You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Sit and Go Hand, pls leave in the clinic!

edited July 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Jam or call turn bet?

I just called, think it's slightly better 2 jam here.
LARSON7 Small blind  10.00 10.00 510.00
B1ackSheep Big blind  20.00 30.00 460.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

LARSON7 Raise  30.00 60.00 480.00
B1ackSheep Call  20.00 80.00 440.00
Flop

• J

B1ackSheep Check     
LARSON7 Bet  50.00 130.00 430.00
B1ackSheep Call  50.00 180.00 390.00
Turn

B1ackSheep Bet  100.00 280.00 290.00
LARSON7 Call  100.00

Comments

• edited July 2014
    there shouldnt be too many 2pairs or straights in villains range so why has he donked?

the turn puts lots of draws out there. it's likely he either picked up a draw to go with a pair, or is worried about proctecting Jx against a draw [average villains are petrified of potential draws coming in when they have a pair].

in either case i think he will be committed to the hand so we get it in with really good equity with one card to come.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: HU Sit and Go Hand, pls leave in the clinic!:
    there shouldnt be too many 2pairs or straights in villains range so why has he donked? the turn puts lots of draws out there. it's likely he either picked up a draw to go with a pair, or is worried about proctecting Jx against a draw [average villains are petrified of potential draws coming in when they have a pair]. in either case i think he will be committed to the hand so we get it in with really good equity with one card to come.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    I agree Teddy

Think calling the bet here was not optimal.

I called to let him bluff the river, given position. But does he barrel the river when he misses, possible but not guaranteed.

Where as if we jam turn, he's pretty much calling with whatever he has donked the turn with.

Def prefer jam /> call.
  • edited July 2014
    No one has any chips here, this is a simple jam
  • edited July 2014
    Forgot my coconut milk:)