You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash out option!!!

Comments

• edited June 2014

If the form book is anything to go by, a couple of years at the very least. 
  • edited June 2014
    I seem to be missing something with this "great" offer.

Why would you want to cash out on a winning accumulator, surely if you fancied an outcome in the first place, nothing has changed because you got your first outcomes up.

If you are doubtful of the future outcomes just lay the bet.
  • edited June 2014

do you think that the bookies introduced these because they better for the punter?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Cash out option!!!:
    do you think that the bookies introduced these because they better for the punter?
    Posted by SHANXTA

LOL
  • edited June 2014
    CASH OUT IS FOR F KING RE TARDS

AND WHO THE F UK BETS WITH SKYBET????   WORST F KING ODDS IN THE BUSINESS BY A COUNTRY MILE!!!

• edited June 2014
    cash out option u dnt get nearly enough of what u want for instance say u have £400 running accy onto a 6/4 so the bet is worth a grand the cash out option would be like £300 not the £400 that is running on so like father v said if u got the money its better to lay your bet 
  • edited June 2014
    This has got my interest, as I have an acca running on The Argies to win the World Cup. Even by my silly standards, I'm due a big un if they come in. As I've backed it with P Power I popped on last week, clicked the 'cash out' option (just for curiosity purposes), it said I have no bets that qualify. So I really don't know how this works.

Anyways... Messi!!!! Messi!!!! Meeessiiiiiii!!!!!
  • edited June 2014
    Eeveryons seems to be bringing ot out at the mo , but even on betfair exchange - the best odds - its always a few pence less str8 away. Still worth doing i think . I prefer than doing each way bets - Just put more on the win withthe intention off laying so much off it off
  • edited July 2014
    This has got my interest, as I have an acca running on The Argies to win the World Cup. Even by my silly standards, I'm due a big un if they come in. As I've backed it with P Power I popped on last week, clicked the 'cash out' option (just for curiosity purposes), it said I have no bets that qualify. So I really don't know how this works. Anyways... Messi!!!! Messi!!!! Meeessiiiiiii!!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    don't think pp do cash out on acca's, just on selected single bets
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Cash out option!!! : don't think pp do cash out on acca's, just on selected single bets
    Posted by pixie919
    I can confirm that they offered me (very poor odds) on cashing out on Justin Rose last weekend throughout the US golf coverage. I backed him win only, and ew after round 1. Interestingly, only the win only bet was offered for cashing out. Fortunately I held my nerve (though I wasn't too chuffed when he dumped his approach on the 72nd hole into the lake, and the cash out offer became pennies lol). 
  • edited July 2014
    Just had a nose now. I've backed Donaldson for the French golf. Got 22/1 pre event. Again backed him win only, and ew in separate bets. And again, they are only offering cash out on the win only part, at a rate just over even money. Thieving t@ats lol....
  • edited July 2014
    I seem to be missing something with this "great" offer. Why would you want to cash out on a winning accumulator, surely if you fancied an outcome in the first place, nothing has changed because you got your first outcomes up. If you are doubtful of the future outcomes just lay the bet.
    Posted by vaigret
    Bookies are clever and it's hard to say no to cash right there in your pocket. Also for the average punter who may not know correctly how to lay their bet, cashing out is an easier option. 
  • edited July 2014
    This has got my interest, as I have an acca running on The Argies to win the World Cup. Even by my silly standards, I'm due a big un if they come in. As I've backed it with P Power I popped on last week, clicked the 'cash out' option (just for curiosity purposes), it said I have no bets that qualify. So I really don't know how this works. Anyways... Messi!!!! Messi!!!! Meeessiiiiiii!!!!!
    Posted by joesman1
    Still no option to cash out on The Argies. Lost a bit backing The Dutch to progress when they got to penalties. I've now got Germany as the last leg on two accumulators (both have 1st couple up). If they fail, it's dig deep and have a chunk on them to lift the trophy at 8/11 as it stands atm. Enough to be in profit, but still much prefer my original bet coming in. 
  • edited August 2014
    The cash out option from sprtsbooks is a terrible idea, designed to skim money from lazy mugs. The bookies wouldn't spend money on developing / licensing software and advertising if there was any advantage for the customer. When you're betting at brutally unfair over rounds you're essentially compounding 1 negative expectation bet with another (not good!!)

Here's an article from the smartersig blog that may explain it better: