You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

announcing hands

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
hi tikay and guys. i have asked this question twice before and havent been on the site for ages after to check the reply. sorry. i need help with something and promise i will come back on here to check any response. I play  poker at my local pub and have had a few problems with announcing my hand. just last night i was poker on tv and Phil Helmuth said to another play I know you have a jack. He confirmed he had and he did. Is this allowed as I am told regularly that if I announce my hand it is dead. Please help me. Can I annonce I have a flush? Can I say one or two hole cards? I have lost money on several occasions because someone in the hand asks me what I have got. I sometimes tell them as a double  bluff. Also string betting is a big thing. Yet I see the pros stacking up chips as much as they like.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    hi tikay and guys. i have asked this question twice before and havent been on the site for ages after to check the reply. sorry. i need help with something and promise i will come back on here to check any response. I play  poker at my local pub and have had a few problems with announcing my hand. just last night i was poker on tv and Phil Helmuth said to another play I know you have a jack. He confirmed he had and he did. Is this allowed as I am told regularly that if I announce my hand it is dead. Please help me. Can I annonce I have a flush? Can I say one or two hole cards? I have lost money on several occasions because someone in the hand asks me what I have got. I sometimes tell them as a double  bluff. Also string betting is a big thing. Yet I see the pros stacking up chips as much as they like.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to announcing hands:
    Posted by TOMMOBOY72
    Tommo, why don't you put this question in the Ask Tikay thread? I am confused about this too because I'm sure I heard that you can't say what hand you have but you can say you have AA if you HAVEN'T. As for string betting, they can pile up chips as much as they want but they can't say "I'll call you" and then follow it up with "and raise XXXXXX".