You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

priority question?

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Just curious, a questiin I have been wanting to ask but forgot.

how many players regularly make priority status on here monthly. 

If so, wht sort of volume do u play? Is poker what u do for a living.

is it mainly cash u play?? How many tables if so.

would love one day too reach such a target but honestly think it might be impossible for me too do this with work and other things I do.

any feedback would be great thanks.

gl

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Dont know why it came up anonymous 

Posted by me.
  • edited June 2014
    Broadly speaking, if you are in priority you play cash. You would struggle (maybe even impossible) to make priority by just playing MTTs.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: priority question?:
    Broadly speaking, if you are in priority you play cash. You would struggle (maybe even impossible) to make priority by just playing MTTs.
    Posted by MattBates
    I made prio a few times playing just MTTs, but that was playing like 500 games a month and the highest buy ins. most points I have had from MTTs is around 13k i think. deffo would struggle to ever get more than that unless you added other games
  • edited June 2014
    The one month i made it was mainly SNG & MTT but with bit of cash thrown in - bit underwhelming when you actually reach priority, dont think they give enough perks to make a attrative propostion
  • edited June 2014
    We do see a variety of players earning 10,000 points and hitting Priority, but the majority are cash only.

Out of interest alex, what would make reaching Priority a more attractive proposition for you?

^^ Open question if anyone else has any thoughts!

Cheers
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    agree with alex's comments too - i made prio a few months running a while back and found i didnt really get alot from it. that on top of great promo's that excluded prio members actually made me ask myself the question "i wonder if I can opt out of priority!"

MTT grinders get 20% reakeback from 5k points onwards because of the way points per £ raked is calculated, so reaching 10k points doesnt give you any kind of extra boost - i think that should be changed. maybe 25% from 10k points onwards.

if you also had attractive promos, like the one for July (I'm sure I will somehow make prio in June so I'm eligable for the July Promo which looks amazing btw!) regularly that would make it a whole lot more attractive too. i realise that July's promo is a pretty big one, but I'm sure you could have a couple of seats a month to big live tourneys representing sky up for grabs. think I'd be every month if that was the case.
  • edited June 2014
    Cash players less likely to grind for mtt seats.
  • edited June 2014
    agree with alex's comments too - i made prio a few months running a while back and found i didnt really get alot from it. that on top of great promo's that excluded prio members actually made me ask myself the question "i wonder if I can opt out of priority!" MTT grinders get 20% reakeback from 5k points onwards because of the way points per £ raked is calculated, so reaching 10k points doesnt give you any kind of extra boost - i think that should be changed. maybe 25% from 10k points onwards. if you also had attractive promos, like the one for July (I'm sure I will somehow make prio in June so I'm eligable for the July Promo which looks amazing btw!) regularly that would make it a whole lot more attractive too. i realise that July's promo is a pretty big one, but I'm sure you could have a couple of seats a month to big live tourneys representing sky up for grabs. think I'd be every month if that was the case.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    To be honest, I think we need to start shouting about Priority a little more.

Last month we gave players the oppertunity to win a guaranteed prize (roughly £100 value), and also gave away a big gadget bundle worth £3000+. We then gave away over £1000 in cash, along with 4 iPad Airs to give the promotion a bit more of a boost.

During the world cup we're giving away £5,000 in cash, a trophy, and a £110 MTT ticket to 1/4 of the Priority base.

To add to this, Priority customers have not been excluded from recent full site promotions. Examples of this would be the UKPC promotions last month.

All this is literally going to a tiny group of players, in comparrison to the full base, and my opinion is that it's pretty good value.

Cheers
    JP

• edited June 2014
    tbf the promos for priority have been pretty good recently, better than they were when i made priority by a long way.

