You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this as bad as it feels?

in a tournament last night, im 8 of 18 remaining, i have 108k with blinds at 1800/3600, 9max game i open AQ for 7200 utg, utg +1 3 bets to 21k, now this is just a clear fold as his range now crushes AQ but i ended up clicking it back to 34k to make it look stronger which was a bad mistake and he puts me all in for my tournemnt life, at this time with antes an all there was around 180k in the pot and i only have 64k behind, i no im behind but i have an ace blocker so aces are unlikely even tho possible so im not going to be worse that 30%,  so cos ive had a good couple of weeks playing on there i tank knowing my hands not winning  and say fu** it lets put it in behind and get lucky and go chip leader. how bad is this do you think? i no its a mistake pre, been a long night and i lost concentration im just talking about post flop, 19k for the win too which makes it even more horrendous i think.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    1. just because he 3bet your UTG raise doesnt mean you are crushed. obv with some opponents it does, but you have a very awkward stack vs a 3bet, so it would be one I would target with any hand with a blocker, and even some air. even if your UTG. simply becaus ethe range you will want to GII with will be soooo tight, and you can't flat. easy money.

2. the click back isnt that horrid, it looks super strong. but you should only do it bearing in mind 3. i do prefer a shove tho, leaves no doubt in the villains mind about you folding and you have blockers to AA, QQ, AK

3. once u click it back, you have to call a shove after commiting 1/3 of ur stack.

out of what stack did the villain 3bet you? I take it that since you posted about it you were crushed?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: is this as bad as it feels?:
    1. just because he 3bet your UTG raise doesnt mean you are crushed. obv with some opponents it does, but you have a very awkward stack vs a 3bet, so it would be one I would target with any hand with a blocker, and even some air. even if your UTG. simply becaus ethe range you will want to GII with will be soooo tight, and you can't flat. easy money. 2. the click back isnt that horrid, it looks super strong. but you should only do it bearing in mind 3. i do prefer a shove tho, leaves no doubt in the villains mind about you folding and you have blockers to AA, QQ, AK 3. once u click it back, you have to call a shove after commiting 1/3 of ur stack. out of what stack did the villain 3bet you? I take it that since you posted about it you were crushed?
    Posted by chicknMelt
    yeah i no he dosent have to have me crushed because i open utg and like you say my stack size is a good stack to 3bet but id been playing solid and he would no im never getting out of line here utg and he knows im not afraid to put my chips in aswell, cant quite remember the stacks but he had me covered but not by alot, pokerstars are a pi** takes with hand histories. yeah he had kk the pri**
  • edited June 2014
    i don't think it's so bad,

it's good to have a session where you really mix up your sizings & do some goofy stuff every now & then...i can't remember the last time i 4b-clicked it back, hey i might have a go tonight!
  • edited June 2014
    I think its quite clever to mix it up like Julian said. Makes AQ look stronger than it is. Alot of his range would shrink
  • edited June 2014
    Yeah I mean if we want a 4bet bluff range in this spot from UTG, AQ is like the perfect candidate. But when you click it back you should really have in your mind that you're going to fold to the shove. Having an ace blocer means squat after this action - villains range IMO might look something like:

HandEquityWinsTies
    AQ23.29%72,666,5374,639,039
    KK, AA, AsKs, AhKh, AdKd, QsQc76.71%244,607,5764,639,039
    So given we need around 28% to call it off and the fact that if we fold we still have plenty of chips left I think we should definitely be sticking to our plan of folding once we min4-bet. I included all AK in the range on another equity check and we still have slightly less than 25%. And even if we include all combos of QQ - we only just have 25%. 

How did the tournament go in the end then? You manage to make the most of that luck? :)
  • edited June 2014
    Yeah I mean if we want a 4bet bluff range in this spot from UTG, AQ is like the perfect candidate. But when you click it back you should really have in your mind that you're going to fold to the shove. Having an ace blocer means squat after this action - villains range IMO might look something like: Hand Equity Wins Ties AQ 23.29% 72,666,537 4,639,039 KK, AA, AsKs, AhKh, AdKd, QsQc 76.71% 244,607,576 4,639,039 So given we need around 28% to call it off and the fact that if we fold we still have plenty of chips left I think we should definitely be sticking to our plan of folding once we min4-bet. I included all AK in the range on another equity check and we still have slightly less than 25%. And even if we include all combos of QQ - we only just have 25%.  How did the tournament go in the end then? You manage to make the most of that luck? :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

what luck? i busted in this hand :-( i got what i deserved 4betting without a plan and just crossing ur fingers and toes that he folds is plain donkeys di ck
  • edited June 2014
    I wouldn't even have a 4-bet bluffing range in these positions. You have opened utg and when villain 3-bets he still has 7 players behind. Readless villain is just never gonna have air often enough us to 4-bet bluff profitably.

As played, you can still fold to the shove. It's gonna be a marginal call based on your equity and you will still have 20bb left. 

• edited June 2014
    I wouldn't even have a 4-bet bluffing range in these positions. You have opened utg and when villain 3-bets he still has 7 players behind. Readless villain is just never gonna have air often enough us to 4-bet bluff profitably. As played, you can still fold to the shove. It's gonna be a marginal call based on your equity and you will still have 20bb left. 
    Posted by 77Chris91
    i did say in my OP that i realise i have made a mistake preflop, i new before i even made the play it was a mistake so i dont need anybody to tell me that, have you never been 12 hours into a session and nackered and clicked a button and thought s*** i shouldnt have done that what am i playing at? pretty sure you have as has everyone else in poker, its what makes us human, as long as you arnt a repeat offender the its good lurning curve
  • edited June 2014
    you will never win in the long run with these perverse tables at sky better giving your money to charity
  • edited June 2014
    I like your choice of words.
  • edited June 2014
    you will never win in the long run with these perverse tables at sky better giving your money to charity
    Posted by shepspaul
    ive won plenty in the long run actually so can you please take you're corruption bullsh** into brags beats and variance with all the rest of the dickheds. cheers. 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: is this as bad as it feels? : ive won plenty in the long run actually so can you please take you're corruption bullsh** into brags beats and variance with all the rest of the dickheds. cheers. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    f u
  • edited March 2015
    Welcome back Rock
  • edited March 2015
    Welcome back Rock
    Posted by Lambert180
    huh? nice bump :P