You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VEGAS advice/help needed

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey guys i'm going to vegas for the first time on monday and looking for some advice on where's best to play 1/2 cash and where the best value daily tourneys are throughout the day etc..

Any other vegas related help or must do things will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• edited June 2014

Crikey, that is a BIG question.

In truth, the Cash Games are much the same in all the Rooms, there must be 30 different places where you can play $1 $2 Cash, & they are all much of a muchness really.

Personally, I'd go to Rio or Venetian, as they have more games & a bigger selection than anywhere else I can think of. The Wynn is pretty good, too.

Daily Tourneys? Again, depends what you want to spend, but for sheer value, the Rio Daily Deepstacks take some beating.

It also depends where you are staying. If you are Downtown, then Golden Nugget & Binions are probably the best, but don't expect "good dealers", & don't get upset when they make mistakes (they will), just relax & enjoy the banter with them. 

"must do" things?

Well it depends what you like. For most, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, & Grand Canyon are top pf the list. And on the Strip, you have to go see The Bellagio Fountains, The Mirage Volcano, & The Venetian/Palazzo generally, they are stunning. 

One left field thing to do is to go visit Mount Charlston Lodge, up in Spring Mountain. It's just 35 miles from Vegas, but you'll need to hire a car for the day.  It's like visiting a different country (it is a Ski Resort in the winter), & the scenery, wildlife & wooded mountain sides remind me of the Scottish Highlands. In all the years I've been coming to Vegas, my trip up to Mount Charlston was my most enjoyable day in Vegas ever.

It just depends what sort of things you enjoy. Many come to Vegas to go to Spearmint Rhino & the like. Each to their own.

Have a great trip.
  • edited June 2014
    Sounds like Tikays knows his Vegas!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: VEGAS advice/help needed:
    Sounds like Tikays knows his Vegas!
    Posted by gerardirl
    He has a lot of downtime from poker when he's there :)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: VEGAS advice/help needed : He has a lot of downtime from poker when he's there :)
    Posted by Jac35
    LOLZ!   + he only needs 2/3 hours sleep in 24!  .
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to VEGAS advice/help needed:
    Hey guys i'm going to vegas for the first time on monday and looking for some advice on where's best to play 1/2 cash and where the best value daily tourneys are throughout the day etc.. Any other vegas related help or must do things will be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)
    Posted by pockets6

If I were you, and I wish I was :) , I'd head along to Mirage for cash and go to New Orleans (off the strip) for torunaments. That's if you want soft games.
    Both are very soft and full of family/tourist types.
    That's the experience I had last time I was there.
    Enjoy!
  • edited June 2014
    Crikey, that is a BIG question. In truth, the Cash Games are much the same in all the Rooms, there must be 30 different places where you can play $1 $2 Cash, & they are all much of a muchness really. Personally, I'd go to Rio or Venetian, as they have more games & a bigger selection than anywhere else I can think of. The Wynn is pretty good, too. Daily Tourneys? Again, depends what you want to spend, but for sheer value, the Rio Daily Deepstacks take some beating. It also depends where you are staying. If you are Downtown, then Golden Nugget & Binions are probably the best, but don't expect "good dealers", & don't get upset when they make mistakes (they will), just relax & enjoy the banter with them.  "must do" things? Well it depends what you like. For most, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, & Grand Canyon are top pf the list. And on the Strip, you have to go see The Bellagio Fountains, The Mirage Volcano, & The Venetian/Palazzo generally, they are stunning.  One left field thing to do is to go visit Mount Charlston Lodge, up in Spring Mountain. It's just 35 miles from Vegas, but you'll need to hire a car for the day.  It's like visiting a different country (it is a Ski Resort in the winter), & the scenery, wildlife & wooded mountain sides remind me of the Scottish Highlands. In all the years I've been coming to Vegas, my trip up to Mount Charlston was my most enjoyable day in Vegas ever.   It just depends what sort of things you enjoy. Many come to Vegas to go to Spearmint Rhino & the like. Each to their own. Have a great trip.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for replying Tikay sorry for being so vague.
    I'm staying at the bellagio.so not too far from the rio by the looks of things.
    I think youve pretty much covered everything i wanted to know + more!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: VEGAS advice/help needed : Thanks for replying Tikay sorry for being so vague. I'm staying at the bellagio.so not too far from the rio by the looks of things. I think youve pretty much covered everything i wanted to know + more! Thanks :)
    Posted by pockets6
    You are most welcome.

Correct, Bellagio, like most of the Strip Hotels, is not far from The Rio, but you cannot walk it, it is way too hot, so you'll need to jump in a cab. Will cost about $8.

You can walk from Bellagio to Caesars Palace, which is next door, from Caesars to Mirage &/or TI, & from Mirage/TI to Venetian, or from Venetian to Wynn, but Rio is too far to walk in the stifling heat.  

The Bellagio is lovely, & has one of the best Buffets in Vegas. Not cheap, but worth every penny.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: VEGAS advice/help needed : LOLZ!   + he only needs 2/3 hours sleep in 24!  .
    Posted by Glenelg
    Guess your not counting the 4-5 he gets at the tables ;-).
  • edited June 2014
    Venetian all day long.

Just been and i think its got one of the nicest card rooms in Vegas.  Decent selection of games too and a great location.
  • edited June 2014

hi mate have a great time, if you require staking in anything just let me know, will take 50% within reason.(i know you`ll be value)