You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

7000 games!

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Tonight I will play my 7000th game on Sky. My compliments to Sky and its community as Im enjoying the site now just as much as I was after my 100th game!

A special mention to Tikay as his genuine love for the game and his encouragment to others has been a real stand out for me during my time here.

Sky TV channel is also a big plus and something that other sites cannot match.

Best community online for sure as I have played on several sites and none come close to sky. A big shout out for all the gang on the omaha dym tables as apart from the odd one or two players its the great fun and banther from the majority of players that has me coming back to the sky tables.

I'd like to mention a few names that for me deserve a gold star ....Macacgirl1, Stuarty117, Jac35, Avonmum, Dawn1983, Sillysilve, Kerninho, Wanderer74, Lalala631, Marsh447 and Pompeynic come to mind....Im sure Ive left many out!

Good luck at the tables!
Ger

Comments

• edited June 2014
    As you mentioned me, I hope you win your 7000th game :)
    Given your record, you probably will :)

Gl Ger
  • edited June 2014
    nice 1 gerardirl always good playing you and chatting gl m8 and see you on the tables tonight
  • edited June 2014
    Top bloke
    Top player
    GL Ger
  • edited June 2014
    Hi ger

Ty for the mention

people like you make poker fun and relaxing after a hard day at work always chatting in the chat box.

Ps. Might have a challenge for you soon.
  • edited June 2014

Many, many, congratulations Ger, that's quite something.

Those who don't frequent the PLO & PLO8 DYM's will not know this, but Ger is Mother Hen to all of us, goes round all the tables every night, settles arguments, gets players to chill out when things get a bit hot, oils the conversational wheels, (even says "good evening" to every one) & generally tries to do decent things.

Above all, Ger understands one very simple thing - for us recreational players (99% of us), poker is a game to be enjoyed.   

I open this Forum every morning, & it's quite depressing some days, with so much moaning & groaning & general negativity, but Ger is a breath of fresh air.

You are a credit to poker, to Ireland, & to Sky Poker.

Here's to the next 7,000. 

• edited June 2014
    I'd like to mention a few names that for me deserve a gold star ....Macacgirl1, Stuarty117, Jac35, Avonmum, Dawn1983, Sillysilve, Kerninho, Wanderer74, Lalala631, Marsh447 and Pompeynic come to mind....Im sure Ive left many out!

cough cough

Mother

xx

• edited June 2014

Motherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 
  • edited June 2014
    Many congratulations Gerard on your milestone, and, at your win rate a very profitable milestone to reach as well.
    Very friendly and willing to have a laugh and offer advice top bloke.
    look forward to many more games with you
    nick
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: 7000 games!:
    Motherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Evening Mr K, how lovely to hear from you, although i am keeping up to date on your antics via your blogs, very er erm entertaining(?)

Have to say my bankroll has dramatically increased during your absence, so please dont hurry back. Our little team off PLO8'ers are doing great too and to be honest dont think your absence has been noticed. So stay as long as you like, not bothered, not missing you at all, nope we're fine, dont worry about us you just stay where you are and play poker with lots of people you dont know, who dont chat to you, abuse you talk about concrete etc etc etc.

Mother

xx

• edited June 2014
    OMG yes I forgot to mention Amarie, MrTedduk, Churchy, Vespa and many many more.....what a community!!

Please playing with you all and gl!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: 7000 games! : Evening Mr K, how lovely to hear from you, although i am keeping up to date on your antics via your blogs, very er erm entertaining(?) Have to say my bankroll has dramatically increased during your absence, so please dont hurry back. Our little team off PLO8'ers are doing great too and to be honest dont think your absence has been noticed. So stay as long as you like, not bothered, not missing you at all, nope we're fine, dont worry about us you just stay where you are and play poker with lots of people you dont know, who dont chat to you, abuse you talk about concrete etc etc etc. Mother xx
    Posted by Amarie

Right, that does it.

When I get home, I'm heading to the PLO8 DYM's & am so gonna give you grief.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: 7000 games! : Right, that does it.   When I get home, I'm heading to the PLO8 DYM's & am so gonna give you grief.
    Posted by Tikay10

Ooooooo value !
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to 7000 games!:
    Hi all, Tonight I will play my 7000th game on Sky. My compliments to Sky and its community as Im enjoying the site now just as much as I was after my 100th game! A special mention to Tikay as his genuine love for the game and his encouragment to others has been a real stand out for me during my time here. Sky TV channel is also a big plus and something that other sites cannot match. Best community online for sure as I have played on several sites and none come close to sky. A big shout out for all the gang on the omaha dym tables as apart from the odd one or two players its the great fun and banther from the majority of players that has me coming back to the sky tables. I'd like to mention a few names that for me deserve a gold star ....Macacgirl1, Stuarty117, Jac35, Avonmum, Dawn1983, Sillysilve, Kerninho, Wanderer74, Lalala631, Marsh447 and Pompeynic come to mind....Im sure Ive left many out! Good luck at the tables! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    congrats on 7000 games. But how do you know it is 7000 as i have looked in my profile and places  but cannot find a total games i,ve played. Would be nice to know that figue.
      Cheers and happy times

• edited June 2014
    In Response to 7000 games! : congrats on 7000 games. But how do you know it is 7000 as i have looked in my profile and places  but cannot find a total games i,ve played. Would be nice to know that figue.   Cheers and happy times
    Posted by changling
    Sharkscope
  • edited June 2014
    Looking forward to having you back Tikay! 

Just for the record I lost game 7000 and miserably too first out after a few minutes! Time to regroup and rebuild :).
  • edited June 2014
    Wow what a milestone!!

Very impressive keep up great work :)