You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Karl ***official show thread***

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Round off your weekend with a big night of cards online and a big night of live TV to complement it!

Hosting your Sunday show this week will be myself and Karl Mahrenholz

And your show is a triple whammy of cash, the big Sunday main event AND the £500,000 UKPC final...

7pm – 8pm

Live Master Cash coverage

8pm – 10pm

Live coverage from the main event. 15K Super Roller – remember there are loads of cheap satellites for this still available, so you don’t have to pay the £110 buy in.

10pm – Midnight

Live coverage from the £500K UKPC Final satellite – 5 seats guaranteed into the 6 max main event held in Nottingham in August. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Amongst all your usual show input- hands, questions, banter- we want you to...

QUIZ KARL!

Can you come up with a poker question or maybe even non-poker question to try and stump him?

Send in the question (and obviously answer too) and I'll put them to him. And although you want to make them challenging, let's not make them impossible- he's got to be at least half a chance of getting them right!

Get 'em in! On here please OR via email skyopen@bskyb.com or Twitter #skypoker

The best post/email/tweet to the show will bag the writer free entry into Monday night's UKPC semi-final satellite.

Look forward to your answers and see you Sunday at 7 for another blast on the baize!

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Another overwhelming response to a show thread, eh Rich?

Don't worry, this evening's match is Greece vs Costa Rica. I don't think that's much competition for you.

Hello Jen, how are you? That's not my general knowledge question, this is:

Jen, why is it that if you go down to the beach it's considered normal to walk around in trunks or teeny weeny bikinis, but if you walk down the high street in just your pants you get funny looks?

I expect a serious answer. :)

Have a great show.
  • edited June 2014
    Thankyou Borin for rescuing the thread from it's Brazil v Chile hangover!

The summer weeks and World Cup nights are really affecting the forum at the moment- but it's no sweat we always get plenty of people writing in on the night either via the forum or email.

Good question by the way- reminds me of the paradox of Donald Duck walking around with nothing on below his belt, yet wrapping a towel round him when he gets out the shower.

Just waiting to see if there's a last minute alteration- it might be Karl on tonight instead of Jen. Which may affect my ASK JEN game. I don't know- maybe it's still ok..

Let's have some more questions please!
  • edited June 2014
    Afternoon Rich. Really enjoyed Thursdays show - Watched it yesterday afternoon on record as promised. Must say you guys playing on a MC table during the Mastercash hours was quite funny, and think it could be a decent interaction in the future for presenters/analysts to do this during the show. Made for good viewing :-)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***official show thread***:
    Afternoon Rich. Really enjoyed Thursdays show - Watched it yesterday afternoon on record as promised. Must say you guys playing on a MC table during the Mastercash hours was quite funny, and think it could be a decent interaction in the future for presenters/analysts to do this during the show. Made for good viewing :-)
    Posted by Matt237
    Hi Matt,

Yes, we'll definitely do that again!

• edited June 2014
    NEWS JUST IN

In a change to the scheduled programme- because Jen might find it a teeny bit difficult to host the show tonight...being in Thailand and everything...my compadre tonight will be...

KARL MAHRENHOLZ!
  • edited June 2014
    Hi both, looking forward to tonights show, hoping to see some more quality banter, especially from you Rich (no pressure)

Here is my question for Karl keeping with the World Cup.....who has held the world cup for a record number of consecutive years?

It is Italy. Because of WW2 there wasn't a WC between 1938 - 1950 & as Italy were the reigning champions they held it for 16 years!!!!

Now that is a John Motson stat if I ever knew it. Tekkers.

• edited June 2014
    Hi guys have a great show 

Here is my question to hopefully stump karl who has equaled  ronaldo from brazils record of total goals scored in the world cup i want the full name ;) 

Answer: miroslav klose  
  • edited June 2014
    Great show so far guys.

Must admit, I wasn't sure about the Rico/Karl combo but it seems to be mighty fine.

Question for Karl:

Which two words of Serbian origin are most used in the English language? Clue one begins with V & the other begins with P.

Answer: Vampire & Paprika
  • edited June 2014
    Well, I'm not changing my post now. You'll just have to get Jen on the phone or something.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi guys,

I have a question - Which WSOP main event winner currently holds the most WSOP bracelets??

