You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT? UKPC Mini 7th-10th August

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
yo!

Is essentially an SPT over the first weekend of UKPC.

Are we going to see a large turnout from Sky players who would normally attend an SPT.

Also will Sky be running Sats for the mini ?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    I am 100% goibg to try get ibto this, even if have to buy in !! 
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2014
    No to satellites on Sky at the current time, apart from the main event.

Yes to satellites on DTD, as they allow a satellite win to be split into different UKPC tournaments

see http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424

Its definitely the intention that the Mini UKPC should appeal to SPT regulars, should be a great social tournament
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SPT? UKPC Mini 7th-10th August:
    No to satellites on Sky at the current time, apart from the main event. Yes to satellites on DTD, as they allow a satellite win to be split into different UKPC tournaments see http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424 Its definitely the intention that the Mini UKPC should appeal to SPT regulars, should be a great social tournament
    Posted by SPT
    This is not at all aimed at you Rich, but if the above is the case, there HAS to be satellites available on Sky.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SPT? UKPC Mini 7th-10th August:
    In Response to Re: SPT? UKPC Mini 7th-10th August : This is not at all aimed at you Rich, but if the above is the case, there HAS to be satellites available on Sky.
    Posted by Slykllist
    +1
  • edited June 2014
    No point Sky bleating on about how they still want to look after low level players who would normally play £5-£15 MTT's and try and sat into SPT events.

Now they have a mini UKPC MTT, which is a nod to look after SPTr's - but they are not going run sats.

Everyone knows SPT's are now dead so come on Sky, DO SOME SATS FOR THE UKPC MINI.
    At least at some point nearer the time, so not to distract from the main event.

• edited June 2014

Hi Guys,

They may, or may not, do Satellites for the UKPC Mini.

However, their first priority is to shift seats for the Main Event. If & when they feel they have achieved the targets for that Event, it's possible they may run Sats to the Mini.

There are still over 2 months to go to the UKPC 6-Max Festival, so time enough, if the Main Event targets are hit, to review the position.  
  • edited June 2014
    The trouble is that the satellites aren't shifting the number of seats in the main they're supposed to - there's too  many "qualifiers" who already have a seat so that's satellite money not being taken forward in to the live event (and I stress again as I did in another thread, people are entitled to do just that, if I had the bankroll and the requisite skill the way the sats are set up I would probably do the same thing).