You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Priority - June and July

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Thought I'd let you guys know what the Priority plans are for June and July.

This month, we're running the Priority World Cup. There's an actual trophy up for grabs, along with tournament entries and cash prizes. This promotion will start on the 12th June. Full details will follow within the next few days so keep an eye on your emails!

In July, we'll be giving you the oppertunity to represent Sky Poker at the UKPC in August. We have 10 spaces available, and they'll all be going to Priority players. (There's plenty of time to get yourself into Priority to ensure you get a chance at a spot in the team). Once again, full details will follow closer to the time.

JP

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Sounds good. As it's for the World Cup which is a KO comp (after the groups), would have been good to do the promo as a (freeroll) HU SnG style tournament like the KO stages of the World Cup... I dunno maybe that's what you already got in mind :p 

Be a nice change from the regular freeroll MTT style promos.

For the July promo.... does that mean if you already have a UKPC seat you'll be excluded from the promo? Hope I'm still in with a shout of being involved... I still got my Sky Poker shirt from the last TSP ;)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Priority - June and July:
    Sounds good. As it's for the World Cup which is a KO comp (after the groups), would have been good to do the promo as a (freeroll) HU SnG style tournament like the KO stages of the World Cup... I dunno maybe that's what you already got in mind :p  Be a nice change from the regular freeroll MTT style promos. For the July promo.... does that mean if you already have a UKPC seat you'll be excluded from the promo? Hope I'm still in with a shout of being involved... I still got my Sky Poker shirt from the last TSP ;)
    Posted by Lambert180

great, sounds like a good promotion.

paul, it's unfair to exclude people who have paid, played and earned their seat.  for those who have previously won this as a prize then to award a second prize to them might be silly.  although, of course, this is not the same prize.  this is representing skypoker and neither you nor i would want to be excluded.

i will now be trying to earn enough points for priority next month.

• edited June 2014
    sounds good I better get move on hardly played this month :)

Also JP you get my email?
  • edited June 2014
    Yeah I agree it wouldn't be fair, I'm sure they'll have something lined up, I just wanna check what it is.

As I've already got a seat I'll settle for £500 + repping Sky :p ... Saves Sky £500 :)
  • edited June 2014
    You've got it spot on Lambert.

If someone already has a seat for the UKPC, we'll be awarding cash, (amount yet to be confirmed), along with the spot in TSP.

There will be a few other benefits from being in TSP aswell. Details will follow.

The first TSP spot will be given away in the Priority World Cup final.
  • edited June 2014
    Shame that 1 of the 10 spots won't be open to other players. I would have thought that even the priority membes wouldn't have objected to a 9-1 split
  • edited June 2014
    Shame that 1 of the 10 spots won't be open to other players. I would have thought that even the priority membes wouldn't have objected to a 9-1 split
    Posted by FCHD
    From how I read it, this is available to everyone. If you make priority this month than it will be open to you as well. From a personal perspective it won't be any good for me as I'm unlikely to make priority this month. I don't begrudge the people who put the hours in and get there though. 

The way Sky have allocated seats for this is more than fair. There have been a number of freerolls already with a seat available.
    They really can't win.
  • edited June 2014
    Posted by FCHD
    This is a specific priority promo, all 10 spots are gonna be filled by priority members and rightly so.

Us mere mortals have had/may still get plenty of avenues to qualify.
  • edited June 2014
    Just a quick question about the seats.........will it be for people who get priority this month (ie get 10k points this month) or next month (get 10k points in july) 

thanks
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Priority - June and July : From how I read it, this is available to everyone. If you make priority this month than it will be open to you as well. From a personal perspective it won't be any good for me as I'm unlikely to make priority this month. I don't begrudge the people who put the hours in and get there though.  The way Sky have allocated seats for this is more than fair. Therd have been a number of freerolls already with a seat available. They really can't win.
    Posted by Jac35
    I assumed the 10 seats up for grabs in June, would be for current priority members, those that made it in May
  • edited June 2014
    This sounds excellent.
  • edited June 2014
    You've got it spot on Lambert. If someone already has a seat for the UKPC, we'll be awarding cash, (amount yet to be confirmed), along with the spot in TSP. There will be a few other benefits from being in TSP aswell. Details will follow. The first TSP spot will be given away in the Priority World Cup final.
    Posted by Sky_JP

hi sam,

it looks like its a good promotion and should attract many to play for prioirity club through june. 

however, if there is a perception that anyone who has already paid, played and won a seat would consequently be offered a reduced amount for a £1100 seat then fewer people will try and qualify through the satellites and fewer people will buy in directly.

could you clarify whether the full amount would be awarded please?

thanks

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Priority - June and July : hi sam, it looks like its a good promotion and should attract many to play for prioirity club through june.  however, if there is a perception that anyone who has already paid, played and won a seat would consequently be offered a reduced amount for a £1100 seat then fewer people will try and qualify through the satellites and fewer people will buy in directly. could you clarify whether the full amount would be awarded please? thanks
    Posted by aussie09
    The exact details haven't been decided but once they are, we'll let people know.
  • edited June 2014
    Just a quick question about the seats.........will it be for people who get priority this month (ie get 10k points this month) or next month (get 10k points in july)  thanks
    Posted by jonnyrkd
    It will be people that get 10k+ points in June, ready to be in prio for July. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to FAO Priority - June and July:
    Thought I'd let you guys know what the Priority plans are for June and July. This month, we're running the Priority World Cup. There's an actual trophy up for grabs, along with tournament entries and cash prizes. This promotion will start on the 12th June. Full details will follow within the next few days so keep an eye on your emails! 
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Has the email for this months promo been sent out yet?
    I haven't recieved previous emails for promotions and would like to know what the crack is if it's starting in 2 days! 
    Thanks

• edited June 2014
    In Response to FAO Priority - June and July : Has the email for this months promo been sent out yet? I haven't recieved previous emails for promotions and would like to know what the crack is if it's starting in 2 days!  Thanks
    Posted by gazzaluf05
    I'll give you a call after the email has been sent (late this afternoon), to check that you've received it.

If not, I'll let you know the full details in a direct email, and I'll take a look at why you're not receiving emails.

Cheers
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Priority - June and July : I'll give you a call after the email has been sent (late this afternoon), to check that you've received it. If not, I'll let you know the full details in a direct email, and I'll take a look at why you're not receiving emails. Cheers JP
    Posted by Sky_JP
    I didn't recieved the email or a phone call JP? 

• edited June 2014

nothing yet jp.  did u email?

• edited June 2014
    nothing yet jp.  did u email?
    Posted by aussie09
    I just got a direct email from JP which worked fine. 
    Do you use hotmail for email? 
    Could be something to do with their smart screen blocking skys marketing emails. 
  • edited June 2014

thanks gazza.

for poker i have a sky.com email adress, using sky broadband, watching 861 on sky, waiting to hear from the skypoker priority account manager from sky.  maybe there's a weak link there somewhere.

• edited June 2014
    Well its the 13th I have 460 points.... whats the best way to make 9500 in  two weeks.... I also work most days. :)
  • edited June 2014
    Do we get to find out who is in which team?