You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition)

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
This is a completely self indulgent post but also makes sense in my opinion, wouldnt it be best to show the UKPC sitngo final at 9pm considering it was meant to be shown sunday and as i was playing i can tell you in contained a lot of good hands as well.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    After a brief hiatus- get well soon Anna- we're back with another live show this Tuesday night on Sky Poker TV!

Returning to your screens- for some more R & R- it's Rich and Ross!

And here's the plan as it stands...

7pm- Final table coverage of Sunday's £20K Summer Roller Main Event. 8pm- Live action from the start of the £5K Turbo Open main event.
     9pm– Live coverage from a Sky Poker sit n' go from beginning to end (we'll pick a random one one tonight- sit on one with a TV icon and it could be yours!)
     10pm - Live Master Cash action
    11pm-  Live action and probably a winner from the late stages of the £5K Turbo Open

Yes, play in the £5K GTD Main Event this Tuesday night and have the added experience of watching the other tables play out on telly, and perhaps even your own.

If you send us a hand i.d. number and we like it- we'll show it. It has to be one of the TV tables though- so if it's in the main make sure you get it into us early in the second hour and if it's cash, look out for it from 10pm. Oh, and for best results make sure it's one that has a good talking point to it.

Fire in all your usual banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And don't forget the Last Longer competition! Playing in the main event? Tell us on this thread that you want in on the last longer and the player that goes deepest out of those who enter will win a UKPC semi seat for tomorrow night (worth £48). Note that this prize is non-transferable, so if you can't play the prize then don't play the competition! 

-----------------------------------------------------

So, as promised on our last show together, this week Ross and I attempt to come up with the four most iconic poker players, to create our very own...

Poker Mount Rushmore

You can take this as seriously as you wish- but who do you think are the four faces which would best sum up the whole history of poker?

I think I'd probably go

Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar, Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan

If I was going to stick a extra 5th face on there for comedy though- I'd go Tikay. Probably before Doyle Brunson to represent an even more bygone era. Plus of course, not much sculpting required as he already has a craggy old face. Bonus.

Your own suggestions please!

Look forward to your answers and see you Tuesday night at 7 for five hours of pokertainment!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIve on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition):
    This is a completely self indulgent post but also makes sense in my opinion, wouldnt it be best to show the UKPC sitngo final at 9pm considering it was meant to be shown sunday and as i was playing i can tell you in contained a lot of good hands as well.
    Posted by jordz16
    Hi Jordz, there's every chance it might be shown. I haven't received the final running order from the production team yet so watch this space, as they say.

:-)
  • edited June 2014
    Yeah, it's a decent show thread... I suppose...

After the 'success' of my effort on Sunday, I might start up a rival thread in the style of Channel 4's alternative Queen's speech... Probably won't bother, though. I'm quite lazy.

They say variety is the spice of life. Sky Poker TV hasn't been very spicy lately. Maybe you guys should change things up a bit for this show. How do you feel about gorilla suits?

Have a great show chaps.
  • edited June 2014

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIve on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition):
    Yeah, it's a decent show thread... I suppose... After the 'success' of my effort on Sunday, I might start up a rival thread in the style of Channel 4's alternative Queen's speech... Probably won't bother, though. I'm quite lazy. They say variety is the spice of life. Sky Poker TV hasn't been very spicy lately. Maybe you guys should change things up a bit for this show. How do you feel about gorilla suits? Have a great show chaps.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Thanks Borin and lol at the alternative thread at the weekend!

Must have taken you ages to write all that.

Then again, thanks to the wonderful function of 'Copy and Paste (and then vandalise) Orford's epic masterpieces', it might have taken you no more than a couple of minutes. Hard to tell.

Nice work though. Made me laugh :-)

• edited June 2014
    Oooo, just realised I've broken the 5000 post barrier.

At least two of those were quite good as well. I'd skip the rest.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIve on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition) : Thanks Borin and lol at the altern ati ve thread a t t he weekend ! Must have taken you ages to write all that. Then again, thanks to the wonderful function of 'Copy and Paste (and then vandalise) Orford's epic masterpieces', it might have taken you no more than a couple of minutes. Hard to tell. Nice work though. Made me laugh :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Funny you should say it was similar to one of yours - I was going for banal. I struggled to fill it out with inane drivel, but I was quite pleased with Pinkmond Lee. Channelling my inner Orford, obviously. :-D

Only kidding, of course. Your threads are always very good.

Do you get a cake for 5000 forum posts?
  • edited June 2014
    OK, Mount Rushmore of Poker.

Doyle is a given - simply a legend
    Stu Unger sounds like a decent choice two, something to represent the seedy side of the game's history

Now here's where it gets different

Phil Hellmuth - love him, hate him, you can't ignore 13 bracelets, 49 final tables and 101 cashes at the WSOP.
    and finally Vanessa Selbst to represent the modern era - potentially the best tournament player around today

and yes that does mean leaving out Phil Ivey AND Ross Jarvis. Controversial or what?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition):
    OK, Mount Rushmore of Poker. Doyle is a given - simply a legend Stu Unger sounds like a decent choice two, something to represent the seedy side of the game's history Now here's where it gets different Phil Hellmuth - love him, hate him, you can't ignore 13 bracelets, 49 final tables and 101 cashes at the WSOP. and finally Vanessa Selbst to represent the modern era - potentially the best tournament player around today and yes that does mean leaving out Phil Ivey AND Ross Jarvis. Controversial or what?
    Posted by FCHD
    Like!
  • edited June 2014
    Hi There Richard,Just wanted to say thank you for the fun over the years,i must have been a pain of a paige at times,i just would like to say bye to everyone and thank you all for putting up with me,i no longer find poker fun so it will be better for me to leave after the top of the posts tourney on the 3rd of june,i wish you and all the skypoker team well, love paige xxx
  • edited June 2014
    Great show!!!! Well will be anyway with the dynamic duo.

