You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stopping collusion...mark 2

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat

I recently started a thread in which i talked about reporting collusion. The thread was accidentily deleted by Sky Sam and he has told me to go ahead and repost it. I'd like to thank contributers to the original thread i.e. YoYo,Vulture,day4eire76,BBMike and Matt237.

My original post went something like this:

As a community we have a responsibility to protect one another by reporting suspicious play through the correct channels. Public accusations on the forums serve no purpose other than to warn the players involved and give them a chance to withdraw funds before customer care can hold an investigation.

Another forum member and I recently uncovered a case of collusion in DYM's. During this case it literally sickened me to watch game after game where the cheats where so blatant that my co detective and I were able to predict their exact action before each hand. We decided not to publicly air our concerns or to say anything to any other players but to report the matter in the correct procedure.

We let Sky customer care do their job before money was withdrawn from the site. This action has led to the victims being compensated. I ask everyone to follow our example and take your suspicions to customer care and not the forums.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    It's good that we have people like you and your friend for taking time out of playing and putting yourself out to rail games that you were not involved in to gather evidence to produce to Sky.  You both deserve a big pat on the back and hopefully the people who were unfortunate to be a part of those particular games were refunded.

I would say though that these threads talking about collusion and how they were caught might well deter potential new players from playing (a new player already voiced their concerns yesterday) as it may look like it's epidemic on Sky.  On the plus side, it will surely deter others from trying it.
  • edited June 2014
    It's good that the two players in question have been outed, but can we now move on. It's all beginning to sound a bit self righteous to me. 

Sky have an obligation to ensure that collusion/multi accounting is not rife on the site. Whilst it is good that people are observant enough to report such instances, ultimately Sky need to have systems in place that will pick these things up long before we do. 
  • edited June 2014
    As a Brighton supporter it pains me to say this, but good job Sir. You and and the other forum member have done your fellow players a big favour.

The Customer Care system often gets knocked here, so it's good to learn of a case where firm action has been taken and money rightly returned to those who have participated in an unfair game.
  • edited June 2014
    who was it? I got refunded £20, pretty sure it should've been more with the volume I put in that 2 week period but w/e
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Stopping collusion...mark 2:
    As a Brighton supporter it pains me to say this, but good job Sir. You and and the other forum member have done your fellow players a big favour. The Customer Care system often gets knocked here, so it's good to learn of a case where firm action has been taken and money rightly returned to those who have participated in an unfair game.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Explains alot. :)
  • edited June 2014
    Bump, I still don't know who it was colluding, think I deserve to know given that I played about 800 games during that period..
  • edited June 2014
    Sky have done their audit and refunds. Just move on lol..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Stopping collusion...mark 2:
    I recently started a thread in which i talked about reporting collusion. The thread was accidentily deleted by Sky Sam and he has told me to go ahead and repost it. I'd like to thank contributers to the original thread i.e. YoYo,Vulture,day4eire76,BBMike and Matt237. My original post went something like this: As a community we have a responsibility to protect one another by reporting suspicious play through the correct channels. Public accusations on the forums serve no purpose other than to warn the players involved and give them a chance to withdraw funds before customer care can hold an investigation. Another forum member and I recently uncovered a case of collusion in DYM's. During this case it literally sickened me to watch game after game where the cheats where so blatant that my co detective and I were able to predict their exact action before each hand. We decided not to publicly air our concerns or to say anything to any other players but to report the matter in the correct procedure. We let Sky customer care do their job before money was withdrawn from the site. This action has led to the victims being compensated. I ask everyone to follow our example and take your suspicions to customer care and not the forums.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    I agree..
  • edited June 2014
    Sky have done their audit and refunds. Just move on lol..
    Posted by Matt237
    lol shut up, why are you so desperate to sweep it under the rug?

I got a £20 refund after playing a tonne of games with these 2 scumbags at £22's
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Stopping collusion...mark 2 : lol shut up, why are you so desperate to sweep it under the rug? I got a £20 refund after playing a tonne of games with these 2 scumbags at £22's
    Posted by ACES925
    Get in contact with them then ... They've done an audit so clearly you were only in 1 game with them. They've been named on here already and the post/thread got taken down.

I'm not so desperate to sweep it under the rug. They've been correctly punished and we have to trust sky. Don't take it out on me lol, its dragging on and getting boring now. 
  • edited June 2014
    Why have the last 4 posts been deleted? lol cool software sky.

In a nutshell, you could've told me who it was in the space of time it took u to type in 'move on, forget about it' condescendingly to someone who has been cheated Matt, whilst you had what invested?

It might be boring because its not relevant to you, like 99% of threads and posts are too me, it doesn't mean I should go out my way to say so.

Not looking for further action, mentioned I played a lot with them to justify my need to know. Not that I should have had too.