You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i think i played this hand badly please help

edited August 2014 in The Poker Clinic
SIREZ Small blind   75.00 75.00 3535.00
Kerrnal Big blind   150.00 225.00 5145.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

p0j0 Raise   300.00 525.00 7750.00
stetrfc Call   300.00 825.00 14327.50
nicknat118 Fold        
laura162 Fold        
SIREZ Call   225.00 1050.00 3310.00
Kerrnal Raise   1350.00 2400.00 3795.00
p0j0 Call   1200.00 3600.00 6550.00
stetrfc Call   1200.00 4800.00 13127.50
SIREZ Fold        
Flop

• K

Kerrnal Check        
p0j0 Check        
stetrfc Check        
Turn

• J

Kerrnal Bet   2550.00 7350.00 1245.00
p0j0 Fold        
stetrfc Call   2550.00 9900.00 10577.50
River

Kerrnal All-in   1245.00 11145.00 0.00
stetrfc Raise   2490.00 13635.00 8087.50
stetrfc Unmatched bet   1245.00 12390.00 9332.50
Kerrnal Show
  • K
  • K

stetrfc Show
  • Q

stetrfc Win Straight to the King 12390.00   21722.50

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Meh, I'd probably bet a small bit on the flop as it'd be expected you'd stab at the pot as pre-flop aggressor and people may call you down light here, easier to get it all in on the turn and maybe the draw folds out.

As is, you got a gutshot to fish and most of the time would have gotten most of their money on any other river card... maybe a full double up if a Q falls... good play you, questionable play / luckboxing villain.

Can't say there is a huge amount wrong...
  • edited June 2014
    Pre flop think your sizing is good but we have less than a PSB behind so if we bet we should probably shove. 

I would shove on that flop - There are 32 big blinds in the middle here that are important to our stack, if we get folds it is not the end of the world. There are 2 opponents aswell so if the flop is checked we're allowing a free card to not one villain but 2. Maybe take this line if we are heads up but certainly wouldnt slow play out of position vs 2 opponents.

Dont really like the bet size on the turn

• edited June 2014
    flop check is OK... board isn't too draw heavy and we have 2 players behind us which might bet. If we do bet I'd even make it really small like 1/3 pot and then shove turn. (I probably do this most of the time unless I have a read one of villains is aggro in which case I'm fine with the flop check) When turn comes and board gets a tad more scary, betting is definitely correct - although I think you might aswell just shove because if river comes horrible (as it is) your in a pretty horrible position where betting for value is questionable and you don't really want to c/f with how much you've already put in.
  • edited June 2014
    how can you possibly play a hand badly where you flop top set with that spr?

just gii on any street and you're golden
  • edited June 2014
    Tbh i would just bet bet bet...i would'nt ever check a king on the flop let alone a set. Perfect spot to get max value imo
  • edited June 2014
    Prefer a shove pre, as played bet 20/30% on the flop and ship turn. Def getting it in by turn at the latest.

UL run out though
  • edited June 2014
    You got two worse hand in the pot, so happy with the raise pre.
    A shove would have probably got folds.
    Would have bet the flop with two players in and a wet-ish board.
    Plus, one might call with an under-pair or top pair.
    The rest is just bad luck.
    Wouldn't lose any sleep over the hand either way.
  • edited June 2014
    Hand is WP.

Flop check is good. You block virtually all of the villain's calling range.

Turn you get villain to make an awful call considering the spr.

River is just meh.

• edited July 2014

you made the correct moves ,your opponent made the wrong descions and got lucky

just unlucky on the river

however i understand your chk on the flop,if u bet out there then im sur you win the hand on the flop,as the villan folds
  • edited July 2014
    Some good advise here as I just lost a hand in virtually the same circumstances, so am I right in saying that the best tactic is to bet a larger amount on the turn ? cant see another way of forcing the villain out
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: i think i played this hand badly please help:
    Some good advise here as I just lost a hand in virtually the same circumstances, so am I right in saying that the best tactic is to bet a larger amount on the turn ? cant see another way of forcing the villain out
    Posted by Winter0
    Any bigger bet on the turn would have to be an all in.....which is fine, but we don't really want to ''force them out'' when they only have 8 outs going to the river. We want to force them out when we have nothing/something marginal, not when we have a (temporary) lock on the hand.
  • edited August 2014
    I never give free cards with sets, had too many situations like this where you give a free card and then your opponent goes ahead or gets the up and down str8 draw going to the river. 
    The only time I give a free card is if I have the hand crushed on the flop e.g holding pocket kings and the flop comes 77k

I think you got unlucky with the villain hitting perfect perfect, you also have to question his/her call pre too with q10 off but giving free cards is a gamble, if you're going to do it then you have to accept that sometimes this kind of thing will happen.

• edited August 2014
    just jam turn.  nh though