You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BAD CALL? HAD PLENTY OUTS.

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AS WANT TO IMPROVE PLAY.
hollielou Small blind  50.00 50.00 1225.00
breadman89 Big blind  100.00 150.00 1935.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

bauch Raise  200.00 350.00 2535.00
themagman Fold     
GBUS Call  200.00 550.00 3070.00
hollielou Fold     
breadman89 Call  100.00 650.00 1835.00
Flop

• A

breadman89 Bet  487.50 1137.50 1347.50
bauch Fold     
GBUS All-in  3070.00 4207.50 0.00
breadman89 All-in  1347.50 5555.00 0.00
GBUS Unmatched bet  1235.00 4320.00 1235.00
breadman89 Show
  • A
  • J

GBUS Show
  • Q
  • A

Turn

River

GBUS Win Pair of Aces 4320.00

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Of course not! gii pre tho....
  • edited July 2014
    No I call expecting knowing if not good all ready I am drawing for nut flush draw and have min 36%.  Hard to fold TP good kicker with a draw to nuts

• edited July 2014
    No its not a bad call. But i wouldn't be flatting pre [BH especially], and i wouldn't lead out on that flop
  • edited July 2014
    I would be all in pre flop for sure, that flop is as good as it gets for your hand (nearly) its just UL
  • edited July 2014
    As Matt said flop is a clear check. We want someone to take a stab at it hopefully so that we can get max value - I might just c/c or c/shove if it looks like opponent won't fold. In fact if it's a BH I would always c/shove. Stacks too shallow to really c/c.

Pre-flop call is fine... most players usually have a tight range for raising the HJ and AJs is a little too weak to just shove pre for 20bb's. With it being a min-r and you getting great odds pre, it's a hand that can hit the flop really hard (like it has here) and I think flatting can definitely be more ev 
  • edited July 2014
    Yeah I'd lean towards peeling than shoving pre.

Generally I'd look to check raise all in over the expected cbet..... but you're never folding to any bet now you've smashed that flop so we could (in theory) check/call as no card on the turn is gonna deter us from getting our chips in at some point. Probs best on the flop whilst our equity is at its maximum, but we might already be miles ahead and check jamming is just gonna fold out all the PP's and various hands that we have crushed....

.....which leads me nicely to not minding that donk bet. With 3 people in the hand and the stacks pretty shallow vs the pot size, I don't think there will be a guaranteed cbet all the time. Donking gives us the leverage to jam any turn if called, or call off any raise on that flop. It's also an unusual line to take so a villain sat there with KK/QQ facing that donk bet might (occasionally) stubbornly call in position.

I dunno, think I'm trying to out level myself here! Many ways to skin a cat and all that.

If it's a BH, probably just check raise all in on the flop and be done with it.
  • edited July 2014
    Na,would have done the same-small stak all in.
  • edited July 2014
    It wasn't a bad call but if you have not been at a table with this player for very long and they shove on you like this maybe consider a fold as you can miss like what happened and be punished with better kickers or perhaps even 3 of a kind.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: BAD CALL? HAD PLENTY OUTS.:
    It wasn't a bad call but if you have not been at a table with this player for very long and they shove on you like this maybe consider a fold as you can miss like what happened and be punished with better kickers or perhaps even 3 of a kind.
    Posted by PaulF411
    With this flop and the stack sizes involved, the chips are always going in and we should be pretty happy about getting them in.

Just a case of how to get them in.