You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I thought I would give Skypoker a try, having played on a couple of larger sites for some time.  I registered, but I haven't played a single game, not even a freeroll.

I was checking out my Sharkscope stats for my poker account on a different site, and out of interest, typed in a search for my skypoker account.  To my complete surprise, I found that it had already been registered showing zero games.  

I was looking through other threads, and saw that in previous threads about sharkscope, it has been stated that players stats are collected by sharkscope and not provided by Skypoker.  I just wondered how this can be if my Skypoker account is already on Sharkscope, and I haven't played anything.  It would be impossible for Sharkscope to know anything about my Skypoker account as I haven't played.  

I am not making a big deal of this, but it seems a bit odd to be honest.

Comments

• edited June 2014

Hi tsarina

Aswell as scraping data from the tournament lobbies, i'm sure they are also able to data mine the chat log.

Have you ever spoken to anyone on an open table "Table Chat" ?

They may have taken your user name from there - I am unable to confirm this theory but I do know some data mining sites also monitor chat logs on open tables.

• edited June 2014
    Did you reg via a third party such as rake the rake for example for a better rake back deal?

• edited June 2014
    I scope players all day long to make notes on them. There's been so many times when I've scoped someone it says 0 in their game count and there's no stats for them. I can't imagine SS would get the info from the chat box and it's happened too many times for that I'd say. So it would be very interesting to find out how they are doing this.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER:
    Hi all, I thought I would give Skypoker a try, having played on a couple of larger sites for some time.  I registered, but I haven't played a single game, not even a freeroll. I was checking out my Sharkscope stats for my poker account on a different site, and out of interest, typed in a search for my skypoker account.  To my complete surprise, I found that it had already been registered showing zero games.   I was looking through other threads, and saw that in previous threads about sharkscope, it has been stated that players stats are collected by sharkscope and not provided by Skypoker.  I just wondered how this can be if my Skypoker account is already on Sharkscope, and I haven't played anything.  It would be impossible for Sharkscope to know anything about my Skypoker account as I haven't played.   I am not making a big deal of this, but it seems a bit odd to be honest.
    Posted by tsarina
    Hi Tsarina,

It might be better if you address that question to Sharkscope themselves.

I can tell you this though - Sky Poker (as with all other sites on Sharkscope) do not send ANY information to Sharkscope whatsoever, nothing at all, nor do they co-operate with them in any way, shape or form. Sites do not provide info, Sharscope take it.

It's quite possible - I'm only guessing here - that as a new player, you were auto-entered in a "New Player Freeroll" or somesuch, but that's just a wild guess. Even if you never played it, Sharkscope would still pick up the entry.

Ask Sharkscope, & I'm sure they come up with the explanation.

Good luck, & I hope you enjoy your Sky Poker experience.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER:
    In Response to SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER : Hi Tsarina, It might be better if you address that question to Sharkscope themselves. I can tell you this though - Sky Poker (as with all other sites on Sharkscope) do not send ANY information to Sharkscope whatsoever, nothing at all, nor do they co-operate with them in any way, shape or form. Sites do not provide info, Sharscope take it.   It's quite possible - I'm only guessing here - that as a new player, you were auto-entered in a "New Player Freeroll" or somesuch, but that's just a wild guess. Even if you never played it, Sharkscope would still pick up the entry. Ask Sharkscope, & I'm sure they come up with the explanation. Good luck, & I hope you enjoy your Sky Poker experience.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you for your good wishes.  Like I said, it's really no big deal for me.  If I particularly want to, I can opt out of Sharkscope, if I want.  All best
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER : Thank you for your good wishes.  Like I said, it's really no big deal for me.  If I particularly want to, I can opt out of Sharkscope, if I want.  All best
    Posted by tsarina
    Absolutely, every player has the right & ability to opt out of Sharkscope.

It's quite a contentious issue to many, with opinions sharply divided, with very little middle ground, folks are either in favour or dead against, but the right to opt out means everyone has the choice. 

All the best to you, too.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER : Absolutely, every player has the right & ability to opt out of Sharkscope. It's quite a contentious issue to many, with opinions sharply divided, with very little middle ground, folks are either in favour or dead against, but the right to opt out means everyone has the choice.  All the best to you, too.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whatever u choose to do opt in or out,the sharkscope lovers on this site will including long term players  riducule other players for not having any stats ie blocking your stats.it seems the wrong thing to do any certain peoples eyes.i blocked my stats from day 1 i joined sky poker y should a company have my info without even paying for it should be against the law under copyright issues.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: SHARKSCOPE AND SKYPOKER : Whatever u choose to do opt in or out,the sharkscope lovers on this site will including long term players  riducule other players for not having any stats ie blocking your stats.it seems the wrong thing to do any certain peoples eyes.i blocked my stats from day 1 i joined sky poker y should a company have my info without even paying for it should be against the law under copyright issues.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Untwist those knickers.