You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Credit to Sky Poker when its due

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Just a short note to say that i recieved an e-mail from Sky Poker yesterday saying i was in a Dym and there was colluding at the the table i was on. I have to say i dont remember the game at all and i certainly didnt report anything but i had my account credited by £ 15.00. Sky Poker mentioned that appropiate action has been taken against whoever the players were.

So thanks Sky for the £ 15.00 and much appreciated.

I have put the £ 15.00 on Messi/Argentina as Top scorers at 12-1.

P.s i will be moaning to Sky Bet if this doesnt come in.

Comments

• edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Credit to Sky Poker when its due:
    Just a short note to say that i recieved an e-mail from Sky Poker yesterday saying i was in a Dym and there was colluding at the the table i was on. I have to say i dont remember the game at all and i certainly didnt report anything but i had my account credited by £ 15.00. Sky Poker mentioned that appropiate action has been taken against whoever the players were. So thanks Sky for the £ 15.00 and much appreciated. I have put the £ 15.00 on Messi/Argentina as Top scorers at 12-1. P.s i will be moaning to Sky Bet if this doesnt come in.
    Posted by ALFIE123

Massive well done and thumbs up for the sky customer care team :) They get a lot of stick but this proves how invaluable they are

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Credit to Sky Poker when its due:
    Just a short note to say that i recieved an e-mail from Sky Poker yesterday saying i was in a Dym and there was colluding at the the table i was on. I have to say i dont remember the game at all and i certainly didnt report anything but i had my account credited by £ 15.00. Sky Poker mentioned that appropiate action has been taken against whoever the players were. So thanks Sky for the £ 15.00 and much appreciated. I have put the £ 15.00 on Messi/Argentina as Top scorers at 12-1. P.s i will be moaning to Sky Bet if this doesnt come in.
    Posted by ALFIE123
    nice one mate. Although I would have gone for Neymar/Brazil :)
  • edited June 2014

It's really good to hear about stuff like this :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Credit to Sky Poker when its due:
    It's really good to hear about stuff like this :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

For all its faults, sky poker has a lot of fundamental things right. The forum is excellent, not just the players but the fact sky reps, presenters and pros post regularly (Tikay is in Vegas and still posting!) 

Top job sky! Now....... about introducing antes?????      ;)

• edited June 2014
    I hate to burst the bubble here folks but sky customer care are unfortuanely not who are responsible for this refund.

Alfie, the game in question you played against two high profile "regs" who myself and another forum member discovered were colluding at DYM's. (I'll refrain from naming the other member untill he gives his permission.)

We gathered undeniable evidence of the cheating and also showed how the profits from this cheating were being redistributed evenly amongst themselves.

We presented all our evidence to Sky and after they saw it was blatant cheating they banned the players involved and now some weeks later they have issued players with refunds.

My only concern is how much longer this cheating would have continued if it wasnt for the suspicious minds of me and my fellow detective.
  • edited June 2014
    But they paid out those that were affected i think is the point mate. Its very easy for them to keep the costs to themselves i think and keep the fact that people colluded in the dark
  • edited June 2014
    Nice one CPFC.  Good that u got the evidence and Sky did something about and not just accept it.  As Matt said Sky didn't have to pay me or anyone else concerned. 
  • edited June 2014
    But they paid out those that were affected i think is the point mate. Its very easy for them to keep the costs to themselves i think and keep the fact that people colluded in the dark
    Posted by Matt237
    No, i think you misunderstand me. SKY were never going to keep the money because that would have made them no better than the cheaters themselves (financially gaining because players had cheated and had their funds seized).

When you say it would have been easy to keep players in the dark. your wrong, because it was players who highlighted the cheating in the first place. I personally would not have let the matter rest untill players who literally had money stole from them had been refunded.
  • edited June 2014
    I hate to burst the bubble here folks but sky customer care are unfortuanely not who are responsible for this refund. Alfie, the game in question you played against two high profile "regs" who myself and another forum member discovered where colluding at DYM's. (I'll refrain from naming the other member untill he gives his permission.) We gathered undeniable evidence of the cheating and also showed how the profits from this cheating were being redistributed evenly amongst themselves. We presented all our evidence to Sky and after they saw it was blatant cheating they banned the players involved and now some weeks later they have issued players with refunds. My only concern is how much longer this cheating would have continued if it wasnt for the suspicious minds of me and my fellow detective.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    They have had undeniable evidence in the past, and not acted upon it.

