You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Lobby Info

You have a tournament running at 9.45 this evening, a £100 Freezeout - what is this? What does the Freezeout mean?

The lobby suggests coming over to this forum to find out, well I've tried that for about 30 mins and can see nothing - why direct us here and then either have no info or make it impossible to find?

I've experienced similar with other tournaments, perhaps ones with restricted entry requirements for example - is it not possible to have this relevant information in the tournament lobby?

Perhaps a glossary somewhere on the site might also be useful.

This forum is from my experience not a great place to find information.

Also, since I'm making contact, a real bugbear is your poker points - I know a cash payment is made after the end of each month, and that's fine, but AFAIK they can only be used to enter freeroll tournaments.

There just are not enough of these free-roll tournaments, and those that are on offer are in my opinion a pretty poor selection. 

4 small cash tournaments running at 1 am, 6.45 am, 10 am and midday - could you not put on more of these at more accessible times? 

As for the other tournaments offering entries into bigger tournaments - these are again so limited that it's often perhaps only 1 in 40 or 50 entrants that might win a ticket. 

For that return, and the time it takes, it's scarcely worth the effort - which is why so few players take these tournaments seriously, many many players just go all in every hand.

The 15% rake you take as standard on most MTT's is already high - the cash payback is equivalent to perhaps 1.5% (or 10% of your take), so you are taking home a rake of c.13.5%.

That most of your "freeroll" tournaments are also close to self-funding from rebuys/addons - I would think you could offer a bit more back with them.

Even with just moderate play I make many more points every month than I can use, can you not offer more and better ways to use them?

Sorry if that's all a bit of a rant, once I started I got a bit carried away ;) I would appreciate a response though.

Thanks in advance.

Comments