You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

delusional pro tweets

edited July 2014 in Poker Chat
'managed to find possibly worst guy in the tourney to 3/b & empty the clip into, doh, 11k going into 200/400.'

tweets like this really do grind my gears...the pro 3b's J10 pre, barrels a 996,4,2 board & the opponent calls down with AQ.

i'm guessing the opponent was an unknown & no doubt had the hand been called down by a big name pro it would've been 'so sick'.

Comments

• edited July 2014

I really hope this was a live live tounry and he is an online pro that has a tell he doesnt know about picked up by a recreational player

• edited July 2014
    Who are we talking about??
  • edited July 2014
    some people might call that a bit of a spew on the pro's part... surely there are better spots than firing 3 barrels vs an unknown with J high on a very un-scary 9 high board...

bit embarassing for the pro if u ask me

anyone we might know??
  • edited July 2014
    I believe it was Liv Boeree? Remember reading it on Twitter earlier...
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    Sounds like thedon90.
  • edited July 2014

Sounds like Thewy to me.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: delusional pro tweets:
    Sounds like Thewy to me.
    Posted by Tikay10

nah,

brushed up my act me!

• edited July 2014
    Sounds like Thewy to me.
    Posted by Tikay10

Nah, Thewy would have spiked the river.

My opinion on Ms Boeree has gone down a level.
  • edited July 2014
    What's so annoying about that tweet? She's being critical of herself... not her opponent in anyway really
  • edited July 2014
    Calling her opponent "possibly worst guy in tourney" is being pretty critical, wouldn't you say?

• edited July 2014
    Calling her opponent "possibly worst guy in tourney" is being pretty critical, wouldn't you say?
    Posted by FCHD
    You should write for the Sun, mate.

The full quote is "possibly worst guy in the tourney to 3/b & empty the clip into".

It doesn't say anything about the ability of the player, just the fact that he was the least likely in the tournament to find a fold there. Maybe she thinks the call-down is good?

Besides that, thinking a player is bad at poker is not an insult. I personally can think of loads of people I like who are absolutely dreadful at poker. Many are my friends. If they took it as an insult, it would merely be an example of them putting their egos into a skill that they have not taken the time to develop. That really would be dumb.

I'm really bad at flying a plane, by the way. I won't be insulted by anyone saying so.
  • edited July 2014
    over-reaction a little from op

I'd say the opponent probably is pretty good at poker considering his line in that hand. The average recreational player wouldn't have the skills to call down with blockers like that. 
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: delusional pro tweets :   " possibly worst guy in the tourney to 3/b & empty the clip into". It doesn't say anything about the ability of the player, just the fact that he was the least likely in the tournament to find a fold there. Maybe she thinks the call-down is good?

+1, exactly how i read it.

Posted by BorinLoner
  • edited July 2014

children, children...

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: delusional pro tweets : You should write for the Sun, mate. The full quote is " possibly worst guy in the tourney to 3/b & empty the clip into". It doesn't say anything about the ability of the player, just the fact that he was the least likely in the tournament to find a fold there. Maybe she thinks the call-down is good? Besides that, thinking a player is bad at poker is not an insult. I personally can think of loads of people I like who are absolutely dreadful at poker. Many are my friends. If they took it as an insult, it would merely be an example of them putting their egos into a skill that they have not taken the time to develop. That really would be dumb. I'm really bad at flying a plane, by the way. I won't be insulted by anyone saying so.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    :(
  • edited July 2014
    Besides that, thinking a player is bad at poker is not an insult. I personally can think of loads of people I like who are absolutely dreadful at poker. Many are my friends. If they took it as an insult, it would merely be an example of them putting their egos into a skill that they have not taken the time to develop. That really would be dumb. I'm really bad at flying a plane, by the way. I won't be insulted by anyone saying so.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I insulted the GF a week or so back when I said she wasn't good at badminton compared to me even though I've never played her. But as I played a couple times a week for 8/9 years... that's kind of expected!! I tried to make the same point to her that I'm terrible at load of things that I have never done and that I'm in no way insulted at being called terrible at them! Didn't really help too much though at the time lol.
  • edited July 2014
    Dont see anything wrong from the tweet, I think they seem to be saying they picked a very bad spot, as opposed to saying the opponent is a bad player. I would be far more offended to be called "delusional"
  • edited July 2014
    i may well have over-reacted & in hindsight i guess the tweet can read both ways,

my peeve was based on previous but it's more than possible that that doesn't occur anymore.

see what happens when i'm woken too early?
  • edited July 2014
    i may well have over-reacted & in hindsight i guess the tweet can read both ways, my peeve was based on previous but it's more than possible that that doesn't occur anymore. see what happens when i'm woken too early?
    Posted by yoyo

She said no to you too then huh? ;)

How you getting on in the Main Event BTW?.....had a fiver on ya! with the great odds offered by Sky Bet. 

• edited July 2014
    end of the day, its liv boeree. shes hot, she players poker, ultimatly she can do what she wants
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: delusional pro tweets : She said no to you too then huh? ;) How you getting on in the Main Event BTW?.....had a fiver on ya! with the great odds offered by Sky Bet. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    i got 2 bounties in last nights ME if that's any good for you?

hopefully you can get a refund if you meant the wsop ;o)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: delusional pro tweets : You should write for the Sun, mate. The full quote is " possibly worst guy in the tourney to 3/b & empty the clip into". It doesn't say anything about the ability of the player, just the fact that he was the least likely in the tournament to find a fold there. Maybe she thinks the call-down is good? Besides that, thinking a player is bad at poker is not an insult. I personally can think of loads of people I like who are absolutely dreadful at poker. Many are my friends. If they took it as an insult, it would merely be an example of them putting their egos into a skill that they have not taken the time to develop. That really would be dumb. I'm really bad at flying a plane, by the way. I won't be insulted by anyone saying so.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yikes! Am a little bit worried you know your bad at flying a plane,;) are you an ex pilot perchance.