You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Insulters on the tables

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables:
Ahh, didn't know that was a house rule - thanks apollo_11. Removed...though I think name and shaming would be one way to deal with them!
Posted by DannyMcs
could not agree with you more,NAME AND SHAME

Comments

• edited January 2010
    well guys you know my tongue can be quiet sharp sometimes lol !

but what i do now ,

if i see this c rap  starting up on another player ,

i say i have just contacted sky mods,

i stand up for the player who is been bullied ,

and sort the little worm out behind the keyboard,

who is doing the bullying,

but i dont get into name calling,

i say skymod are you getting this,

please consider chat banning this bully,

these bullies normaly have only one brain cell ,

so are easily fooled,

if that fails just report them proper to cc .

over and out roborover

• edited January 2010
    well guys you know my tongue can be quiet sharp sometimes lol ! but what i do now , if i see this c rap  starting up on another player , i say i have just contacted sky mods, i stand up for the player who is been bullied , and sort the little worm out behind the keyboard, who is doing the bullying, but i dont get into name calling, i say skymod are you getting this, please consider chat banning this bully, these bullies normaly have only one brain cell , so are easily fooled, if that fails just report them proper to cc . over and out roborover
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Note to self,   DO NOT BE RUDE TO IRISHROVER,  she is scary smart. (assuming she, because of avatar, but I have been known to be wrong abut tjis lol)

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : Note to self,   DO NOT BE RUDE TO IRISHROVER,  she is scary smart. (assuming she, because of avatar, but I have been known to be wrong abut tjis lol)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Er... She is a He :), and yes very scary ;)
  • edited January 2010
    poker is an emotional game (maybe because money is involved lol?) so when someone is not out it is quite common for them to go in 'psycho' mode and just rain down insults... i personally enjoy the argument and think its funny but i understand some people are offended so my advice would be to ignore them/report them or something but the main thing is dont let it get to you. i know there are some people who also just randomly start abusing people... these guys are such idiots but are usually terrible at poker and its always funny to see the entire table turn against them.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol never would have guessed.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : I stuck a suggestion in the appropriate forum about a "request moderator" button or even a report abuse which would flag up the chat to customer care or someone put in place to deal with this kind of thing. A few chat bans here and there would sort the majority of the problems out
    Posted by EEN
    On other site I play....I wont name.......but all u have to do is type in poker manager and they come st8 on the table and ask what the problem is.

PROBLEM SOLVED
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : Er... She is a He :), and yes very scary ;)
    Posted by acebarry10

Opps, by trying not be insulting I have just been very insulting.  OH the IRONY 

Please accept my sincere apologies Mr Rover,  Nice Avatar by the way  

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Insulters on the tables:
    Is it just me or is it that no-one can understand why there are insulters at the tables, I have just been at a table and I won a pot which sent the other guy all in, afterwards he spent the next half an hour just plain insulting me in the chat box, now anyone who has chatted to me knows I try to be as nice as I can on the tables but eventually I couldnt help but fire back with a few witty comments. But anyways I am not complaining really cause if it happens I can handle myself I try to vier it off course without having to fire back at him but he wouldnt back down, but why do people feel they need to insult once something like this happens. Maybe I played the hand wrong, personally I feel I didnt but everyone may have there own opinion, but when it happens and you feel hard done by surely you don't fire out at the person for it thats not nice or fair really, if it bothered him that much why not just leave the tables and calm down not just insult. I just can't see why we cant all respect eachother and get along, I play poker as much for the social side, admittedly only online atm, but still the talking in the chat box and the forums I play just as much for that as the game itself.
    Posted by Spike2120
    its human nature,no1 likes 2 b hard done by or made 2 look like a chump,and when theres money involved it intensifies..when u get chumped out of a tourney instant reaction isnt 2 congratulate the chumpee on his poor play/good fortune,but is 2 rip the **** out of them,not overly sporting but saves the missus getting it..if i get lukky(which isnt very often) i cant help but 2 feel a little sorry and embarrassed,but thats poker and onto the next hand...most of these people probably arent that confrontational in life,but behind their technobox they grow in stature,knowing they'll probably never ever meet you/me in the real world..i think what is worse is when ur outed out of tourney etc. and they comment on ur play even tho they were the chump that got lukky..they can justify their poor call by winning after all...
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : On other site I play....I wont name.......but all u have to do is type in poker manager and they come st8 on the table and ask what the problem is. PROBLEM SOLVED
    Posted by xFALLENx
    Its a great idea, but that would probably mean more staff to employ.. which isnt going to happen :P
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : Its a great idea, but that would probably mean more staff to employ.. which isnt going to happen :P
    Posted by EEN
    I asked somebody who works for the site how they do and they said when somebody types in poker manager they are alerted and then look on the table.
  • edited January 2010
    i think he was playing out of his bankroll and getting beat like that made him angry lol just contact sky and they will sort it
  • edited January 2010
    every time they abuse you..just put :)

Fitz
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Insulters on the tables : Opps, by trying not be insulting I have just been very insulting.  OH the IRONY  Please accept my sincere apologies Mr Rover,  Nice Avatar by the way  
    Posted by JockBMW
    no probs lol,

yes and my avatar is nice !

she makes my bad beat troubles easier.