You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Russian Roulette chances!?

Just lost 4 Russian Roulettes in a row thank you very much Sky Poker! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!! 
I seriously do not think your automated dealing systems are genuinely FAIR!!!!! 

Does anyone else think so too?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    try flipping a coin 4 times in a row and marking down your results

do that 100 times and if it fails to come heads, heads, heads heads or tails, tails, tails, tails one of them times then il take this post seriously.

P.S if you like money don't play russian roulettes
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Russian Roulette chances!?:
    Just lost 4 Russian Roulettes in a row thank you very much Sky Poker! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!  I seriously do not think your automated dealing systems are genuinely FAIR!!!!!  Does anyone else think so too?
    Posted by Brows
    Unlucky but just out of interest how many of these do you feel you should have won?
  • edited June 2014
    Just lost 4 Russian Roulettes in a row thank you very much Sky Poker! NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!  I seriously do not think your automated dealing systems are genuinely FAIR!!!!!  Does anyone else think so too?
    Posted by Brows
    FFSake, this is so unfair, i am so pi**ed right now i really want to go to consumers right to report them robbing sad ppl!!

• edited June 2014
    Posted by Brows
    Do you think thats a big enough sample size sir?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Russian Roulette chances!?:
    In Response to Russian Roulette chances!? : FFSake, this is so unfair, i am so pi**ed right now i really want to go to consumers right to report them robbing sad ppl!!
    Posted by Brows
    You've actually lost 5 in a row, not 4.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Russian Roulette chances!? : You've actually lost 5 in a row, not 4.
    Posted by Matt237
    <Norman Chad mode> Meltdown in 3....2....1

• edited June 2014
    Just wow..........
  • edited June 2014
    Definitely recommending this for Top of the Posts, my favourite for a long time!
  • edited June 2014
    Just wow..........
    Posted by Slykllist
    Remember he's lost 5 in a row, not 4!
  • edited June 2014
    He has a 60% win rate in russian roulettes, and has had 1 x  4 game winning streak, 1 x five game winning streak and a whopping 2 x 6 game winning streaks

In the words of the happy mondays: call the cops.

Oh, the ironing.
  • edited June 2014
    Come on guys!  Play nice,. Hes a new user and was expecting (understandably) to win on RR.  Could someone explain "rake".  The op is what we call a "Troll"? 
    P.S. Brows - FWIW i recall the record for RR losses in a row is/was circa 20?  Gulp!
  • edited June 2014
    I've posted before about my mate who dropped a full pint at the bar and had it land upright with only a few drops of froth spilt, and also is the only person I know who has slipped on a banana skin in real life. Well he once called an unbelievable number of coin flips in a row. I had to call one of my mates over from the bar as I couldnt believe the run. Easily past ten in a row. 

Either you got it or you aint.

• edited June 2014
    Come on guys!  Play nice,. Hes a new user and was expecting (understandably) to win on RR.  Could someone explain "rake".  The op is what we call a "Troll"?  P.S. Brows - FWIW i recall the record for RR losses in a row is/was circa 20?  Gulp!
    Posted by Glenelg

His first game was 2008.
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Russian Roulette chances!? : His first game was 2008.
    Posted by Matt237
    yeah I know Matt,  I was being platonic.  ;-))
  • edited June 2014

the chances of four (wins or losses) in a row occurring is only 1 in 8
  • edited June 2014
    the chances of four (wins or losses) in a row occurring is only 1 in 16
    Posted by aussie09
    fyp
  • edited June 2014
    Just for the record and to respond in full to the OP......

On a long enough time line, the number of Russian Roulettes you will win is exactly 50% (it's a coin flip).

As shown in the video I linked to earlier, on a short time line, anything is possible, is it possible to flip a coin and it land on heads 10 times in a row?  Yes it is...... therefore is it possible to lose 10 Russian Roulettes in a row, yes of course it is!

The issue with Russian Roulettes that you need to factor in is the rake element of your bet.  10% of the entry fee is taken as rake so going back to our earlier long time line where we know as a FACT we will win exactly 50% of the time........ It is impossible to be profitable playing Russian Roulettes as you will ALWAYS lose 10% of your buyin.

Or in short, if you are playing Russian Roulettes and expecting to make money, you are being a MUG.
  • edited June 2014
    Couldn't have worded it any better Slykllist!

If you wanna know how to beat RR's I have a sound strategy that I am only willing to share to a selected few.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Russian Roulette chances!? : fyp
    Posted by splashies

thanks splashies, but...

no, 1 in 8

four in a row of either winning or losing is 1 in 8.

half chance that this game is the same as before, times three = four in a row

• edited June 2014
    Four in a row either winning or losing is 6.25% or 1 in 16. 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Russian Roulette chances!? : thanks splashies, but... no, 1 in 8 four in a row of either winning or losing is 1 in 8. half chance that this game is the same as before, times three = four in a row  
    Posted by aussie09
    ...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll....................................
    ................lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../...............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*............................. ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---.........../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../.........................
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|..........................
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,......................
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,......................
  • edited June 2014
    Chance of losing 1 - 1 in 2
    Chance of losing 2 in a row is 1 in 2 of 1 in 2 = 1 in 4
    Chance of losing 3 in a row is 1 in 2 of 1 in 4 = 1 in 8
    Chance of losing 4 in a row is 1 in 2 of 1 in 8 = 1 in 16.
  • edited June 2014
    Four in a row either winning or losing is 6.25% or 1 in 16. 0.5*0.5*0.5*0.5
    Posted by DoubleAAA

1 in 16 is correct if you set out to either (a) win four in a row or (b) lose four in a row

1 in 8 is correct if you want to see four in a row

(as the first event is superfluous.)

• edited June 2014
    I lost 19/22 of these on the last day of the ipad promo at £11's, it suuuucked
  • edited June 2014

simplify things to illustrate this...

what are the chances that you will see two in a row?

whatever the first event is, the chances of it repeating is a coin flip, i.e. 1 in 2

• edited June 2014
    fold pre flop.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE0uQACuErY
    Posted by Slykllist
    This guy's hands are everywhere.