You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Doobs, so close to scooping the Sky Poker Jackpot!

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat

Many congrats to "Dooobs", who got 2nd & 2nd last night.

Super Roller - 2nd, £2,950.30

Mini Roller - 2nd, £402.90

JACKPOT BONUS - £1,500

Not a bad nights work for a Sky Poker Tourney regular.

I confess some bias here, he is a very good friend of mine, but I'm delighted for him.

It was all a bit fraught for him, he has young children, one of whom has chicken pox & so was "a bit of a handful" during the Tourneys.

He is by trade or profession, I gather, a Maths Dullard, or Actuary.

Well played David, chuffed to bits for you.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Doobs, so close to scooping the Sky Poker Jackpot!:
    Many congrats to "Dooobs", who got 2nd & 2nd last night. Super Roller - 2nd, £2,950.30 Mini Roller - 2nd, £402.90 JACKPOT BONUS - £1,500 Not a bad nights work for a Sky Poker Tourney regular. I confess some bias here, he is a very good friend of mine, but I'm delighted for him. It was all a bit fraught for him, he has young children, one of whom has chicken pox & so was "a bit of a handful" during the Tourneys.   He is by trade or profession, I gather, a Maths Dullard, or Actuary. Well played David, chuffed to bits for you.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tony.  

I had a couple of hours with a cranky baby and had to try out multiple ways to play sky poker on different devices*.  Apologies to anyone who was victim to any of my more creative plays last night.  

Am very pleased with the bonus even if it wasn't the max.

Cheers

* useful tip for all.  Please note don't try and play a Sky Poker tournament on your iphone yet.  It is cash only.  

• edited July 2014

Ha!

Any particularly interesting hands in the Final?
  • edited July 2014
    Very well played Doobs!
  • edited July 2014
    now known as 'doing a deadman',

a good nights work!
  • edited July 2014

Brilliant stuff doobs very well played!

• edited July 2014
    Congrats Doobs!

Money is in your account now!
  • edited July 2014

Congrats. Saw when you hit the FT of the Mini and you were the only one left in the Main...so well done. Close to the ultimate bonus!

• edited July 2014
    Very well played man!!!
  • edited July 2014
    wp Doobs, quite obviously the best MTT player on Sky

come on if you haven't done the jackpot you can't even be considered top five ?

no rubz intended for the winner - wp again Doobs
  • edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone.  I guess I did the dreaded double Deadman, but that can't be a bad thing if it leads to me binking 300k in the near future.  

Was a difficult night with my grouchy 2 year old for company.

Those "interesting" hands.  I think we were 4 handed at 5k/10k in each hand.  I am ready for bed, so pretty active.  I think I am close to chip leader with 600k, and have villian well covered.  First hand I min raise the cut off (probably) with A8.  I think the two callers were small blind and big blind and there is 60k in the pot.  The flip comes the beautiful K88.  The first caller donk leads 10k and I raise to 40k.  When he bet the minimum here, I thought immediately that he had a king.  I think there was 140k in the middle and he had a little more than that behind.  Turn is the not so beautiful K.  He checked and I checked behind.  I think this looks like a king too!  Finally on a brick river he pots it leaving himself shrapnel behind.  I do the nitty fold, thinking it screamed king on every street (possibly AK in the SB?).

Not long after I have jacks and I think we might be button, though could be cut off again.  I min raise to 20k, the player on my left calls and the villian from the previous hand makes it 90k.  We both have over 300k, but think he had about 100k more than me.   There was something about the sizing, timing that made me think this was likely a monster.  4 handed with 30bbs isn't a spot I often fold JJ so went for it.  He has kings and flops another.  I do the Full Thewy and 4 flush him.  Nobody folds here, right?  

If it isn't clear from the above my daughter is normally a delight.  
  • edited July 2014

Excellent!

Were these in the Main, or the Mini?

If the Main, then we will know tomorrow, as Ch 861 generally televise the Final Table.

Wonder if Villain did have the K? Be greatest thing ever if he turns up with a complete "Matt Bates" style airball.....;)

• edited July 2014
    Wp sir, you are pretty good at the crushing. Won't forget that mini rebuy you won when i final tabled as it was my first big one ever
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Doobs, so close to scooping the Sky Poker Jackpot!:
    Excellent! Were these in the Main, or the Mini? If the Main, then we will know tomorrow, as Ch 861 generally televise the Final Table. Wonder if Villain did have the K? Be greatest thing ever if he turns up with a complete "Matt Bates" style airball.....;)  
    Posted by Tikay10
    They were in the main.  I did go through the is this an absolute airball dilemma.  Someone could play this way if they were planning to rep the 8 and then decided to rep the king.  Also possible he just thought I was FOS the way I had been playing.  Don't think I did anything that bad in the mini, grouchy daughter hadn't been up long when that finished.  I can't remember any really bad or significant hands anyway.
  • edited July 2014
    Congrats fella!
  • edited July 2014
    factoring in darling children at 2am when 4 handed i'm prob not ever folding 77+ never mind JJ,

some of us have built careers founded on the addition of scattergun runner/runner/backdoor outs 
  • edited July 2014
    We'll done, always nice to see someone get the jackpot.
  • edited July 2014
    factoring in darling children at 2am when 4 handed i'm prob not ever folding 77+ never mind JJ, some of us have built careers founded on the addition of scattergun runner/runner/backdoor outs 
    Posted by yoyo
    ;)
  • edited July 2014
    & some have ruined careers by just being in close proximity

;o)
  • edited July 2014
    Excellent! Were these in the Main, or the Mini? If the Main, then we will know tomorrow, as Ch 861 generally televise the Final Table. Wonder if Villain did have the K? Be greatest thing ever if he turns up with a complete "Matt Bates" style airball.....;)  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would like to be able to say this is a complete slur on my character.....
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Doobs, so close to scooping the Sky Poker Jackpot! : I would like to be able to say this is a complete slur on my character.....
    Posted by MattBates
    I just love it when I hit the sweet spot.

Yes, you'd LIKE to be able to say it......
  • edited July 2014