You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points?

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
I have always thought there seems a gap where a £4.40 DYM should be. £1, £2, £3 and £5 are all represented, just as 2, 3 and 5 points are. So why nothing for £4 and 4 points?
I believe they would be extremely popular with the crowd for whom the £5.50 seems too much and they are frequented by sharks anyway.
So Sky could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays out £8 and awards 4 points??

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points?:
    I have always thought there seems a gap where a £4.40 DYM should be. £1, £2, £3 and £5 are all represented, just as 2, 3 and 5 points are. So why nothing for £4 and 4 points? I believe they would be extremely popular with the crowd for whom the £5.50 seems too much and they are frequented by sharks anyway. So Sky could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays out £8 and awards 4 points??
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    There has to be a cut off somewhere, I would have thought filling current SnG games is a bigger priority than adding more choices
  • edited June 2014
      Hi lacy , I think this is great idea , it would be a good idea for sky to have a look at the idea.
                                      Yyours, truly56
  • edited June 2014
    I think something between £5.50 & £11 would be more in order.
    If you are playing standard brm it will take a long time to build it up to a level to play £11's & only a small bad run at the start to have to drop back down.
    So my vote would go for a £7.70. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points?:
    I think something between £5.50 & £11 would be more in order. If you are playing standard brm it will take a long time to build it up to a level to play £11's & only a small bad run at the start to have to drop back down. So my vote would go for a £7.70. 
    Posted by belsibub

I agree

I am afraid to take a proper shot at 11 DYMs.

I think a 7.70 would be good
  • edited June 2014
    How about £6.60 dyms? :)
  • edited June 2014
    I'd be happy to see a £6.60 and a £7.70 DYM, (awarding 6 & 7 points) put on by Sky. I play a fair few £5.50's and the odd £11 and there is a big jump between the two, but for lower stakers, you can win £2, £4, and £6 so why not £8?
    If players that have used the site before were to hear Sky are shaking things up a bit with new DYM's, it could encourage them to return and play here..
  • edited June 2014
    Id like to see an mtt in the £67.43 buyin level with 67.43 points per game could sky please facilitate this i think it would be popular.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points?:
    Id like to see an mtt in the £67.43 buyin level with 67.43 points per game could sky please facilitate this i think it would be popular.
    Posted by bearlyther

dont be so stupid, why would anyone play a £67.43 MTT??  I would like to see a £71.69 MTT and I believe they would be far more popular so if sky could arrange this that would be great.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points? : dont be so stupid, why would anyone play a £67.43 MTT??  I would like to see a £71.69 MTT and I believe they would be far more popular so if sky could arrange this that would be great.
    Posted by jordz16
    sarcasm?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points?:
    I have always thought there seems a gap where a £4.40 DYM should be. £1, £2, £3 and £5 are all represented, just as 2, 3 and 5 points are. So why nothing for £4 and 4 points? I believe they would be extremely popular with the crowd for whom the £5.50 seems too much and they are frequented by sharks anyway. So Sky could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays out £8 and awards 4 points??
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    Hi Fa1lacy,

You are getting a bit of stick here - boys will be boys! - but the real answer to your question (imo) is....

By adding an extra DYM to the existing portfolio, all it achieves is to thin out the liquidity across the buy-ins above & below £4.40, (£3.30 & £5.50) which would be a bad thing. It just spreads the same number of players over more DYM's, so they all suffer.

Adding a Buy-In Level is easy, very easy, but you have to consider the effect it has.

One option would be to remove the £3.30 &/or £5.50, but that would be overwhelmingly unpopular with most who currently play those levels, & would create a right hoohah, perhaps rightly so.

It looks so simple, but you have to consider the consequences, which I have outlined.

I have no idea whether Sky Poker would consider your suggestion, but I'm pretty sure they would not do so for the reasons I have outlined.

Hope that helps explain the likely thinking.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points? : Hi Fa1lacy, You are getting a bit of stick here - boys will be boys! - but the real answer to your question (imo) is.... By adding an extra DYM to the existing portfolio, all it achieves is to thin out the liquidity across the buy-ins above & below £4.40, (£3.30 & £5.50) which would be a bad thing. It just spreads the same number of players over more DYM's, so they all suffer. Adding a Buy-In Level is easy, very easy, but you have to consider the effect it has.   One option would be to remove the £3.30 &/or £5.50, but that would be overwhelmingly unpopular with most who currently play those levels, & would create a right hoohah, perhaps rightly so.   It looks so simple, but you have to consider the consequences, which I have outlined. I have no idea whether Sky Poker would consider your suggestion, but I'm pretty sure they would not do so for the reasons I have outlined. Hope that helps explain the likely thinking.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the detailed response Tikay (as always!) I'll just have to hope the player pool increases in the future, so Sky can squeeze one more DYM in.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Could we please have a £4.40 DYM that pays £8 with 4 points? : dont be so stupid, why would anyone play a £67.43 MTT??  I would like to see a £71.69 MTT and I believe they would be far more popular so if sky could arrange this that would be great.
    Posted by jordz16

Absolutely ridiculous, who in there right mind would play a £71.69 game for 71.69 points. i get the general jist but i think a more popular format would be a  £73.27 giving us all a 73.27 points each time we play one.
    I know i would certainly be getting excited to register for one of these when i saw it in the lobby, so come on sky, give us what we want

love vinny

xxx