You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Show agenda

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi

May be a silly idea - watched last few weeks live shows (Loved them all!) but made me think - Would it bebeneficial to show a complete MTT?

The usual format mainly puts the focus on the FT - which I appreciate is exciting viewing -But would it be possible to show the middle stages?  This iswherethe poker really is and would be great to watch how people use their stack and how they go through the gears.

Maybe as its world cup next two weeks could do a Thursday with that agenda as I will be only one watching ;-)

Keep up great work!

Comments

• edited June 2014
    I tend to agree with you, all we see of MTTs most weeks is the first few hands and then the last few hands. Just for one show, I'd like to see the MTT coverage based around the middle of the event, particularly around bubble time. Even when it's a "super roller" where the entire evening is devoted to the MTT we don't ususally get anywhere near that part of the event before midnight.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Live Show agenda:
    Hi May be a silly idea - watched last few weeks live shows (Loved them all!) but made me think - Would it bebeneficial to show a complete MTT? The usual format mainly puts the focus on the FT - which I appreciate is exciting viewing -But would it be possible to show the middle stages?  This iswherethe poker really is and would be great to watch how people use their stack and how they go through the gears. Maybe as its world cup next two weeks could do a Thursday with that agenda as I will be only one watching ;-) Keep up great work!
    Posted by Nuggy962

+1

• edited June 2014
    i think it's a good idea,

more chance of more players getting to see a hand on there table played out & would def give a more accurate picture of how a tournament plays out from start to finish
  • edited June 2014

can we also have 3-D graphics where the cards pop-up in front of the presenters?

• edited June 2014
    maybe thursdays show could be the one which is entirely devoted to the main event, it can get a cash session in the first hour then the rest of the day devoted to the bounty hunter.

maybe put top of the pots and a master cash session onto sunday.

tuesday i think is the best day as it's got a bit of everything main event, final table, SnGo and master cash.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Live Show agenda:
    can we also have 3-D graphics where the cards pop-up in front of the presenters?  
    Posted by aussie09
    It's not 2035!    ;-)

• edited June 2014
    A few years ago they used to follow a few players in the primo I was one of the telephone guests I didnt make the first hour lol but still exciting to part of and be given advice in a few hands.

What they did was speak to selected player during each break how they getting on and what was their thought process  through a hand the showed maybe 20 mins ago.

They could possibly select a few players say 2-5 players say for example tommyd/mattbates/divdreams and then a few forum regs/new players so they are different variety of players(pros/recreationals) and we can all take part which would be good fun to watch plus the new players could possibly learn new things from the more experienced players talking through hands at different stages on the tournament.

I think that would be good idea to bring back imo.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Live Show agenda:
    A few years ago they used to follow a few players in the primo I was one of the telephone guests I didnt make the first hour lol but still exciting to part of and be given advice in a few hands. What they did was speak to selected player during each break how they getting on and what was their thought process  through a hand the showed maybe 20 mins ago. They could possibly select a few players say 2-5 players say for example tommyd/mattbates/divdreams and then a few forum regs/new players so they are different variety of players(pros/recreationals) and we can all take part which would be good fun to watch plus the new players could possibly learn new things from the more experienced players talking through hands at different stages on the tournament. I think that would be good idea to bring back imo.
    Posted by liamboi11
    +1 to above, especially highlighted area
  • edited June 2014
    Not sure if Aussie is having a laugh but the hands used to be computer generated and popup in front of the presenter. In reality they didn't they were actually projected on the floor in front of the presenters and they pretended they were in front of them, like they pretended there was a rail, and pretended the room was pretty as opposed to just green. It was all generated by computer graphics back then. They also used to follow the "open" all night from beginning to end. Well thats what happened when I was on the show. back in 2007. It's changed now and whether that is better or worse is down to each individuals point of view. I suspect that whatever they do someone will want something else. I would like them to have a show on each night, and have it themed more. A night for PLO/ PLO8, A deepstack and cash night, a sit and go and bounty hunter night, Who knows even a Night when a couple of Sky poker regulars come on to take on everyone else live in the studio, lets make it 7 minutes blinds so it finishes just before 12-00 we call it the "OPEN" and the show "Saturday night invite". Now I am having an Aussie type joke :-)
    Seriously though It probably won't happen as it costs too much.