You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Wimbledon 2014

edited July 2014 in Betting Chat
Just had my 1st bet at this years champs. I'm struggling to see why Isner is 150/1. He's in Nadal's and Federer's 1/2 of the draw. Neither are guaranteed to go deep. Isner's serve is a weapon of mass destruction against the weaker players. - 58 aces so far, and only two double faults. That's the equivilant of nearly 15 games out of the 40 he's won in 6 sets... So 75/1 to reach the final is good enough for me. 

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Federes figures must be similar, maybe not aces but unreturned !
    He's eased through and will destroy Isner in any point that lasts long than 3 shots.

75 -1 does seem big mind. GL

Dimitrov Federer final for me.  Changing of the guard. 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon 2014:
    Federes figures must be similar, maybe not aces but unreturned ! He's eased through and will destroy Isner in any point that lasts long than 3 shots. 75 -1 does seem big mind. GL Dimitrov Federer final for me.  Changing of the guard. 
    Posted by 1267
    Chance !
  • edited July 2014
    Federes figures must be similar, maybe not aces but unreturned ! He's eased through and will destroy Isner in any point that lasts long than 3 shots. 75 -1 does seem big mind. GL Dimitrov Federer final for me.  Changing of the guard. 
    Posted by 1267
    V good shout whatever happens.

All the neutrals with Fed!

(and Eugenie <3 )
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon 2014 : V good shout whatever happens. All the neutrals with Fed! (and Eugenie <3 )
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Better shout than me. For the 1000th time, if I fancy something keep schtum, it might then come in. 
  • edited July 2014
    I think it looks pretty certain now that Roger's slam record will not be beaten.

I really think Dimitrov will be the big star for the next 8-10 years, and will win 10+ slams himself, would be nice for him to beat Federer, the same way Federer beat Sampras all them years ago.

Would obviously be over the moon if Federer won though, one of the greatest sportsman ever !

Federer -5.5 games handicap looks big today .    11/4  

Obviously tiebreaks expected, but fancy Federers block return to do the business, espeically since Raonic never serve volleys.
    Famcy a couple of breaks from the great man.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon 2014 : Better shout than me. For the 1000th time, if I fancy something keep schtum, it might then come in. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Who did Isner go out to? Hard to say really if 150/1 was ever a good bet just because it was always going to be so unlikely - serving alone cannot win you a wimbledon because the players at the top defend so well - so one bad service game and that's a break lost. And if you can't pressure the opponents serve, that one bad service game is going to be your downfall. 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Wimbledon 2014 : Who did Isner go out to? Hard to say really if 150/1 was ever a good bet just because it was always going to be so unlikely - serving alone cannot win you a wimbledon because the players at the top defend so well - so one bad service game and that's a break lost. And if you can't pressure the opponents serve, that one bad service game is going to be your downfall. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I was a bit unlucky as technically he lost to the eventual winner. Lopez beat him, who lost to Warinka, who in turn lost to Federer, well we all know who he lost to.....