You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Vegas '14 diary

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat

driving down to Gatwick this evening, got a pretty full day here so won't be hitting the road til 9ish tonight...i do of course get to arrive in style though, the wife & i swap cars with me getting my paws on her beloved baby blue fiat 500; a large shoehorn is all that's required to squeeze the suitcase in & even that's with the back seats down.

got $10k in my pocket & the plan is to play 5xWSOP events over a two week period, #lazypro would be a reasonable description.

feel free to tune in for sporadic updates

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Best of luck sir, bring home the $!!
  • edited June 2014
    Gl, hope u do well. 
  • edited June 2014
    Best of luck Julian, run well Sir!!
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    Will follow with interest and I hope you take your recent good form in the main events with you.
  • edited June 2014
    Just enjoy & run like yoyo! GLGL
  • edited June 2014
    Good luck Julian!
  • edited June 2014
    had a pretty smooth journey, my mate lovejoy timing his $1500 PLO exit perfectly to coincide with collecting me from the airport,
    went straight to a pool hall for a couple of cold ones before checking into Ti...got three nights here, room is great & it's bang opposite the venetian which is probably where I'll head today for a $400 comp.
    had some really nice eats at a little hole in the wall called le thai on Fremont st last night...got seated in a little courtyard, very pleasant...I reckoned we had were served by a pretty waitress, lovejoy assured me it was a waiter, welcome to LV...
    just noticed william shatner is in town at the MGM for 3 nights from tomorrow, might have investigate this further, will report back,
    adios amigos 
  • edited June 2014

very best of luck sir....

• edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    im stuck in Glasgow, pool hall a couple of cols ones always ends up with a trip too A&E,

wish I was there :(

hope your games go well gl.
  • edited June 2014
    36 got paid in the 400 & despite having 60bb with 38 left I failed to cash; day 1 went well & I bagged up a good stack but straightaway on day 2 ran into 66 on A67 when I had AK for 30bb then I kind of blew the rest off in the SB vs an annoying aggro BB (doug lee)...I made up the SB w J6cc & as expected he raised.

I called which is pretty iffy I guess but I felt I was deep enough to do something down the streets - the flop was decent, KcQc9, I checked, he asked to see my stack (we were in the 1 & 9 seats) & I told him I had a 100k (pot was 30k), anyway there was a bit of back & forth as he insisted he wanted to see my stack...he then said he was all-in (covering me)...boy that was annoying & so eventually I spite called but bricked & his Q4 held.

Not in the best of moods I headed over to the rio to sort my wsop buy-ins & ended up jumping into the 235 deepstack...these are great events, a nice pacey structure & I busted about 30 off the money from an 800 runner field; some positives so far then, i'm getting chips & feel like I've made some nice plays & reads, just need to iron out a couple of strategy lapses.

Bumped into scotty & we went for a chinese...no sign of tikay yet, prob catch him at the rio tomorrow
  • edited June 2014
    UL with the AK v 66 hand but J6 iffy indeed lol. Keep plugging away mate am rooting for ya.
  • edited June 2014
    last night, in hushed tones, I heard of a new move from a respected pro,

I decided to deploy said move in level 3 of today's $1500 event at the rio, hey I even flopped a flush draw & maybe I was unlucky to run into top set...don't try this at home

lovejoy busted early as well so we got some steaks in & chilled at hone.

went to see 'shatners world' with scotty & lovejoy last night, bit different, meandered a bit here & there but overall was def worth seeing...pretty hilarious moment when the 3 of us were seated at a table on the 2nd row & just before the curtains went up a lone gentleman was introduced to the spare 4th chair...

played two short 2/5 sessions at the Wynn & booked 2 wins so feeling positive...play the 1k tomorrow, hopefully no gaffs!

• edited June 2014
    jumped into the 1k today, had a friendly table w padraig parkinson & London reg david lloyd as table company, never really much going & went shoving 9bb w 88 into 66 but he 4 flushed it,

railed richard ashby in the 1500 PLO & our boy scotty who has a stack in day2 of the 1500 nl, I swear every time we swap 10% he FT's, I shud be on commission,

played another short 2/5 sesh at the Wynn & booked another win, live cash over here is so much fun, maybe I shud sack the MTTs lol,

move back to the strip tomorrow, am kinda hoping I get to rail scotty for a day3 run, will keep y'all posted,

tikay sightings still zero, sigh!
  • edited June 2014
    No idea how we keep missing each other, as I also railed Chufty and Ryan today!

I also saw Lloydy and Woodley in the American Grille after they busted the $1k.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Vegas '14 diary:
    No idea how we keep missing each other, as I also railed Chufty and Ryan today! I also saw Lloydy and Woodley in the American Grille after they busted the $1k.
    Posted by Tikay10
    heh, you sure you're not avoiding me??

moving back to the strip today & hope to be on the rail for ryan from 1...last 15 of the 1500, bit below av I think, 18bb, no bother

• edited June 2014
    been at the aria 2 days now, very nice it is too but the bed is way too soft for my liking.

went to a nice seafood restaurant with scotty after his FT heroics, he was in good form & took the beat very well considering the stakes, cherry cokes all round.