Wish me luck for the Rollers!

edit: Also this was the demise of Rosie, prob a bad call from me in isolation but here it just felt right

Hand History #792668770 (19:56 29/06/2014) MC 10

EDIT : Phil Hellmuth 13 bracelets
  • edited June 2014
    Hand History #792677034 (20:12 29/06/2014) with blockers please did i play it right
  • edited June 2014
    sorry 14 if he won one this series
  • edited June 2014
    Hand History #792681056 (20:19 29/06/2014)

Hi this hand is an odd one, my thinking is it smells of AA - QQ and I don't want to risk my tourney life this early on a 50/50 in my mind.

You may just find this funny though! 

May be interesting to just show Kirsty's cards and not all the others to see if you can guess the other two hands
  • edited June 2014
    The question.
    Who was the last player to win back to win consequetive Main event WSOP. and what years.
    Answer
    Johnny Chan 1987 1988
  • edited June 2014
    Hellmuth still has 13 bracelets, he lost a heads-up match with Ted Forrest this series for a 14th.

Second place is 10 - Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan & Phil Ivey.

My money is on Ivey to get the record.
  • edited June 2014
    thanks for showing hand

• edited June 2014
    Who won the WSOP main event by vote in 1970 they then went on to win it 3 times in 4 years and collect 8 brcelets in total over 18 years 

Johnny Moss
  • edited June 2014

ok final one as he wants to get one right.

Which WSOP main event winner was regarded as the best GIN player to of ever lived.

Stu Ungar

• edited June 2014
     Hi all.

questions too be answered as quickly as possible.

Question 1.

If you where too overtake the person 2nd in a race what position would you be in.

Answer... 2nd.

Question 2

If you where too overtake the person last in a race which position would u be in.

Answer... u cant overtake last place .... he is last.

• edited June 2014
    hi again.
    that last question i accidently deleted so i've got another one.

Q. who won the first every world cup?

A it was west auckland. they won The Sir Thomas Lipton Trophy in 1906 and have been remembered ever since that day as the winner of the first ever world cup.
  • edited June 2014
    Another question to try n stump karl as i failed on the last 1 :/ 

Who in the premier league era has been the shortest serving manager 

Answer: les reed   ( charlton )  for just 41 days 
  • edited June 2014
    ANORTHER ONE FOR U IS THIS A GOOD FOLD IN BIG B LIND 
    and History #792716339 (21:22 29/06/2014)
  • edited June 2014

Question for Karl....

Mathematics

Question:  What is a half divided by a half?

Answer:  One

• edited June 2014
    Not a question, but I'd like to bring your attention to a classy moment at the WSOP yesterday.

Chad Brown is an American poker player who is seriously ill in a hospice with a rare form of cancer. Despite a very successful poker career, he never quite managed to win a WSOP bracelet - among other results he finished 2nd twice and 3rd once. He is one of those players of whom it is said no-one has a bad word to say about.

On Saturday, at a special ceremony the WSOP awarded him an honorary bracelet.

• edited June 2014
    Rich, can you avoid spoilers for the football, please.

They aren't giving out Sky Poker spoilers, after all. 
  • edited June 2014
    If it wasn't the world cup i wouldn't have watched Algeria - South Korea. One of the games of the tournament! That logic fails a bit Rich ;)

Great show by the way, trying to come up with an interesting Q for Karl.
  • edited June 2014
    Question.

What has land but no grass. Oceans but no water. And city's but no people.

Answer.

A map.

Question.

What goes up and will never come down.

Answer. 

Your age.

Enjoying the show but no poker play for me tonight. Ive got dispicable me 2 instaed with the little one. 
  • edited June 2014
    i could see that question not being answered correct it's likely only known by them in the north east.

but the answer he gave for the world cup as we know it was still not the right one as the first winner of that was urugray
  • edited June 2014
    I've seen West Auckland play. They're in the 8th tier of English football. May have been better back in 1906 but a bit rubbish in 2013
  • edited June 2014
    Good evening Richard and Karl.
    Which football team is the only team to have  a pub on each corner of their ground.  BRENTFORD
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S JUST THOUGHTI WOULD GIVE  A MENTION FOR THE £2.20 @2.2O DEEPSTACK.