You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

July's Priority Promotion - Team Sky Poker

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
As promised, here are the details of how to qualify for Team Sky Poker in July.

First of all, you will need to earn a total of 10,000 points in June.

By doing so, you will qualify for the Priority World Cup Final - in which the first of 10 TSP positions will be given away to the winner.

The next way to win will be by earning points. We'll be giving 5 TSP spots to the top 5 points earners in July. There's no restrictions on how the points are earned, but I can see how this may be a bit more attractive for cash players, so...

...we'll be given away 2 TSP spots to SNG players. This will be a seperate points race, in which, only points earned in SNGs will be taken into account. This will run for 2 weeks, from the 7th until the 20th July, inclusive. The overall winner will grab him/herself a spot, and players finishing 2nd-7th will play off for the second.

The final 2 TSP spots will be decided in a MTT promotion that really is open to everyone. (Everyone in Priority, obviously). This will run between the 14th and the 27th July, inclusive, and will be based on cashes in the daily Main and Mini tournaments. The player with the highest cumulative cashes during the promotional period will win a TSP spot, with 2nd-7th position playing off for the final spot.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Left myself open for a few obvious questions.

Winning a spot on Team Sky Poker would mean you will be representing Sky Poker at the UKPC in August. We will pay you into the tournament, and suppy merchandise which you will be required to wear, in order to claim the seat.

There will be a TSP last longer in the main event, and we'll be offering bonuses for final table and winning outright.

If you've already won a UKPC Seat with Sky Poker, you will still qualify to be on Team Sky Poker, and we'll offer you an £800 cash alternative. If you've qualified elsewhere, we will only offer this cash alternative after the event, providing you play.

If you haven't already won a UKPC seat, but would like a cash alternative, we'll be offering £600.

If anyone has any more questions, ask away, or drop me an email on priority@sky.com.

Cheers
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    Only a few days left to get yourself into Priority and give yourself a chance at winning a spot on TSP. 

Don't forget, the points race starts at 00.01 on the 1st July. 

Cheers, 
    JP
  • edited June 2014
    I am probably just reading this wrong? but you are saying for this promotion you must make priority this month (the quietest month of the year so far) and you are only giving people 4 days notice to do so??  surelly it should have been made clear at the start of this month that making priority was imperative for the TSP promotion you are running the following month?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: July's Priority Promotion - Team Sky Poker:
    I am probably just reading this wrong? but you are saying for this promotion you must make priority this month (the quietest month of the year so far) and you are only giving people 4 days notice to do so??  surelly it should have been made clear at the start of this month that making priority was imperative for the TSP promotion you are running the following month?
    Posted by jordz16
    You should have had an email at the beginning of the month telling you about next month's promo.  Also, the initial two messages were posted on the 22nd.

Get grinding!
  • edited June 2014
    Sounds like Team Sky Poker gonna be brill -- win a place in a freeroll by donating lots of money to the site :)

Elite

• edited June 2014
    Jordz, an email was sent out at the start of this month,  and I also put the promotion on here within the first week, stating that players would need to be in priority to take part. I apologise if you missed this. 

rancid,  the MTT promotion won't require winners to pay much rake at all, but I admit that the other 2 TSP promotions are aimed at rewarding some of our top players. 

Although the winners will be freerolling, I would find it hard to describe the UKPC as a freeroll. 

Cheers, 
    JP. 
  • edited June 2014

hi jp

i strongly disagree with your policy of reducing the amount going to those who have already won a seat.  remember they have paid, played and won their way through.  to be disadvantaged is pretty poor.

when you announced this a few weeks ago, i simply gave up trying to win 10,000 points again this month. 

in future, i urge you to reconsider that approach, it is taking advantage of the very people who have engaged fully with the site.

• edited June 2014
    Jordz, an email was sent out at the start of this month,  and I also put the promotion on here within the first week, stating that players would need to be in priority to take part. I apologise if you missed this.  rancid,  the MTT promotion won't require winners to pay much rake at all, but I admit that the other 2 TSP promotions are aimed at rewarding some of our top players.  Although the winners will be freerolling, I would find it hard to describe the UKPC as a freeroll.  Cheers,  JP. 
    Posted by Sky_JP
    "First of all, you will need to earn a total of 10,000 points in June.

By doing so, you will qualify for the Priority World Cup Final - in which the first of 10 TSP positions will be given away to the winner."

So you have to get 10,000 points ie. pay some rake yo!
    Then you can play a freeroll into an MTT where you can may finish top 10 and get in TSP

Elitism at it's best

Where is the fair chance for all

You may aswell just reward big rake players in private than offering TSP as some sort of reward

I feel it really lowers the esteem of TSP and makes a mockery of if all

anyway what are the benefits of TSP - if any ?

Why should I get 10,000 points and then maybe I can crapshoot into TSP - for what ?