I jumped into day 1c of the venetian 1100, it ended up getting just over a 1000 runners & I return today, one of about 180 day 2 players with an average stack, a very playable 35bb.

loads of UK pros showed up, Cody, Lewis, JP Kelly, in fact the only absentee was scotty...mbn to take a day off.

it's the 1500 megastack over at the rio tomorrow, 15k stacks, blinds start at 25/25, my worst nightmare lol, but folk are predicting a 5000 runner field so I shall be treating it as my main event.

I think tony scraped into the PLO8 day2 so glgl to him, more updates in a day or 2
  • edited June 2014
    been at the aria 2 days now, very nice it is too but the bed is way too soft for my liking. went to a nice seafood restaurant with scotty after his FT heroics, he was in good form & took the beat very well considering the stakes, cherry cokes all round. I jumped into day 1c of the venetian 1100, it ended up getting just over a 1000 runners & I return today, one of about 180 day 2 players with an average stack, a very playable 35bb. loads of UK pros showed up, Cody, Lewis, JP Kelly, in fact the only absentee was scotty...mbn to take a day off. it's the 1500 megastack over at the rio tomorrow, 15k stacks, blinds start at 25/25, my worst nightmare lol, but folk are predicting a 5000 runner field so I shall be treating it as my main event. I think tony scraped into the PLO8 day2 so glgl to him, more updates in a day or 2
    Posted by yoyo
    Can tell you're getting on a bit Julian with comments like that ;)

Good luck for day 2 and all your events. Big turnout for the Venetian considering the owners stance regarding online poker....
  • edited June 2014
    been at the aria 2 days now, very nice it is too but the bed is way too soft for my liking. went to a nice seafood restaurant with scotty after his FT heroics, he was in good form & took the beat very well considering the stakes, cherry cokes all round. I jumped into day 1c of the venetian 1100, it ended up getting just over a 1000 runners & I return today, one of about 180 day 2 players with an average stack, a very playable 35bb. loads of UK pros showed up, Cody, Lewis, JP Kelly, in fact the only absentee was scotty...mbn to take a day off. it's the 1500 megastack over at the rio tomorrow, 15k stacks, blinds start at 25/25, my worst nightmare lol, but folk are predicting a 5000 runner field so I shall be treating it as my main event. I think tony scraped into the PLO8 day2 so glgl to him, more updates in a day or 2
    Posted by yoyo
    Obvious link here! You need to teach Ryan how to hold his cherry cokes!
  • edited June 2014
    ...don't even get me started on the water pressure in the shower,

day 2 in the 1100 at the venetian started ok but once again I think I tripped over myself 4b shoving AQ from the c/o into the active BBs KK....there was a slight wrinkle in the play of the hand when the button threw out a slightly bigger raise when he hadn't seen my initial raise....it kinda ended up looking like a squeeze from the BB, anyway, not a happy camper with how I played my last 40bb.

cash games continue to go well & it's 6 wins from 6 sessions as we speak, whudda thunk it, I'm in danger of having a break even trip if the run continues to hold....

had a good run in the huge 1500 megastack, had chipped up to 40k from 15k & promptly ran KK into AA quickly followed by AA getting busted by QQ when he pinged a str8 on the river.

it ain't all bad, the boy scotty is poised for yet another deep run in that event within another chance of making my mrs proud,

keep it up sunshine!
  • edited June 2014
    home tomorrow, really enjoyed the trip; struggled in the MTTs & tbh, with hindsight I just don't think my in game focus & my stamina were good enough; I made more than a handful of iffy plays & despite being well rested/not partying hard I spent a lot of the time yawning & daunted at the slow pace/long days...not good for a supposed MTT pro!

I unreg'd from yesterdays 1k after another long slog in a 1500 only to bust near the end of day 1; I chipped up early & made a mis-step trying to push the old guy off his hand, re-raising all-in w 88 on a Q77 when he had AA - that knocked me from 25k back to 7k but in true yoyo fashion I was up to 35k within 3 hands, as you can imagine it wasn't pretty lol...

I dribbled down to 20k at 300/600, a 7k stack moved in in the c/o, I re-shoved AQs on the button but the same old guy woke up w KK in the BB & I was toast...not sure whether flatting 7 & folding w 13 back is correct, but given the ooppenent it's hard to range him on anything worse...

cash continues to surprise, 10 from 10 winning sessions, absolutely loving it; it's just so nice to be anonymous as I tend to get stationed ALOT in the UK, here I can sit there quietly, make the odd move, get the folds when I need to, hey I even won a high hand jackpot at MGM for $100....as natalie bromley commented, 'was it ever in doubt'.

• edited June 2014
    wd yoyo rainman will be expecting you back in the 220@220 as soon as you touchdown