You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya!

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
In Response to Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya!:
It's our last Sunday night for a month without being up against the World Cup- so expect a ratings smash! This Sunday's live show on Sky Poker TV has a very special guest. But first, let's get the formalities out the way. On hosting duties... Richard Orford On pundit duties... Jen Mason And on special guest duties... MARTINS ADENIYA! Yes, you saw him in action in the Sky Poker UKPC series- a stockbroker turned poker-pro now tearing up the scene, and hot off the back of winning the UKIPT PLO event a few days ago in London. The running order of the show is tbc right now and will be updated on here as soon as everything's confirmed, but you can bet the farm that it'll feature our Sunday night main pretty extensively- the £15K Super Roller .   Usual scenario for your interaction needs: send all your banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email  skyopen@bskyb.com  or via Twitter  #skypoker to be read out live on the show. And this Sunday's extra question is a simple one. When you have someone of his calibre in the studio, there can be only one refrain...          ASK ADENIYA!                              Fire your questions away and I'll put them to the man.   See you at 7 o'clock sharp for our final World-Cup free big Sunday night of poker!
Posted by RICHORFORD
Drone..........

Comments

• edited June 2014
    It's our last Sunday night for a month without being up against the World Cup- so expect a ratings smash!

This Sunday's live show on Sky Poker TV has a very special guest. But first, let's get the formalities out the way. On hosting duties...

Richard Orford

On pundit duties...

Jen Mason

And on special guest duties...

MARTINS ADENIYA!

Yes, you saw him in action in the Sky Poker UKPC series- a stockbroker turned poker-pro now tearing up the scene, and hot off the back of winning the UKIPT PLO event a few days ago in London.

And here's what's happening:

7pm- Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter final table

8pm-10pm Live coverage of the Sunday main- the £15K Super Roller

10pm-12pm Live coverage from the UKPC final- with 5 seats guaranteed into August's DTD event

Usual scenario for your interaction needs: send all your banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker to be read out live on the show.
    And this Sunday's extra question is a simple one. When you have someone of his calibre in the studio, there can be only one refrain...

ASK ADENIYA!

Fire your questions away and I'll put them to the man.

The one we like best will win a free seat into Monday night's UKPC semi (worth £48). The seat is non-transferable- so make sure you let us know if you send in a question but can't play on Monday so we can give it to someone else.

See you at 7 o'clock sharp for our final World-Cup free big Sunday night of poker!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya!:
    In Response to Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya! : Drone..........
    Posted by Tikay10
    Still missing me I see, even in Vegas.

x
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya!:
    In Response to Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya! : Drone..........
    Posted by Tikay10

Plenty of those near Vegas. Seen any flying over from Creech Air Force Base?
  • edited June 2014
    Hi to Jen , Martins and Orfs

Question to Martins:

I've recently fell in love with PLO8 but mainly play DYM's
    Any tips for transferring to PLO8 MTT's?

Cheers
    Have a good one
    Mick
  • edited June 2014
    please put a shoutout for all rainmans hardwork in getting 211 runners for the 220@220 last wednesday & are there any plans to show any of the tourney or hands from the final table?
  • edited June 2014
    Can the final table of the deep stack not be shown instead? We see the thursday bounty hunter final table shown every week.
  • edited June 2014
    We appear to have someone beutiful , someone hansome, and Rich Orford on the show tonight. The question then. Is acting a part of being a live poker player, and have you ever acted or tried out to be an actor Martins.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Rich, Jen, Martin!! Have a great SHOW!!

COULD YOU DO AN EARLY PLUG FOR...... A 'Friends of Sky Poker' Tournament

THE Week 2 FOSP Donk-a-fun is.......OMAHA!!

Password 'FOSP' £3,30, 3000 chips

Churchy18 leads the way, surely a new leader after this week!!

7-15pm Sunday 8th June....BE THERE!!  [late reg fa 30 mins]

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=9543491&guid=29b41f24-7bbe-4766-95bd-29da97ebbe15

[Martin welcome to play our PLO, does he want me to stake him, for 80% winnings, LOL]

Question for Martin!!

How many other Stockbrokers/City Boys have ventured into Poker as far as he knows!
    ..and have any 'broken thru' as well???

I know few who now work on Betting Exchanges & Sports Spreads etc, just seems the skills & mind set they have picked up would be ideally suited to Cash & MTT Poker, unless you disagree of course!

TA, The Hitman

• edited June 2014
    please put a shoutout for all rainmans hardwork in getting 211 runners for the 220@220 last wednesday & are there any plans to show any of the tourney or hands from the final table?
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    +1!!!!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya!:
    It's our last Sunday night for a month without being up against the World Cup- so expect a ratings smash! This Sunday's live show on Sky Poker TV has a very special guest. But first, let's get the formalities out the way. On hosting duties... Richard Orford On pundit duties... Jen Mason And on special guest duties... MARTINS ADENIYA! Yes, you saw him in action in the Sky Poker UKPC series- a stockbroker turned poker-pro now tearing up the scene, and hot off the back of winning the UKIPT PLO event a few days ago in London. And here's what's happening: 7pm- Thursday's Sky Sports Bounty Hunter final table 8pm-10pm Live coverage of the Sunday main- the £15K Super Roller 10pm-12pm Live coverage from the UKPC final - with 5 seats guaranteed into August's DTD event   Usual scenario for your interaction needs: send all your banter/questions/hand requests into us either on this thread, via email  skyopen@bskyb.com  or via Twitter  #skypoker to be read out live on the show. And this Sunday's extra question is a simple one. When you have someone of his calibre in the studio, there can be only one refrain...          ASK ADENIYA!                              Fire your questions away and I'll put them to the man. The one we like best will win a free seat into Monday night's UKPC semi (worth £48) . The seat is non-transferable- so make sure you let us know if you send in a question but can't play on Monday so we can give it to someone else.   See you at 7 o'clock sharp for our final World-Cup free big Sunday night of poker!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Hi guys, looking forward to tonights show, as you have the BOSS in, Martins Adeniya on.
    A question for Martin, obviously he has made a lot of money from poker, but stockbroking isnt exactly minimum wage so does he want to play HU4ROLLZ?
    At least when I bust him and he goes broke he has a well paid carear he can fall back in to.
  • edited June 2014
    Cheers guys for the input and questions so far.

