You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Firefox update??

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Keep getting pop-ups to update my Firefox to v.30.0 but having read a few threads concerning the lobby after updating, i was wondering when is it safe to update?

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Firefox update??:
    Keep getting pop-ups to update my Firefox to v.30.0 but having read a few threads concerning the lobby after updating, i was wondering when is it safe to update?
    Posted by VespaPX
    NOT SAFE  :*(
    my firefox just auto-updated and now i cant play on it
    snifffff! :(
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Firefox update??:
    In Response to Firefox update?? : NOT SAFE  :*( my firefox just auto-updated and now i cant play on it snifffff! :(
    Posted by mrsduck
    Cheers Ducky x
  • edited June 2014
    Well mine still dosent work and seen as 'sky are working on it' it wont be safe to update till hm, i dunno... 2016?
  • edited June 2014
    OK. That answered my question. Couldnt understand why the lobby wouldn't open.
    Come on SKY, it cant be THAT difficult. Firefox is a major browser.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Firefox update?? : NOT SAFE  :*( my firefox just auto-updated and now i cant play on it snifffff! :(
    Posted by mrsduck
    Try using opera browser. It works quite nicely other than for posting hand historys on threads
  • edited June 2014
    I spoke to customer service the other day and they recommended Google Chrome which works fine, but I find it strange that they can't sort it out like someone said Firefox is one of the main players

In Response to Re: Firefox update?? : Try using opera browser. It works quite nicely other than for posting hand historys on threads
    Posted by GaryLaud
  • edited June 2014
    As well as FF problems (no player search, no table or hand history for at least 6 months and now no lobby) I'm also having problems on the download as the only thing that works is the lobby. Previously when I have opened the forums from the download it did so with IE by default for some reason and won't even do that now.

I contacted CC on Sunday after I tried a full deletion and reinstall, they couldn't offer any solution but I did get a fiver for my troubles. For a site that is trying to boost it's profile and attract players their software is a shambles.
  • edited June 2014
    As well as FF problems (no player search, no table or hand history for at least 6 months and now no lobby) I'm also having problems on the download as the only thing that works is the lobby. Previously when I have opened the forums from the download it did so with IE by default for some reason and won't even do that now.  I contacted CC on Sunday after I tried a full deletion and reinstall, they couldn't offer any solution but I did get a fiver for my troubles. For a site that is trying to boost it's profile and attract players their software is a shambles.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Does it launch ANY browser? I don't think it's hard-coded to use IE, rather it launches the default browser for your system (I've set mine to FF so it launches that). You can set FF to be the default in it's Options | Advanced (and tell it to check if it's the default at startup).

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Firefox update?? : Does it launch ANY browser? I don't think it's hard-coded to use IE, rather it launches the default browser for your system (I've set mine to FF so it launches that). You can set FF to be the default in it's Options | Advanced (and tell it to check if it's the default at startup).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You may be right. FF is my preferrred browser but had to stop using it when an update caused me problems. I'm back on FF now and everything was good for a while and I am loath to change back.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that we've identified and fixed the issue with using the lobby in the latest version of Firefox. Please let me or one of the team know if you still have any problems.

Cheers,

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • edited June 2014
    Hi everyone, Just to let you know that we've identified and fixed the issue with using the lobby in the latest version of Firefox. Please let me or one of the team know if you still have any problems. Cheers, Chris Sky Poker Technical Team
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    I can finally update my Firefox
    Cheers Chris
  • edited June 2014
    Sorted! Thanks, Chris.