• edited June 2014
    We do see a variety of players earning 10,000 points and hitting Priority, but the majority are cash only. Out of interest alex, what would make reaching Priority a more attractive proposition for you? ^^ Open question if anyone else has any thoughts! Cheers JP
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Hey JP - For a start the priority site should be maintained a bit better, just make it look like its active/updated with monthly promos bit better, otherwise it looks a bit doormant - theres stuff on there from promos from months back

The month i made it all i really benefitted from was marginally better rakeback (i think this can definetly still be further improved than 20%) and 1 priority freeroll - There were prizes offered if you met your month target, but to be honest none of them were really that appealing - had they been better prizes then im sure i would have spent more time grinding - The prizes seemed they were just leftovers no one wanted and we could win, rather then really desirable gifts.

ive noticed your new to the forum? And you have been communicating on here which is excellent! its important people have a face to speak to re priority - but really id look to just boost the current packaging whether its 25% at 10,000 rather then 20% (this would make a big difference) offering better prizes /weekly priority freerolls etc all this would help

• edited June 2014

I regularly make 8-9k points, I would have thought you would e-mail players like me with the benefits of priority to try and encourage me to make priority. There is a promotion next month for Sky sponsored UKPC seats, yet its not clear how they will be won. If its based on points won its of no interest to me as an MTT player wont get up there. If its a tournament with 10 packages it would be of interest. As "no decision has been made" its not worth me bothering as I will lose EV by grinding extra MTTs on here to get the points to make priority when I don't know how the seats will be allocated.

Priority appears to be like a lot of the promotions on sky where less promotions but better communicated ones would be better. Not fully understanding the details of a promotion/not having communicated a promotion prior to it starting means the promotion doesn't get the maximum impact which seems bad for all concerned.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: priority question? : Hey JP - For a start the priority site should be maintained a bit better, just make it look like its active/updated with monthly promos bit better, otherwise it looks a bit doormant - theres stuff on there from promos from months back The month i made it all i really benefitted from was marginally better rakeback (i think this can definetly still be further improved than 20%) and 1 priority freeroll - There were prizes offered if you met your month target, but to be honest none of them were really that appealing - had they been better prizes then im sure i would have spent more time grinding - The prizes seemed they were just leftovers no one wanted and we could win, rather then really desirable gifts. ive noticed your new to the forum? And you have been communicating on here which is excellent! its important people have a face to speak to re priority - but really id look to just boost the current packaging whether its 25% at 10,000 rather then 20% (this would make a big difference) offering better prizes /weekly priority freerolls etc all this would help
    Posted by alex1229
    Hi Alex,

We're currently looking at making improvements to the Priority site, but at the very least, we will try and keep it up to date. I agree that at times, this is something that could be done better.

When coming up with a promotion, I can either offer very appealing prizes to a select few people, or offer everyone a realistic chance of winning a prize that is hopefully still quite appealing. My other option is to offer very appealing prizes to everyone, but make it more difficult to, for example - hit a target. This seems to resuilt in the majority of players feeling they have no chance. 

What I'm aiming for atm, is to give Priority customers realistic targets, and ensure that everyone has a chance of winning, and find a balance of giving away guaranteed prizes (which will obviously be less valuable), and the chance of winning more valuable prizes.

I am always open to feedback though!

Cheers
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    I regularly make 8-9k points, I would have thought you would e-mail players like me with the benefits of priority to try and encourage me to make priority. There is a promotion next month for Sky sponsored UKPC seats, yet its not clear how they will be won. If its based on points won its of no interest to me as an MTT player wont get up there. If its a tournament with 10 packages it would be of interest. As "no decision has been made" its not worth me bothering as I will lose EV by grinding extra MTTs on here to get the points to make priority when I don't know how the seats will be allocated. Priority appears to be like a lot of the promotions on sky where less promotions but better communicated ones would be better. Not fully understanding the details of a promotion/not having communicated a promotion prior to it starting means the promotion doesn't get the maximum impact which seems bad for all concerned.
    Posted by MattBates
    Matt,

There will be several ways to win a seat in July. It won't be focused soley on cash regs, but we're not going to give everything away in one freeroll.

Cheers
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    Whats the priority site :s 
  • edited June 2014
    Whats the priority site :s 
    Posted by ACES925
    +1

???????????????

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: priority question? : +1 ???????????????
    Posted by aussie09
    Just for you ;-).

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: priority question? : Just for you ;-). www.skypoker.com/priority
    Posted by belsibub
    ty

beein in priority many times, never knew, never told