on scope.

When double gtd week was happening I won a seat on a Saturday night for the primo the next day, but regged for the primo and took the cash instead.
    This also didn't show on scope.

The freerolls for seats on sky don't show at all on scope eg the mini one at 5.

Also if sky give u a seat through a competition scope thinks you automatically paid in. So really my scope could be much better but I don't really care. I just find it useful keeping track of results in DYMs

Peter I wouldn't reset my stats if I were you. I was in the same boat as you around 8 months ago. But I read a lot of acticles online and a few books and this has really helped me

The greatest feeling is when your red line turns GREEN.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope Question : Don't think this is correct. If you won a Roller seat from an all in sat, you'll be plus £107. Should you bust before the money, then it knocks off £110, leaving you a £3 deficit made up from the all in sat. Not sure if/how they calculate winning free seats etc. I got entry into the UKPC semi worth £48 for winning a last longer recently, didn't qualify for the final so assume it shows as a £48 loss on scope. Can't imagine Sharkscope will ever be fully accurate.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    See these people with their poor attempts at subliminal brag posts :)