You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Possibly the weirdest spot i have ever seen. Sick ICM spot for Mike "timex" Mcdonald

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
2014 PCA SUPER HIGH ROLLER BUBBLE.

Cant find the video else I would have just posted that. It might be on 4OD or something.

Just bear in mind Dan Shak was previously all in and at risk with 11 outs in a massive pot with only the river to come...and he hit. Then............

The blinds are 30/60k with a 10k ante. 2 SUPER DUPER short stacks with 40k (Paul Newey) and 70k (Mike Mcdonald) and were are on the £200k and then some bubble.

Paul Newey puts his 30k in UTG with 96 off, its folded round to Timex in the cut off who has KQ off. Timex looks like his head is going to explode and calls!! Sb wakes up with 44 and calls but Fabien Quoss raises with AQ clubs and the sb gets out of the way.

Quoss hit the Ace on the flop, Newey turns a 6 to give him a glimmer of hope and Vanessa Selbts asks Mike "Is this the biggest sweat you've ever had when youre drawing dead?" LOL.
Newey doesn't improve, Quoss eliminates them both and Newey is the bubble boy.

Crazy crazy spot, especially on a super high roller bubble! The table was a mixture of laughter and amazement.

Comments

• edited June 2014
    ICM IS A LOAD OF S HIT.  ONLY F KING RE TARDS PAY ANY ATTENTION TO ICM
  • edited June 2014
    Saw this last night its an easy call because he covers the guy that is shoving with just 3 antes i believe and with the big blind in aswel its 2 v 1 to cash for 217k 
  • edited June 2014
    Wouldn't say its an easy call.

His KQ is ahead of Newey's any 2 shove range, but the likelihood is that the SB is gonna make up with almost any 2 cards, and the BB has to play his cards, so you could argue a fold and hope that one of the blinds does the job for him.

Close either way, as you could tell on timex's face.
  • edited June 2014
    I think what makes it even more interesting is if Mike folds and Newey survives the hand and doubles up Mike takes 60k into the next hand and Newey is in the BB for 60k plus 10k ante, leaving him 10k IF he decided to fold the BB. I don't think I've ever seen 2 stack so short. Especially in a tournament bubble.
  • edited June 2014
    what a shambles to get that short on a min cash bubble is ridic

players should be ashamed

:D