Last longer pls.

Mount rushmore.....

Dan negraneu - one of the best personalites and a fantastic reader of the game and such a happy person on and of the felt. 
    Phil hellmuth -  another great player and again a diffrent personality too the game all   together.
    dwyte pilgrem- just a player I love too watch very entertaining and cocky at the table but a difffent person alltogether off the table ( check my daily link love this guy)
    Phil ivey- well no need to explain why his face would be there.

Shame theres only 4 id have so many more.......
    I know ive went for some common names  but it is the mount rushmore and these guys are the kings of the game, also based on the diffrent personalites of these players,  what a life it would be. 
  • edited June 2014
    Last longer please :)
  • edited June 2014

last longer please

• edited June 2014
    Last longer please.
  • edited June 2014
    Great show so far guys. Greg is getting better with every show!!!

Has to be Doyle Brunson, Stu Ungar, Phil Hellmuth & Phil Ivey.
  • edited June 2014
    Good afternoon  Mr Orford(current £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion)
    Good afternoon mr Jarvis(next £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion)
    Would it be possible to thank everyone for helping promote this tournament. And Mr Orford i would really appreciate your joining this tournament, as without you would be like Brasil not being in the World CUP.
    All the best
    Rainman397
     P.s Any news on Mrs Fowler, hope she is on the mend.
  • edited June 2014
    in for the last longer please
  • edited June 2014
    good evening R and R.........hmmm  the rolls royce of poker/tv :)

last longer please

four faces......

doyle...of course...without him no poker

helmuth......makes tv poker even better to watch  rant rant rant

boatman.....for the big live uk poker scene

tricket.........for the internet poker

have a great show
  • edited June 2014
    Hello chaps! 

Round 3 tonight! Looking forward to it as always. Good show topic too - even if it was my idea... - I'll have a good think before 7pm on my picks. 

Oooh, one bit of bad news, specifically for Rainman397. I now can't play the £2.20 deepstack tomorrow as I've scheduled an interview for that same time which i can't get out of! Sorry about that - I'll make sure to get involved when I'm back from Vegas! 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross (and the Last Longer Competition):
    Hello chaps!  Round 3 tonight! Looking forward to it as always. Good show topic too - even if it was my idea... - I'll have a good think before 7pm on my picks.  Oooh, one bit of bad news, specifically for Rainman397. I now can't play the £2.20 deepstack tomorrow as I've scheduled an interview for that same time which i can't get out of! Sorry about that - I'll make sure to get involved when I'm back from Vegas! 
    Posted by MrStarch1
    Good afternoon Mr Jarvis.
    Sorry to hear you cannot play tomorrow, but i do understand. Would it be possible to badger Mr Orford to take your
    place.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited June 2014
    Last Longer please :)
  • edited June 2014

(SKY)Poker Mount Rushmore....

Here is my Sky Poker players alternative....in no particular order...

DANTB10      -  Sky Poker's Total Player
    DOLLIE         -  A Sky Poker Tour ambassador in my eyes
    RAINMAN397 -  A Sky Poker Deepstack promoter extraordinare 
    LOLUFOLD    -  Put Sky Poker on the world map in the WSOP

• edited June 2014
    Hey guys

Looking forward to the show this evening!

Got a hand request from a sng tv table 784457033 - I am ok with how I played it but think opponents could of perhaps got me off this.

Last longer please :)

See you at 7
  • edited June 2014
    LLLLLLLLLLLLLL Plz.
  • edited June 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited June 2014
    A slight twist.

Mount Scafell Pike.

Sam Trickett : A class above.

Dave Ulliott : A bad boy image and one of the players responsible for the rise of poker in the UK and second in live earnings (England) with over $6m.

Julian Thew : Love this guys attitude to the game and with nearly $3m earnings one of the best English players around.

Victoria Coren Mitchell : Was close between Liv and Vicky but Vicky just pips her for me nearly $2.5m earnings and 2 EPT wins 1st person to achieve it.

Have a good show guys.

Ray
  • edited June 2014
    last longer please
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Rich

Are you showing any play from the Top of the Posts comp tonight?

Cheers
  • edited June 2014
    Poker Mount Rushmore...

Wouldn't be too different to the legendary Mr Orford - Brunson, Ungar, Hellmuth, Dwan best represent the history of poker for me, though maybe a woman should be included too (controversial I know lol), what about Barbara Enright?
  • edited June 2014
    in for the last longererer please
  • edited June 2014
    LL plz

Mount Rushmore......

Brunson

Negreanu

Helmuth
    &
    Last one I can't remember...is it just heads on Mount Rushmore or from waist up?

Former = Selbst

Latter = Tilly

Have a good show guys