You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sick spot

edited June 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Interesting turn decision, what would you do?

The re-jammer is a decent enough reg

dogcharlieSmall blind £0.10£0.10£22.83DonttelmumBig blind £0.20£0.30£32.83 Your hole cards44   WHITEADDERFold    LARSON7Raise £0.60£0.90£23.26lewisCall £0.60£1.50£13.41xRaise £2.40£3.90£42.62dogcharlieFold    DonttelmumFold    LARSON7Call £1.80£5.70£21.46lewisCall £1.80£7.50£11.61Flop  7410   LARSON7Check    lBet £6.20£13.70£5.41xCall £6.20£19.90£36.42LARSON7Call £6.20£26.10£15.26Turn  K   LARSON7Check    lewisAll-in £5.41£31.51£0.00xAll-in £36. 

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Hi Footsie,

It's such a dry board

i doubt he's 3 betting light here reflop.

With the flop action AK is very unikely here.

His range here is Tens Kings or Aces, really can't see him having much else here given the board texture.
  • edited June 2014
    Snap fold pre to the 3bet ainec.

We should call the turn imo, even more reason not to peel pre if we're not happy getting in a set on this runout.
  • edited June 2014
    Pretty big leak your call pre Henrik.
  • edited June 2014
    It's pretty close pre, don't mind a call or a fold.
  • edited June 2014
    Pre is not a massive mistake if your pretty sure it's gonna go 3-way to the flop. Folding is still best though.

Turn is a snap call. Btn could easily be isolating the weaker players small shove with a way wider range than your suggesting. Your only losing to KK, 10's generally flat pre-flop.  

• edited June 2014
    That is a snap call im lovin that shove thats what you want!!!!

snap snap snap
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sick spot:
    That is a snap call im lovin that shove thats what you want!!!! snap snap snap
    Posted by alex1229
    lol nah we want him just 2 call, and we can just jam. 

When he re-jams on this board, this really dry board your heart just sinks with your set of 4s haha

I felt i was beat (when he jams), but  had 2 call

He had 10, 10.
  • edited June 2014
    I don't think pre is close tbh, I think it's a clear fold.

We only flop a set like 1in9 times. If we're calling £1.80 to flop a set, to win 9x that is £16.20, lewis only has 60xBB at the start of the hand too so implied odds there are bad. We need to win alot more than 9x the call though to counter the times we hit our set and don't get paid, or flop our set and still have the 2nd best hand etc, so we wanna be winning like 15x the £1.80 call quite often which is £27 which means we need to be stacking the 3bettor alot... and if we're scared to stack off V that 3bettor on this runout then set-mining has to be bad imo.

Once we've called pre tho, we can't fold.
  • edited June 2014
    Well, we are looking at 15:1 against the 3-bettor in combined odds. Obviously the third player in the hand complicates matters because it means the 3-bettor is a little less likely to stack off with just one-pair type hands post-flop. On the other hand, if they come along we're looking at slightly better value on the call pre-flop.

It has to be said that the chance of flopping a set is 11.75% - about 7.5:1 - so break even is 13.50 here. Not that we can afford to set mine for anywhere near that little. There's £26.90 (at least) to play for against the 3-bettor, though.

Being OOP is going to be a pretty big problem but I think it's just about fine to set-mine here. It certainly isn't a clear fold. It would be nice to know that the villain isn't capable of being light in this situation.
  • edited June 2014
    Depends on dynamics. If you've been opening a lot and shortie has been calling a lot I just get the feeling the buttons 3 bet iso value range is going to include to many hands where you're not really getting the implied odds.
  • edited June 2014
    If you're gonna play 44 this way then it would be criminal not to get stacked here.

Check calling that flop also gives your hand up somewhat.
  • edited June 2014
    Did you river a 4?
  • edited June 2014
    call. pre is a fold because of one of the guys stack sizes. if both were 100bb+ then it would be reasonable
  • edited June 2014
    Snap fold pre, snap call the turn, even though you wont be loving it and would be behind 50% of the time, i think you still have to go with it after hitting that flop