You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who says online poker isn't rigged?

This beauty says it all:

Hand History #784733693 (22:13 03/06/2014)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rickriversSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.52
ROBERTF96Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.16
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

gra90Call £0.04£0.10£3.66
UridiumRaise £0.16£0.26£3.90
AdephonFold    
Toogood8Fold    
rickriversFold    
ROBERTF96Fold    
gra90Raise £0.24£0.50£3.42
UridiumAll-in £3.90£4.40£0.00
gra90All-in £3.42£7.82£0.00
UridiumUnmatched bet £0.36£7.46£0.36
gra90Show
  • A
  • A

UridiumShow
  • K
  • K

Flop

• K
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

River

• A

gra90WinFull House, Aces and Queens£6.90 £6.90

Comments

• edited June 2014
    what the best hand winning? i dont understand the complaint or are you just another one that wants poker to not have a river card?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged?:
    what the best hand winning? i dont understand the complaint or are you just another one that wants poker to not have a river card?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    There is not much for anyone to understand, I was hoping for some kind of sage advice like as played  I was only going to get called by aces (at worse queens or AK which isn't very many combinations) after going all for a full stack with kings in a 2p/4p micro game.
  • edited June 2014

Haha

So nice to see that the guy has come to the conclusion that the site is rigged based on one hand!  

My advise to you Sir - watch some you tube on EPT / Any main event and you will see how unfair poker can be!!

PS - would you of posted the hand if you KKK won and beat the AA??

• edited June 2014
    Haha So nice to see that the guy has come to the conclusion that the site is rigged based on one hand!   My advise to you Sir - watch some you tube on EPT / Any main event and you will see how unfair poker can be!! PS - would you of posted the hand if you KKK won and beat the AA??
    Posted by Nuggy962

If someone had Queens I would have closed my account - lol

• edited June 2014

I don't think I'd ever recover from having a flopped FH beaten on the river.

• edited June 2014
    The best hand won, move on.
  • edited June 2014
    I don't think I'd ever recover from having a flopped FH beaten on the river.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Me neither, far too traumatising
  • edited June 2014
    the best hand won like it should do. AA is better than KK.

clwons like yourself usually would be posting hands where it was F-A Q Q T-K and R-K

go back and watch them pigs fly.
  • edited June 2014
    the best hand won like it should do. AA is better than KK. clwons like yourself usually would be posting hands where it was F-A Q Q T-K and R-K go back and watch them pigs fly.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Whats with the slating again?? surely this guy is entilted to his opinion right? ofc it is not rigged but I dont see why you guys all jump on the band wagon and show total disrespect to a guy who is probs a little p***** he has just been on the wrong side of a sick cooler.. are we not aloud to vent nowerdays??
  • edited June 2014
    +1 k8 i think the regular posters need to show some respect to others we arent all amazing at poker and no all the stats posting sarcastic comments doesnt help so i would like to say just show a little more respect for people who post things.

Kerrnal
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : Whats with the slating again?? surely this guy is entilted to his opinion right? ofc it is not rigged but I dont see why you guys all jump on the band wagon and show total disrespect to a guy who is probs a little p***** he has just been on the wrong side of a sick cooler.. are we not aloud to vent nowerdays??
    Posted by K8LOU
    People are allowed to moan but when someone says something completely stupud/absurd in real life we will often make 'light fun' of them. So why should it be any different on a forum? If someone posts here and is genuinely confused and thinks they always lose I will explain variance etc to them but when someone just opens with "who says online poker isn't rigged?" and posts a hand where they get outdrawn then they should expect some sarcastic responses.

Although there's a difference between a sarcastic response and just an insult (craig calling him a clown) - which there is really no need for.
  • edited June 2014
    Its easy for people to resort to abuse sat behind their username from the safety of their computer. You see it all the time in the chat box. Best just ignored.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : People are allowed to moan but when someone says something completely stupud/absurd in real life we will often make 'light fun' of them. So why should it be any different on a forum? If someone posts here and is genuinely confused and thinks they always lose I will explain variance etc to them but when someone just opens with "who says online poker isn't rigged?" and posts a hand where they get outdrawn then they should expect some sarcastic responses. Although there's a difference between a sarcastic response and just an insult (craig calling him a clown) - which there is really no need for.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

The thing is there is a difference between sarcism (which I still don't agree with as it will stop people posting in future for advice ect) and downright belittling people! Im sure you would of never called him a clown face to face you small man! I have been known for a rant in the chatbox when I first started out, purely through tilt but I have ALWAYS apolagised as its wrong!
  • edited June 2014
    If people go through their entire life and the worst insult they ever receive is being called a clown then they haven't done bad!!!

