You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what a load of stuff that commonly hits the fan

I can't believe how cr appy this site has become.
there is no randomness to the rng.
pet players win most of the hands, premium or not.
time rigging to the max.
and finally, lord help you if you decide to withdraw any substantial amount of your bankroll. because they will punish you brutally if you take that much money out of the collective pool.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    2 and a bit years to work that out?

Robbing xxxxers
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to what a load of sh it:
    I can't believe how cr appy this site has become. there is no randomness to the rng. pet players win most of the hands, premium or not. time rigging to the max. and finally, lord help you if you decide to withdraw any substantial amount of your bankroll. because they will punish you brutally if you take that much money out of the collective pool.
    Posted by zammo19720
    Can you expand on this?
  • edited June 2014

Hey Zammo!......'just say no'
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it:
    Hey Zammo!......'just say no'
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I doubt many on here will get that.
    Unfortunately, I'm old and lolled.
    Wp
  • edited June 2014
    I'm sorry to hear you won't be playing on here anymore.......
  • edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCLs0jv_Efk
    Posted by cenachav
    Absolute classic lol...Rollaaaaand was hilarious
  • edited June 2014
    Why is any withdrawal penalty a problem to you, with your opinion of Sky poker surely you are withdrawing everything and playing elsewhere.
  • edited June 2014
    I have never seen any rules that state you get punished if you take out your bankrole?  Oh wait....................

That means you have now lost out on the £66 promo free prize draw! - UL

sigh........  I think we need a "before you post" suggestion box pop up if you are putting a post up and have not posted 50+ times yet - at least then we may stop these ones - but they are funny all the same

Run well
  • edited June 2014
    it was a rant people, after some horrible beats, Gordon Bennett!!!
  • edited June 2014
    It wasn't a rant.

It was not only questioning the integrity of the site, it also suggested that Sky poker was untoward/fraudulent/criminal in some aspects.
  • edited June 2014
    It wasn't a rant. It was not only questioning the integrity of the site, it also suggested that Sky poker was untoward/fraudulent/criminal in some aspects.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    And isn't it?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : And isn't it?
    Posted by igimc
    Lets have a look at all that proof and evidence you've collected over the years then....

I'm sure your case is water tight.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : Lets have a look at all that proof and evidence you've collected over the years then.... I'm sure your case is water tight.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    First of all, I haven't said it is.
    I'm just not gullible enough to believe that
    It isn't. Without anything to back that up
    Except the old "why would they" argument. 
    Why would MPs fake their expenses....
    Why would NOTW hack phones....

The answer. ....Because they could...

Just because YOU can't see a reason, doesn't
    mean there isn't one that's waaaayyyy over
    your head....

"Why would they ain't good enough.
    Rant over.:)

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : First of all, I haven't said it is. I'm just not gullible enough to believe that It isn't. Without anything to back that up Except the old "why would they" argument.  Why would MPs fake their expenses.... Why would NOTW hack phones.... The answer. ....Because they could... Just because YOU can't see a reason, doesn't mean there isn't one that's waaaayyyy over your head.... "Why would they ain't good enough. Rant over.:)
    Posted by igimc
    Are you on glue?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : First of all, I haven't said it is. I'm just not gullible enough to believe that It isn't. Without anything to back that up Except the old "why would they" argument.  Why would MPs fake their expenses.... Why would NOTW hack phones.... The answer. ....Because they could... Just because YOU can't see a reason, doesn't mean there isn't one that's waaaayyyy over your head.... "Why would they ain't good enough. Rant over.:)
    Posted by igimc
    So people who believe the site to be sound (generally winning players) are gullible?

And people who believe something untoward happens here (generally losing players) are not gullible?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : Are you on glue?
    Posted by Jac35
    And there he is.
    Where dumb is dumbers not far behind.

Or are yous the same person?.. hmmmm. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : So people who believe the site to be sound (generally winning players) are gullible? And people who believe something untoward happens here (generally losing players) are not gullible?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    That's a big generalisation. Based on no facts whatsoever
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : And there he is. Where dumb is dumbers not far behind. Or are yous the same person?.. hmmmm. 
    Posted by igimc
    The irony is wonderful

Call me dumb and then.... 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : The irony is wonderful Call me dumb and then.... 
    Posted by Jac35
    Criticise someone's grammar...lolz
    You know what I think when I see someone do that
    "Small"
    Good comeback peewee
  • edited June 2014
    Think this thread had the right title because that's all i've read on it.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : Criticise someone's grammar...lolz You know what I think when I see someone do that "Small" Good comeback peewee
    Posted by igimc
    Oh go on then.

You know what I think when I see the dross you write?
    Oh, nevermind
  • edited June 2014
    Think this thread had the right title because that's all i've read on it.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Oh, come on Vespa.

Maxally was funny :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : Oh, come on Vespa. Maxally was funny :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Haha i'll give you that one.
  • edited June 2014
    Posted by igimc

No, the answer was because it made them more money they didnt do it just for the craic! 

Using that logic though, I dont see how sky would make more money from a rigged rng. Someone will always come up with the "to create action and therefore more rake" argument but anyone who has ever played this wonderful game will know you do not need to be holding premium hands to see action. The game creates action all by itself which is why it's such a popular game to begin with. Secondly, that argument only applies to cash games in any case. Tourneys and sng's lift the same rake whether your AA holds or gets out drawn by 7 2 off.

I think the biggest argument that shows the rng is not rigged is sharkscope graphs. If the rng was rigged how can you explain the very very smooth graphs (upwards or downwards) when players have big sample sizes?! If the rng was rigged with probabilities all over the place surely this wouldnt be possible?! These smooth graphs only lend weight to the argument that over a big sample size the probabilities are reliable.

The players who play the most online poker also tend to play across multiple sites, surely by doing this they would notice a rigged rng and not come back? Why would sky want to scare off their most profitable and reliable income streams?! Maybe you'd say the site fixes the rng for profitable regs to keep they coming back?! but if the new players just lose they wouldnt come back and the regs would have nothing to feed off and also there are plenty of regs with very smooth downward graphs. Two graphs at the bottom to highlight this.

Finally, if poker sites were rigged surely someone would have proved it by now. It couldnt be that hard?

There's plenty of arguments why they wouldnt choose to have a fixed rng, Ive yet to hear one plausible argument why they would want one.

Balanced post over :)

• edited June 2014
    Great post JD 

Unfortunately you're wasting your time with some people

• edited June 2014
    thanks mate and I know. 

You just cant talk to people when glue's involved :)

I just cant resist a good argument though.

• edited June 2014
    Just my 10p worth on the "why would they"...
    As a company, if companies could run themselves, they wouldn't. BUt there are corrupt individuals all over. So in answer to the question... Because the crppy gambling company THEY work for, doesn't pay enough and doesn't care if their staff rip off customers, as long as they implement some sort of security and abide by the rules as a whole. Individuals can be blamed and punished individually, when caught.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : Absolute classic lol...Rollaaaaand was hilarious
    Posted by igimc

WOW!! 737 posts and this is the first one from you where you haven't been negative or just rude.
    Congrats.

Keep it up.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: what a load of sh it : And isn't it?
    Posted by igimc

Spoke too soon I guess.