Do I get a hoody which I could buy for like £5.

good day

• edited June 2014
    In Response to July's Priority Promotion - Team Sky Poker:
    As promised, here are the details of how to qualify for Team Sky Poker in July. First of all, you will need to earn a total of 10,000 points in June. By doing so, you will qualify for the Priority World Cup Final - in which the first of 10 TSP positions will be given away to the winner. The next way to win will be by earning points. We'll be giving 5 TSP spots to the top 5 points earners in July. There's no restrictions on how the points are earned, but I can see how this may be a bit more attractive for cash players, so... ...we'll be given away 2 TSP spots to SNG players. This will be a seperate points race, in which, only points earned in SNGs will be taken into account. This will run for 2 weeks, from the 7th until the 20th July, inclusive. The overall winner will grab him/herself a spot, and players finishing 2nd-7th will play off for the second. The final 2 TSP spots will be decided in a MTT promotion that really is open to everyone. (Everyone in Priority, obviously). This will run between the 14th and the 27th July, inclusive, and will be based on cashes in the daily Main and Mini tournaments. The player with the highest cumulative cashes during the promotional period will win a TSP spot, with 2nd-7th position playing off for the final spot.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Thanks for the notice.  Great
  • edited June 2014
    Jordz, an email was sent out at the start of this month,  and I also put the promotion on here within the first week, stating that players would need to be in priority to take part. I apologise if you missed this.  rancid,  the MTT promotion won't require winners to pay much rake at all, but I admit that the other 2 TSP promotions are aimed at rewarding some of our top players.  Although the winners will be freerolling, I would find it hard to describe the UKPC as a freeroll.  Cheers,  JP. 
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Why would you not put this top of the promotion page. The page for ...PROMOTIONS ???

or even just started this thread on the 1st of June. 
  • edited June 2014
    the 27th July, inclusive, and will be based on cashes in the daily Main and Mini tournaments. The player with the highest cumulative cashes during the promotional period will win a TSP spot
    How does cumulative cashes work exactly? 
  • edited June 2014
    Left myself open for a few obvious questions. Winning a spot on Team Sky Poker would mean you will be representing Sky Poker at the UKPC in August. We will pay you into the tournament, and suppy merchandise which you will be required to wear, in order to claim the seat. There will be a TSP last longer in the main event, and we'll be offering bonuses for final table and winning outright. If you've already won a UKPC Seat with Sky Poker, you will still qualify to be on Team Sky Poker, and we'll offer you an £800 cash alternative. If you've qualified elsewhere, we will only offer this cash alternative after the event, providing you play. If you haven't already won a UKPC seat, but would like a cash alternative, we'll be offering £600. If anyone has any more questions, ask away, or drop me an email on priority@sky.com. Cheers JP
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Why didn't you just say that on the 1st June - I would of made sure I got 10,000 points

godamit!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: July's Priority Promotion - Team Sky Poker : Why would you not put this top of the promotion page. The page for ...PROMOTIONS.  or even just started this thread on the 1st of June. 
    Posted by 1267
    Thread started 6th June...

• edited June 2014
    No I didnt see the promotion or know anything about it until i noticed this thread.. i regularly check the forum and promotions page so its been pretty well disguised... if i had seen it then i would have made sure i got priority, but with 3k points right now its really not worth me going for it. personally i feel like there is a lot of problem with this promotion in general, but oh well i will give it a shot next time.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: July's Priority Promotion - Team Sky Poker : Why would you not put this top of the promotion page. The page for ...PROMOTIONS ??? or even just started this thread on the 1st of June. 
    Posted by 1267
    Bump

That rug you're sweeping these questions under must be getting abit bumpy.
  • edited June 2014
    Apologies gents, I've been on annual leave for the past week.

As always, if you need a response urgently, email priority@sky.com, I will however, response ASAP on here.

1267, you may have noticed that Priority promotions are generally not pushed on the promotions page. This is because they apply to such a small percentage of players. I do want them there, and it's something I'm trying to push through atm. The prizes for this promotion were "signed off" on the 5th June, and I put the details I had on here on the 6th. I do see your point however, and will try to give as much notice as possible in the future.

Ivanovic, in the MTT promotion, we're literally going to add up all cashes from daily main and mini tournaments during the promotional period (14th - 27th). Whoever wins the most in total, wins.
  • edited July 2014
    jp,
    the email that was sent out to priority players where it says you can check the leaderboard for the points race, when i click on the link in the email it doesnt show me the leaderboard, is this just me being stupid or is there not a leaderboard up yet???

• edited July 2014
    jp, the email that was sent out to priority players where it says you can check the leaderboard for the points race, when i click on the link in the email it doesnt show me the leaderboard, is this just me being stupid or is there not a leaderboard up yet???
    Posted by PhilAny2_Q

hope this helps phil :)

• edited July 2014
    cheers liam its because i was looking on my ipad it wouldnt let me scroll down