You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Adverse weather/travel conditions - should sky be proactive and postpone SPT leg 2??

edited January 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
with the weather and travel difficulties at moment, is it too late for skypoker to postpone leg 2?? what a shame it would be for those that are unable to travel

Comments

• edited January 2010
    My Ferries , Trains and Hotel are already paid for.
    The weather forecast for Thursday nite is light northerly winds so the ferry won't be effected.
    Train from Aberdeen to Newcastle is fingers crossed.

Another Colin for Newcastle
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2010
    I can safely say that the event will go ahead as planned.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Adverse weather/travel conditions - should sky be proactive and postpone SPT leg 2??:
    No one has got it yet!!!!!....The OP will be away @ work so will miss this leg of the tour! Sorry to drop that BOMB shell on your thread Mr JAEGER sir..... (I will buy you a pint or two @ DTD in September to make it up to you) Stay warm out there m8 and see you back on the tables soon.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol busted!!!!

just on a quick cuppa break.

home next wednesday.....wild out here
  • edited January 2010
    I ma currently snowed in, meh. :(
  • edited January 2010
    im travelling from sheffield to newcastle, live updates that trains are running tonight on the same route so hopefully i should be alright saturday 
  • edited January 2010
    I've just got in touch with National Rail enquires and according to them there are no significant timetable changes with trains between Manchester Airport and Glasgow/Edinburgh and there will be an additional 2 services laid on.

To those who have qualified but who are going to have difficulty in trying to make Newcastle, my suggestion would possibly be to try how difficult it may be to get to Manchester and get on the train i'm getting straight to Newcastle first thing Saturday Morning:

Depart Manchester Piccadilly 07:26

Arrive Newcastle 10:04

At the moment i would rate my chances of getting to Newcastle in time for the event at around 80%.