You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Very tight player

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Guys I'm fairly new to Texas and I usually play what you would consider, and do to ,hence my question a very tight game .

Playing tight usually let's me play on top table be it with very very few chips but sometimes the other guys knock each other out and a couple all in calls allows me to get into a higher position, this is my natural way of playing 

I have tried playing aggresvley with dis tarsus results 

I'm am aware I'm playing wrong advice please 

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Ive not been texas before, so probably cant help to much - Where exactly are you staying there? houston?
  • edited July 2014
    Sorry I meant Texas holdem  normal poker sorry guys
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Very tight player:
    Guys I'm fairly new to Texas and I usually play what you would consider, and do to ,hence my question a very tight game . Playing tight usually let's me play on top table be it with very very few chips but sometimes the other guys knock each other out and a couple all in calls allows me to get into a higher position, this is my natural way of playing  I have tried playing aggresvley with dis tarsus results  I'm am aware I'm playing wrong advice please 
    Posted by ALL_IN387
    Hi
    Could you give us some more detail to go on?
    When you say "top table", do you mean you get to final table but with very few chips?
    I guess what most people would say is play tight early on then as the MTT progresses try to open your range a bit.
    Raise the button more in unopened pots.
    I'm sure more experienced players would give better advice than me.
    GL