We'll comp in someone to tomorrow night's UKPC semi for the question we like best. So keep them coming please!
  • edited June 2014
    Great Show So Far Guys!!!

Where's Greg?

Think the "Greg" thing came about because Ross often calls Aussie09 Greg by mistake, rather than Rob.

Ask Adeniya: I read a couple of years ago that 50% of players that won over £500k in a tournament for the first time had a degree in Maths. How important is having a mathematical or analytical thought process in being successful at the highest level of poker?
  • edited June 2014
    Just a few hours to go guys and gals.

Martins is in right from the top of the show at 7 tonight, so it'll be good to have plenty of questions for then.
  • edited June 2014
    Can the final table of the deep stack not be shown instead? We see the thursday bounty hunter final table shown every week.
    Posted by Matt237
    Hi Matt,

I've spoken to the producer for you but it looks like they're going with Thursday's game.

Soz!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya! : Hi Matt, I've spoken to the producer for you but it looks like they're going with Thursday's game. Soz!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Not a problem, just thought it would be something different that's all. :-)
  • edited June 2014
    Hi guys have a good show.

Question's for Martins -Hi, I enjoy watching your aggressive style of poker. A few years ago, EPT London you went onto the final table as chip leader. You took a huge all in pre-flop flip 10 10 v AK against the other large stack at the table. I know his opening and shoving ranges are huge, so my questions are:-
    1) Is that the largest / most important flip you've ever lost?
    2) I noticed you pretty much snap called, would you ever consider folding AK pre-flop to an all in from the other large stack at the table?
    3) Do you look back and regret calling?
    Sorry if this brings back bad memories. Good luck in the future.
  • edited June 2014
    shame your not going to show any of the deepstack but please give it & rainman the mention it & he deserves
  • edited June 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford(still the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack champion).
    Good evening Mrs Mason(possible contender for the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack crown)
    Good evening Mr Adeniya.(possible contender for the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack crown).

I have being doing a scientific research on coconut milk since Alex mentioned it and my results are as follows.
    MAY 5TH TO MAY 31ST NO COCONUT MILK = I AM RUBBISH AT POKER.
    JUNE 1ST TO PRESENT DAY STILL NO COCONUT MILK + STILL RUBBISH AT POKER.
    Conclusion is coconut milk makes you better at poker.

Question for Mrs Mason and Mr Adeniya would it be possible for both of you to spare an afternoon to play the  £2.20 @2.20 deepstack whenever you have  a spare afternoon.
    All the best
    Rainman397 
  • edited June 2014
    go rainman sign up those pro's
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich, Jen and special guest Martins Adeniya! : Hi guys, looking forward to tonights show, as you have the BOSS in, Martins Adeniya on. A question for Martin, obviously he has made a lot of money from poker, but stockbroking isnt exactly minimum wage so does he want to play HU4ROLLZ? At least when I bust him and he goes broke he has a well paid carear he can fall back in to.
    Posted by macapaca

PMSL Maca!!!

Gwan mi Son!!! HU4ROLLZ FTW!!
  • edited June 2014
    Good evening again Mr Orford (still the £2.20 :@2.20 deepstack champion)
    Would it be possible to mention the final table winners on the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack on 4th june.
    1.TIMEFORBED
    2.DVUS
    3.FREDIN
    4.TENTENTEN
    5.FREDTHETED
    6.SEADRAGON
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited June 2014
    Evening 
    My question for Martins Adeniya is what history had been  built up between himself and Zimnan for Zimnan to call an allin with just 3rd pair on the river on a wet wet board  to your turned boat think it was an ept hand from a couple year back you had a10 and has this hand helped or hindered your game since?
    Regards Jon

ps can you promote my Super6 world cup forum comp please Richard ;')

• edited June 2014
    is there a last longer tonight? am i too late?

cheers
    S
  • edited June 2014
    You've got the wrong day and yeah you are too late :-)
  • edited June 2014
    Hello all I have a question for Martins.

He is a young up and coming player on the poker scene what I want to know is has he come across one of his peers also an up and coming young player called Tony Kendall.

The answer to your question is yes I am heavily medicated.

Cheers have a good show all and run good bye Chris
  • edited June 2014
    hi all, just in from a day out tried some all in sats... cam 2nd in one , but then a 1st woo hoo in the roller

at yoyo's table............ ohoh     

did I play this hand ok, I think I could've lost a lot more.  ant feedback would be great thanks.
     (786,433,036)
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    People with a bent for maths seem to have a bent for poker.

Some poker with Maths or Maths based degrees: Rupert Elder, David Vamplew, Barry Greenstein, Chris Ferguson, Felix Schneiders (xflixx), Matt Matros, Liv Boeree, Mike McDonald, Ryan Daut, Jonathan Duhamel (quit before graduation) & Joseph Cheong.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi guys.

Will be watching show all through World Cup - let's face it we will be out quicker than me in a turbo Tuesday :)

my question, Football has World Cup, golf has Ryder cup 6 nations rugby and even cricket has a national team!!  If you was captain who would be in you national team of 4 in a poker World Cup?

Same question to Jen for a ladies team :)

Matt aka Nuggy