You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

In which countries can you play SkyPoker?

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Sure I have seen players from Sofia play on here? (or it said they were there!)

So in which countries can you play SkyPoker?

Comments

• edited June 2014

Hi Del,

You can currently register & play on Sky Poker from.....

United KingdomChannel IslandsIrelandFinlandGibraltar

See THIS

So when you see, say, "SOFIA" in the field address (the "Field Address" is the bit you can see uinder a players alias when on a Table) remember that players have the ability to enter pretty much any Field Address if they wish, & the reality is it may not be related to their actual address. 

Hope that helps.

The list of Countries is limited due to a combination of regulatory, licencing, & Company Policy reasons.

• edited June 2014
    If you are a UK registered player - and go on holiday to somewhere like Vegas where you can't register for online poker - are you still allowed to play on the site whilst over there as  your actually registered as being a UK player?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: In which countries can you play SkyPoker?:
    If you are a UK registered player - and go on holiday to somewhere like Vegas where you can't register for online poker - are you still allowed to play on the site whilst over there as  your actually registered as being a UK player?
    Posted by IrishRose
    No, not that I am aware of, Rose, though I'm not 100% sure.

You most certainly could not Deposit from Las Vegas.

My advice would be not to even attempt to play on Sky Poker whilst in Las Vegas. I'm not sure what the Official position is though. Pretty sure it is a no no these days.

Online Gaming in Nevada is STRICTLY CONTROLLED to one local site, & I'd be 99% certain you could not play on Sky Poker in Nevada.

Anyway, when you are in Vegas, you should be out & about, sightseeing, or playing Live Poker!

• edited June 2014
    Just curious every time playing in the US & abroad is brought up.
    How do sites know where you are playing with the advent of VPN's?
  • edited June 2014
    Pretty sure when SimUk was in Vegas doing his video diary thing (2-3 year ago) he was playin the primo rom his room in Vegas. 
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to In which countries can you play SkyPoker?:
    Sure I have seen players from Sofia play on here? (or it said they were there!) So in which countries can you play SkyPoker?
    Posted by DEL560
    I think he just mis-spelt sofa !
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to In which countries can you play SkyPoker? : I think he just mis-spelt sofa !
    Posted by VespaPX
    lol
  • edited June 2014
    I thought players from Bulgaria used to be allowed on the site... in fact I'm sure there was a period where they had passworded tournaments in the lobby just for them to play in?
  • edited June 2014
    Pretty sure when SimUk was in Vegas doing his video diary thing (2-3 year ago) he was playin the primo rom his room in Vegas. 
    Posted by 1267

I thought of the exact same thing, but it could have been before black Friday?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: In which countries can you play SkyPoker? : I thought of the exact same thing, but it could have been before black Friday?
    Posted by BOOBOO81
    At the time it was permissible, but things have changed since then.
  • edited June 2014
    Posted by 1267
    That was before the Big Two sites got caught messing about, after that the online poker landscape changed forever.
  • edited June 2014
    why Finland?
    Posted by sikas

Pass, I have no idea.
  • edited June 2014
    Took the kids to Disneyland Paris this year and I played on Sky each night in the hotel room. So I was playing in a foreign country and gambling on Disney's WiFi!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: In which countries can you play SkyPoker? : That was before the Big Two sites got caught messing about, after that the online poker landscape changed forever.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I am certain this was after BlackFriday . Maybe he was just lucky or he was actually playing illegally without knowing. Who knows. 

• edited June 2014
    Hi Del, You can currently register & play on Sky Poker from..... United Kingdom Channel Islands Ireland Finland Gibraltar See THIS So when you see, say, "SOFIA" in the field address (the "Field Address" is the bit you can see uinder a players alias when on a Table) remember that players have the ability to enter pretty much any Field Address if they wish, & the reality is it may not be related to their actual address.  Hope that helps. The list of Countries is limited due to a combination of regulatory, licencing, & Company Policy reasons.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok, thanks Tikay.

Was players from there once able to play on here as was quite awhile ago I seen them?

Was there also once quite a well known player who use to play on here, who stayed in Spain, but then had to stop when rules changed?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to In which countries can you play SkyPoker? : I think he just mis-spelt sofa !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Haha :)
  • edited June 2014
    I worked a ski season in Canada 2 years ago and was able to play while i was out there
  • edited June 2014
    Playing on the piste - Shocking !!! :-)
  • edited June 2014
    In June 2013 Bulgaria overhauled their poker laws, introduced a new regulation system and black-listed most  overseas poker operators, I can only assume Sky Poker was one of them. 

A year ago Jersey and Guernsey were also on the Sky Poker list of permitted countries. I've no idea why they've dropped off since.

There has been much upheaval in poker laws across the world since Black Friday, it's a bit of a minefield at the moment.

The UK Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Bill is due to become law in the next few months. We are very lucky, the UK will continue to be one of the best and safest countries in the world to play online poker. Many other nationalities, particularly Americans, look at us with nothing but envy.
  • edited June 2014
    In June 2013 Bulgaria overhauled their poker laws, introduced a new regulation system and black-listed most  overseas poker operators, I can only assume Sky Poker was one of them.  A year ago Jersey and Guernsey were also on the Sky Poker list of permitted countries. I've no idea why they've dropped off since. There has been much upheaval in poker laws across the world since Black Friday, it's a bit of a minefield at the moment. The UK Gambling (Licensing and Advertising) Bill is due to become law in the next few months. We are very lucky, the UK will continue to be one of the best and safest countries in the world to play online poker. Many other nationalities, particularly Americans, look at us with nothing but envy.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Still saying you can play in these places.

We accept customers based in any of the following countries:
    • United Kingdom
    • Channel Islands
    • Ireland
    • Finland
    • Gibraltar
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: In which countries can you play SkyPoker? : Still saying you can play in these places. We accept customers based in any of the following countries: United Kingdom Channel Islands Ireland Finland Gibraltar
    Posted by VespaPX
    I suppose that means they've added the smaller ones then and lumped them in a group. So we lost Bulgaria a year ago, apart from that no significant change.
  • edited June 2014
    Can someone give me a rundown on Black Friday?
    Clueless!
  • edited June 2014
    Can someone give me a rundown on Black Friday? Clueless!
    Posted by mrsduck
    G to the oogle? Would save a lot of typing :P

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/13127-black-friday-the-day-that-changed-online-poker

Not sure if you can post this link so hurry lol
  • edited June 2014
    Ohhhhh but I'd love very much to see the Waller version...pweaaaaase :( </3
  • edited June 2014
    Ohhhhh but I'd love very much to see the Waller version...pweaaaaase :( </3
    Posted by mrsduck
    The owners of the biggest online poker sites, PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker and Absolute Poker, were arrested and the sites were shutdown in the United States after the FBI alleged that the sites laundered money and defrauded banks to get around gambling laws.

That's Black Friday in a nutshell. Loads of articles on it