You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this cheating?

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
playing bh  tourney  guy to my right types  'time for bed I got 8 2 off '  then goes all in.  I call   and lose the hand  not 8 2  but a pocket pair. to my mind I think this cheating at  its worse   what  do you think ?
#792082728 (23:01 27/06/2014)

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Oldest trick in the book if some random says it.

Misleading? Yes. Against the spirit of the game? Yes. But cheating? Not really.

Every poker player has lied about hands at some point. It's not particularly nice in this instance but don't believe anything you see in the chatbox if you don't know the other person.

Out of interest, would you still think ''its cheating at its worst'' if you'd won the hand?
  • edited June 2014
    I'd call it a verbal bluff......I think most of us have bluffed :D.
  • edited June 2014
    It would be cheating if he said he had 82o and actually did 
  • edited June 2014
    Morally it's reprehensible, but lets be honest - we're all trying to take money off each other!
    I once heard online poker as being described as The Wild West, and I think that's the best description I have ever heard for it.
    People can be brutal.
    Not nice, but a lesson learned I am sure.
    Can't find the hand.
    Out of interest - what did you both have?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to is this cheating?:
    playing bh  tourney  guy to my right types  'time for bed I got 8 2 off '  then goes all in.  I call   and lose the hand  not 8 2  but a pocket pair. to my mind I think this cheating at  its worse   what  do you think ? #792082728 (23:01 27/06/2014)
    Posted by stevemug2

No, not cheating, but not exactly classy, either.

I cannot imagine any decent player would stoop so low.

Good lesson for you, too, never believe what people at a poker table say in spots like this.

• edited June 2014

should we not give him the benefit of the doubt?  it was just a simple typo, surely.  when typing "82o" he meant to type "pocket pair". 

these things happen.  we saw something similar in the world cup when suarez wanted to whisper, "well played" to the italian defender.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: is this cheating?:
    It would be cheating if he said he had 82o and actually did 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah, what Ivan said. You aren't allowed to tell the truth.
  • edited June 2014
    LOL , do folk still fall for that one ....