MAN UP
  • edited June 2014
    If people go through their entire life and the worst insult they ever receive is being called a clown then they haven't done bad!!! MAN UP
    Posted by waller02
    Yeah.

In a recent episode of Cronicnation Street Liz called Peter "a jellyfish". Now that's serious, much more so than 'clown'!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : The thing is there is a difference between sarcism (which I still don't agree with as it will stop people posting in future for advice ect) and downright belittling people! Im sure you would of never called him a clown face to face you small man! I have been known for a rant in the chatbox when I first started out, purely through tilt but I have ALWAYS apolagised as its wrong!
    Posted by K8LOU
    K8lou

Firstly, you got the wrong man :)
    It wasn't Ivan who called him a clown. It was Craig and it was clearly not good. Craig's been on the receiving end of it before and I went after the guy who was insulting him. It's a shame Craig let himself down with this one.
    You may be referring to me? When you say we shouldn't be sarcastic. You might well be right but in all fairness it gets a little boring when people come on here and after losing one hand, claim the site is fixed. The original poster wasn't seeking advice on how to play, he was making a statement that simply isn't true.
  • edited June 2014
    People can either come looking for genuine help, or make ridiculous sweeping generalisations that don't have an ounce of truth.

The former will be met with helpful responses, the latter will be not.
  • edited June 2014
    People can either come looking for genuine help, or make ridiculous sweeping generalisations that don't have an ounce of truth. The former will be met with helpful responses, the latter will be not.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    As a past ranter I have to say that the sarcastic comments was the first step to me taking a long hard look at myself and realise what I was doing was childish and made not one iota difference to my game!

If people like this OP start a discussion just slatting the operating system then surely a funny sarcastic response is the just response?  I agree - abuse is very different and if nothing polite to say then say nothing - but some posts (I wrote a fair few myself) are just trying to put a nrgative stigma on Sky - so if regular members want to stick up for them I say fair play if done in the correct way.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : Yeah. In a recent episode of Cronicnation Street Liz called Peter "a jellyfish". Now that's serious, much more so than 'clown'!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Cronicnation Street!! Now thats funny.
  • edited June 2014

Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged?

posted at 5/6/2014 8:28 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 17/6/2012
    Last: 5/6/2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged?:
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : The thing is there is a difference between sarcism (which I still don't agree with as it will stop people posting in future for advice ect) and downright belittling people! Im sure you would of never called him a clown face to face you small man! I have been known for a rant in the chatbox when I first started out, purely through tilt but I have ALWAYS apolagised as its wrong!
    Posted by K8LOU

K8lou

Firstly, you got the wrong man :)
    It wasn't Ivan who called him a clown. It was Craig and it was clearly not good. Craig's been on the receiving end of it before and I went after the guy who was insulting him. It's a shame Craig let himself down with this one.
    You may be referring to me? When you say we shouldn't be sarcastic. You might well be right but in all fairness it gets a little boring when people come on here and after losing one hand, claim the site is fixed. The original poster wasn't seeking advice on how to play, he was making a statement that simply isn't true.

Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged?

posted at 5/6/2014 10:17 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 12/5/2013
    Last: 5/6/2014
    People can either come looking for genuine help, or make ridiculous sweeping generalisations that don't have an ounce of truth.

The former will be met with helpful responses, the latter will be not.

Yous two really are joined at the hip,aren't yous....
  • edited June 2014
    Igy, have you ever, you know, actually played a game on Sky poker before? As in, sit down at a table with tournament or cash chips and been dealt into a few hands?

Curiosity.
  • edited June 2014
    the best hand won like it should do. AA is better than KK. clwons like yourself usually would be posting hands where it was F-A Q Q T-K and R-K go back and watch them pigs fly.
    Posted by craigcu12

I'm not sure what the point of a BBV forum is if people who post threads just get called idiots (clowns). Also if cash Hold'em was all about who has the best preflop hand then there wouldn't be much point in the game.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Who says online poker isn't rigged? : I'm not sure what the point of a BBV forum is if people who post threads just get called idiots (clowns). Also if cash Hold'em was all about who has the best preflop hand then there wouldn't be much point in the game.
    Posted by Uridium
    I think he was just having a special moment.