Still a step forward, wp Sky.
  • edited June 2014
    I understood you. Its happened previously i believe, or so i have been told
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Credit to Sky Poker when its due : They have had undeniable evidence in the past, and not acted upon it. Still a step forward, wp Sky.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I obviously don't know the situation you are referring to but i would suggest that if someone was wronged (and had cast iron proof) then they should have gone to whatever lengths necessary to ensure that they were compensated. I would include contacting sky's licensing authority as an option.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Credit to Sky Poker when its due : I obviously don't know the situation you are referring to but i would suggest that if someone was wronged (and had cast iron proof) then they should have gone to whatever lengths necessary to ensure that they were compensated. I would include contacting sky's licensing authority as an option.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    Fella wrote a post on this forum admitting it.

He's taken 10s of thousands off the site since, live and online.

Still beating the games now.

Can't change what's happened, but at least they seem to be trying to stop it happening again.
  • edited June 2014
    It's good that Sky refunded you Alfie but I'm assuming this was a £15 dym so total buyin was £16.50.  What happened to refunding you the rake that you paid?
  • edited June 2014
    It's good that Sky refunded you Alfie but I'm assuming this was a £15 dym so total buyin was £16.50.  What happened to refunding you the rake that you paid?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    They might have cashed and won the money back anyway since colluding doesn't always guarantee profit. It shouldn't be done how it was anyway - all the money won from players who colluded should have been proportionally distributed with every single opponent they've played against. That'd be the fairest way to do it.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Credit to Sky Poker when its due : Fella wrote a post on this forum admitting it. He's taken 10s of thousands off the site since, live and online. Still beating the games now. Can't change what's happened, but at least they seem to be trying to stop it happening again.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Seeing as it appears to be in the public domain, can you name names? Thank you
  • edited June 2014

Just checked my e mails & ive had 2 DYMs refunded by Sky...I can usually spot if something fishy is going on, so they must of been good !

• edited June 2014
    Good to hear that ppl are being caught and punished for it
    Nice work cpfc

• edited June 2014
    Fairly sure it's against the rules to name them.
  • edited June 2014
    Can understand your point but if its against sky rules don't do it. We all agree to the terms when we sign up.
  • edited June 2014
    If they have done these pay outs my guess would be winnings have been taken from these players and they have been banned yes. Fact CPFC and his mate caught this probably meant the system may not have picked this collusion up. Until they were informed of the ongoing situation
  • edited June 2014
    Can understand your point but if its against sky rules don't do it. We all agree to the terms when we sign up.
    Posted by Matt237
    Against Sky rules?
    Are you sure about this Matt? To make allegations about players on the forum is certainly wrong.
    However, against proven cheats that Sky have banned for collusion. I really don't see that would be a problem.
  • edited June 2014
    I really do not see what it achieves by outing the culprits if Sky have already dealt with the issue and refunded those who were affected and from what CPFC said, they're already banned. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Credit to Sky Poker when its due : If you cant see this ????  Then I will  spell it out. It matters greatly as peeps may have been fleeced by these culprits  for a very long period indeed and they can search there history for the offending culprits and take action where necessary.
    Posted by footsie66
    I'm sure Sky will have done a thorough audit of their playing accounts and refunded whoever needed to be.  CPFC said it took some weeks before finally receiving a refund so this would coincide with the auditing their accounts which obviously takes time.
  • edited June 2014
    For the avoidance of doubt the culprits whether proven guilty or not are NOT to be named

Therefore I have deleted the post naming them and closed the thread.

It has been reported to the Sky Team and they can re-open the thread if they feel appropriate

Thanks

Dave