You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet....

2»

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet....:
    TommyD isnt allowing us to share the pm anymore. I dont play here much anymore so not a$sed about being banned but wouldnt want to get anyone into trouble by forwarding it on to them.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Pm's are not private then?

• edited July 2014
    What made you come to that conclusion?
  • edited July 2014
    Strange how other threads are deleted by mods quickly or moved to the backwaters of other sub-forums, yet this load of twaddle is allowed to stay here.

At least we have a contender for "Bottom of the Posts" if such a contest existed.
  • edited July 2014
    Strange how other threads are deleted by mods quickly or moved to the backwaters of other sub-forums, yet this load of twaddle is allowed to stay here. At least we have a contender for "Bottom of the Posts" if such a contest existed.
    Posted by FCHD
    I haven't seen it, but I reckon due to the lack of female posters on here, Mrsduck might win that one too.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet.... : I haven't seen it, but I reckon due to the lack of female posters on here, Mrsduck might win that one too.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Pah, mines like two peaches in a hankercheif.  Honest :)
  • edited July 2014
    This is a total wind up post ......I am sure now and needs deleting. It has no bearing to the poker chat forum.
    Posted by footsie66
    How can you say this? Not a wind up at all very serious matter
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet.... : I haven't seen it, but I reckon due to the lack of female posters on here, Mrsduck might win that one too.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Rofl :D cheers DOHHHHH!
  • edited July 2014
    what a load of bolllox this post is 
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by imallin24
    Lol
  • edited July 2014
    Posted by imallin24
    if only IDCU was around to let us know what he thinks

• edited July 2014
    F××k it...

post edited , 06/07/2014, 06.30 PM please do not post third party links to pictures after we refuse approval. You have fair warning, SKYPOKER
  • edited July 2014
    Doh...missed it! Be careful Teddy don't get yourself banned xx
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet.... : if only IDCU was around to let us know what he thinks
    Posted by aussie09
    Last I heard he was working as a Duncan Norvelle impersonator
  • edited July 2014
    I googled "grims bet"  and at the bottom of the first page of the results there's a thread from 2008 which sounds to be the right topic. 

Am i on the right track? 
  • edited July 2014
    guys...

OFFICIAL Definition of "GRIMMED/GRIMMING"

Grimm (grym) pronunciation

v., grimm·ed, grimm·ing, grimm·s

1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: He grimmed customers by overcharging them for purchases.

2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: He grimmed him out of his big blind.

3. To mislead; fool: We agreed to flip for $5,000 on stars, but he grimmed me.
  • edited July 2014
    the forum been dead recently nice post to get the forum regs out of there caves :) 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet.... : Pm's are not private then?
    Posted by belsibub
    They have never been private
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Big name on Sky grims young pup in sports bet.... : They have never been private
    Posted by paige55
    Well they're private as far as normal users and even mods are concerned. Obviously being stored in a database any of the software developers/IT dept could potentially access them, same is true of any site really. Without direct access to the database files you'd need people's login details to login to their account & access the PMs, which I don't imagine anyone does.

• edited July 2014
    Why is this still here?

Come on mods, move it to somewhere more appropriate
  • edited July 2014
    Why is this still here? Come on mods, move it to somewhere more appropriate
    Posted by FCHD
    It's a little bit awkward to strike the right balance on these affairs imo.

"boys will be boys", & have a little fun, which is OK I think.

The thing is, Sky Poker & the Mods get a whole lot of stick - or used to - for being over-zealous with the Mod-stick.

I think they have tried to strike a better balance of late.

I'm pretty sure if they removed this Thread, there'd be quite a hoohah.

Job to do right either way, really, but I'm just making the point that striking the right balance is not easy. 

For the record, I've absolutely no idea what the thread is about, I'm not "in" on the joke, but I'm assuming it is all just standard Forum fare, & intended as humour.

• edited July 2014
    Maybe, but there are threads with far more poker content that are removed from Poker Chat forthwith. I think double standards are very much in play here.

There's a sub-forum called "The Rail" which I believe is for juvenile stuff like this.
  • edited July 2014
    Maybe, but there are threads with far more poker content that are removed from Poker Chat forthwith. I think double standards are very much in play here. There's a sub-forum called "The Rail" which I believe is for juvenile stuff like this.
    Posted by FCHD
    Well I was not aware of that, & do not necessarily (on the face of it) agree that should happen. A good Forum polices itself, with the occasional nudge here & there. A light touch is needed.

My personal view is that this Forum could & should be a much better place, & I spend a good deal of time trying to make it exactly that. However, I have no formal input, & Upstairs don't share their views & aspirations with me, so I don't know about the occasional insensitive handling of stuff. I do know that together, we should all try & make it a better place.

VERY few Online Poker Sites have Forums these days, & with good reason. I think it behoves us all to try to look after this one. We will disagree on stuff of course, nothing wrong with that, but we all ought to be aiming to make it a fun place to visit. Forums work best if the Members take the initiative & self-police them. There will never be universal agreement as to right or wrong though.    

• edited July 2014
    Maybe, but there are threads with far more poker content that are removed from Poker Chat forthwith. I think double standards are very much in play here. There's a sub-forum called "The Rail" which I believe is for juvenile stuff like this.
    Posted by FCHD
    Ha!

I missed that bit.

It may be "juvenile" to you & me, but others may have thought it greatly entertaining.

I never watch "Big Brother", "Factor-X", "Britain's Got Talent On Ice" or any "reality shows", but many people love them.

I watched "Wild Thailand" on NatGeo Channel last night, best TV ever, & yet it barely registers in the Ratings.

I think we have to be tolerant of other's views.

• edited July 2014
    OMG

SOH required

thread is haha joke..bit of an in joke granted...

but hey....

long story short

man places side bet on HU outcome

man loses bet

transfer of payment does not go through

hence thread

hence lol

quite amusing that people think it's real..well it is of sorts :D

I know, your asking if the moeny eventually goes through, that would telling...I'll leave that to your imagination...

gotta love Sky Forum

• edited July 2014
    OMG SOH required thread is haha joke..bit of an in joke granted... but hey.... long story short man places side bet on HU outcome man loses bet transfer of payment does not go through hence thread hence lol quite amusing that people think it's real..well it is of sorts :D I know, your asking if the moeny eventually goes through, that would telling...I'll leave that to your imagination... gotta love Sky Forum
    Posted by rancid
    I have decided to pay him in the equivalent of Italian Lire.  I have popped the notes into the satchel of my second slowest racing bird, E. Pickles the Pigeon, and he can expect the money sometime early Autumn.
  • edited July 2014
    On the thread to FCHD and others, talking as a Mod.  Some lads decided to do a wind up on me, I thought let them go with it and have a laugh.  Wasn't hurting anyone and is just a wind up, plus it got some regs back posting and being nice to each other again.  So I let it run.  And I would again.

Peace all
  • edited July 2014
    I was going to step in and maybe you can pay £1 a week if your struggling.

I would suggest lending you the money, but I feel that would put me  in a bad spot.

If all fails then you can try quickmoola.com