You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No live show?

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Sorry, just seen why on twitter. Delete pls.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    We don't all have twitter.
  • edited June 2014
    I think Sky wants us all to have Twitter or Faceache with the latest promotion being only for those users.

I'm quite happy in my cave :-)
  • edited June 2014
    no tv tonight  guys, there recording a world cup special.
    which can be seen tomorrow @9pm
    Regards Alan
  • edited June 2014

remember the time when sky said that the forum would not feature in the programme content?  all responses/entries had to be via FB or Twitter.  it lasted for a short while and contributions to the show dropped.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show?:
    We don't all have twitter.
    Posted by -Dino66-
    It's just a website you can look at, same as BBC News or Planet Darts. Or the pawn.
    Dunno why people make out like it's some kind of special thing!

• edited June 2014
    remember the time when sky said that the forum would not feature in the programme content?  all responses/entries had to be via FB or Twitter.  it lasted for a short while and contributions to the show dropped.
    Posted by aussie09
    +1
  • edited June 2014
    I think Sky wants us all to have Twitter or Faceache with the latest promotion being only for those users. I'm quite happy in my cave :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    + 1, loathe em both for valid personal reasons, I could go on and on about the yoof of today leading virtual lives instead of getting out and playin footy n stuff,no wonder we don't stand much chance in forthcoming World Cup..now if there was a virtual World Cup I'm sure we would walk it,but I digress ..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show? : It's just a website you can look at, same as BBC News or Planet Darts. Or the pawn. Dunno why people make out like it's some kind of special thing!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    If i want the news i'll look on the news websites.
    If i want info on Sky poker i would expect to see it on the Skypoker forum.

What is this pawn u talk of? Chess related?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show? : If i want the news i'll look on the news websites. If i want info on Sky poker i would expect to see it on the Skypoker forum. What is this pawn u talk of? Chess related?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Indeed, same here, but saying "I don't have twitter" is like saying "I don't have the BBC news website"...
  • edited June 2014
    I don't have the BBC news website

• edited June 2014

Apologies all.

Generally, I'd have mentioned this on the Community, but I'm over in Vegas, & it slipped my mind. It really should have been Posted here earlier, sorry.  

There is no Live Show tonight, as they are doing a "World Cup Betting Preview" Show instead, tomorrow (Friday) evening, with Sean Boyce, Neil "Lord Grumpy" Channing & Tony Cascarino.

The nornal Live Show schedule will resume on Sunday.
  • edited June 2014
    I don't have the BBC news website
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Realised after I wrote that, there may be a problem for some people, but all you need to do is call your internet service provider and ask them to add BBC News to your package. You'll also get access to the high-res version if you subscribe to internet HD.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show? : + 1, loathe em both for valid personal reasons, I could go on and on about the yoof of today leading virtual lives instead of getting out and playin footy n stuff,no wonder we don't stand much chance in forthcoming World Cup..now if there was a virtual World Cup I'm sure we would walk it,but I digress ..
    Posted by tomgoodun
    We used to play football every night when we were younger, during the day too in the holidays. The 2 same pitches close to me are always deserted apart from people walking their dogs. You very rarely seek kids playing football. Quite depressing really.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show? : Indeed, same here, but saying "I don't have twitter" is like saying "I don't have the BBC news website"...
    Posted by NoseyBonk

So you are saying that if I type twitter into google I will get news about the sky site the same as if I type in BBC News I get BBCNews

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: No live show? : So you are saying that if I type twitter into google I will get news about the sky site the same as if I type in BBC News I get BBCNews
    Posted by -Dino66-
    Pretty much, yeah, although you don't need to involve Google - just go to twitter's website at www.twitter.com
    One tiny extra step - once on www.twitter.com just put Sky Poker in the search box at the top and you'll see their account and all their twits.

My point was you only need to be 'on' the site by actually going to it. No need to join up or anything special. Facebook is different as you really have to join up to use it properly, although this is a task that only takes a minute and doesn't commit you to 'getting involved' in anything other than reading, if that's all you want.